Minimum alcohol pricing - latest?

I think the government should be doing more to target the issues that cause alcoholism than simply bumping up prices. If people want it, they'll find ways of getting it. Be it stealing or through shops that are selling it cheaply under the counter. Or stealing so as to fund their habit.

Absolutely - they could have rolled out an education program in schools, with the aim of:

- highlighting the suffering caused by irresponsible drinking; eg folk putting up with anti-social behaviour in their neighbourhood, or a family living in fear of an abusive jakey parent

- changing attitudes from thinking its funny to see folk spew / fall over, to awareness of the genuine health impacts

It smacks of a token effort

It is the single easiest and unimaginative thing for them to do. Hence, thats what we get.

They could ban street drinking, that would definitely solve the problem. I very rarely see it in Dundee where the council have passed a bylaw(sp) banning it, it's very common in Edinburgh though where the council choose not to.

Sheesh I thought that no public drinking was "across the board" in Scotland - is it just a weegie by-law then?

In sunny Preston at the weekend, there was certainly plenty of folk having a scoof in public (and not just down-and-outs)

Guest milne_afc

shut up you victim[@Millertime], this is for entrepreneurs -- nae cunts that can't get past the job they took after school with no grades :laughing: that's how cunts like you[@Millertime] never fly far from the nest - mummy n daddy on speed dial and a bird[partner] that was their first and only ride :laughing:

Tbf, I preferred AK's stuff about his brother spurting from his stroop while being strongarmed across a dancefloor.

Sheesh I thought that no public drinking was "across the board" in Scotland - is it just a weegie by-law then?

In sunny Preston at the weekend, there was certainly plenty of folk having a scoof in public (and not just down-and-outs)

You can drink in Edinburgh streets until told to stop. If you don't stop then it's a fine

Absolutely - they could have rolled out an education program in schools, with the aim of:

- highlighting the suffering caused by irresponsible drinking; eg folk putting up with anti-social behaviour in their neighbourhood, or a family living in fear of an abusive jakey parent

- changing attitudes from thinking its funny to see folk spew / fall over, to awareness of the genuine health impacts

It is the single easiest and unimaginative thing for them to do. Hence, thats what we get.

Theyll cal it 'progressive'

they did that in 2015, I think they introduced it depending on age so that kids understand it, this latest law about minimum pricing I assume is obviously another step forward in the battle against drink in scotland. We won't know for a while whether this will work or not but I have no problem with the law and would have no problem with it being employed in england.

shut up you victim[@Millertime], this is for entrepreneurs -- nae cunts that can't get past the job they took after school with no grades :laughing: that's how cunts like you[@Millertime] never fly far from the nest - mummy n daddy on speed dial and a bird[partner] that was their first and only ride :laughing:

Tbf, I preferred AK's stuff about his brother spurting from his stroop while being strongarmed across a dancefloor.

Was this post deleted?

They've fucked up Irn Bru and now they've made alcohol more expensive. Next they'll be making potato scones square. Fuck them all.

"They've"?

The makers of Irn-Bru have changed the recipe to use less sugar. Market forces have ledd AG Barr to think they'll make more money with less sugar. I'd wager they know more about their business than some fat, unhealthy cunt on a messageboard.

A square tattie scone would actually be far better and would fit on a roll or sandwich better. Good shout. I'm all in favour of the square tattie scone proposal.

• Downvote 1