Scotland Women

Women’s football is atrocious. I wouldn’t go watch a similar level of men’s football (2nd division?) so wouldn’t watch any of this. Seems to be a lot of coverage on bbc website etc of women’s football when I doubt anyone really cares.

I guess a female footballer knocked back your attempts at chatting her up and you got all upset.

Get over it.

Re-women's teams losing to boy's under 15s. The women's teams in Scotland are very young. Aberdeen ladies have a 14-year-old who has scored seven goals in their last three games. Hibs are probably the best team in Scotland right now and all but a handful of players are under 22. So, physically, the boy's teams are probably fitter and stronger, and they probably train and play at a higher level, so I'd be amazed if the women's teams were beating them.

But you can't compare a Scotland women's team qualifying for the World Cup, or next week Glasgow City being in the last 32 of the champions league, and ask why it gets more coverage than Auchinleck Talbot - even if Talbot would hammer them. It's not really about the standard, more the story.

• Upvote 1

Anyway...

...a few years back there was a fad for celebrity boxing matches. In one of them Chyna, about as ripped a female as you're going to get, was put up against a fat, Italian car mechanic called joey Buttafuouco. While Chyna was famous for being buff, masculine, and having a clit like a baby carrot, Buttafuouco was famous for fucking a 16 year old and eating pies.

Here's what happens when you put a female athlete up against a fat mess of a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuLWWDoN85E

Incredible entertainment there.

My top 3 bits had to be the bit where he threw her on the deck, the bit where he pushed her on the deck and the bit where he punched her on the back of the head.

Incredible entertainment there.

My top 3 bits had to be the bit where he threw her on the deck, the bit where he pushed her on the deck and the bit where he punched her on the back of the head.

My favourite part was where he physically dominated her, start to finish, to the point where he could just swat her around like a fly... despite her training as a pro athlete for years, not to mention pushing PEDs up her bottom,  and having abs you could chop baby carrots on.  While Joey Hamplanet there is about as fucked a male specimen as you'll find outside of Mr Creosote aff The Meaning of Life. 

Women simply can't compete with men when it comes to physical sports,  outside of the odd anomaly.

...which was the point being made. 

My favourite part was where he physically dominated her, start to finish, to the point where he could just swat her around like a fly... despite her training as a pro athlete for years, not to mention pushing PEDs up her bottom, and having abs you could chop baby carrots on. While Joey Hamplanet there is about as fucked a male specimen as you'll find outside of Mr Creosote aff The Meaning of Life.

Women simply can't compete with men when it comes to physical sports, outside of the odd anomaly.

...which was the point being made.

Hahaha. You really made me laugh there. The best bit was when you said you had a point.

• Downvote 1

Hahaha. You really made me laugh there. The best bit was when you said you had a point.

Your failure to identify the point being made in no way diminishes or refutes the point being made. 

If you didn't recognise it I'm sure others did..

It was a fairly obvious point, after all. 

Thanks for that, a real education but what was the argument?

The fact that women can't compete with men when it comes to physical sports. That was the simple point that was being made, whereupon you expressed disgust at watching a man hitting a woman whilst ignoring the fact that that was the whole point of, um, a boxing match between a man and a woman.

Also, no-one was holding a gun to her head as far as I could see. She probably thought she had a decent shot at beating him when she agreed to it, but the footage shows all that went out the window within 10 seconds of the fight starting.

The fact that women can't compete with men when it comes to physical sports. That was the simple point that was being made, whereupon you expressed disgust at watching a man hitting a woman whilst ignoring the fact that that was the whole point of, um, a boxing match between a man and a woman.

Also, no-one was holding a gun to her head as far as I could see. She probably thought she had a decent shot at beating him when she agreed to it, but the footage shows all that went out the window within 10 seconds of the fight starting.

I see you did get the point that was being made.  I thought everyone would have, what with me basically saying, "The point being made is women can't compete with men physically." But I guess that was just too vague for some people to pick up on. 

Anyway, in the lead up to the fight it was in fact Chyna who was stoked for the match up. She'd been smack talking Fat joey, telling anyone who'd listen how she was basically going to knock him on his fat fucking arse, and check out these guns I got, BOOOYAH!

My interest was that I reckoned that even with the physical disparity, Joey Fatty Fat Fat was going to be the one smashing her face in, because a million years of biological natural selection can't be erased with a few pies on the one hand and steroids up the bum on the other. 

It became apparent pretty quickly that for all Chyna's lady muscles, and all the pork fat around Joey the Cake's tits, men are just stronger than women because evo-fucking-lution. 

But, as I say, I AM a feminist. I'm on board with the narrative (if not the alleged reality) of women being just as good as men at absolutely everything... so much so that I am 100% behind scrapping women's sports and allowing them to compete as equals in men's sport. 

Starting... as I also say... with boxing. 

See how they fare. 

Then we'll go from there. 

Whooaa hold on now, I didn't express disgust at anything. You may have noted a crude attempt at sarcasm, this was aimed at the completely pathetic pretence of entertainment in the form of a miss matched boxing match. I'm pretty sure it was in fact done for 'entertainment'.

And just to be clear, you were upset enough to quote me in your post because you thought I failed to entertain an "argument" around whether men are stronger than women or not? Mate, that's just weird.

Whooaa hold on now, I didn't express disgust at anything. You may have noted a crude attempt at sarcasm, this was aimed at the completely pathetic pretence of entertainment in the form of a miss matched boxing match. I'm pretty sure it was in fact done for 'entertainment'.

And just to be clear, you were upset enough to quote me in your post because you thought I failed to entertain an "argument" around whether men are stronger than women or not? Mate, that's just weird.

No, I quoted you because you had a pop at Kelt for not having a point. Which he did.

Lol

Who is it that says this? I could be wrong but always assumed feminism was something a bit different to 'a woman can lift the same weight as a man'.

I think you might need to look up the word.

I've no need to look any words up, since I generally understand how words are used in their correct context before using them myself. 

As to your interpretation of what my argument might be, you're firmly in strawman territory, and while at first I thought you were deliberately being obtuse I'm now not sure that you do comprehend my argument. 

Some clarifications, and don't expect this kind of spoon-feeding as a matter of routine... 

My argument isn't that  'Feminism = Women can lift the same as blokes'. That is a straightforward misrepresentation of the argument as it was presented. Ergo... strawman. As I'm sure you're aware, there's no expectation on my part to defend an argument I never made.  You may (or may not, I can't be sure in all honesty) notice that I said I was on board with the narrative, not the 'reality' that women can do anything men can do. A simple Google will reveal said narrative. It's popular with 'strong, independent women'. 

"She looked up at me and said, “Whatever a man can do, a woman can do, and usually do it a whole lot better.”

Which is true. "

If you've ever spoken to a third wave, man-hating (a redundancy) Feminist you'll get that narrative over and over.  

My actual argument, once again... and I can only clarify this so many times before I guess I have to concede that you're simply not capable of understanding it... my argument is that men are, in general, physically stronger (yes, that does mean that, in general, men can lift heavier weights), as a result of a million years of biological natural selection. Dimorphism in humans has led to males being larger, stronger, and more capable of physical feats than the female, for all the reasons you would expect, and I'm not listing them all here. 

That's a basic evolutionary, self-evident (to anyone with working eyes) fact that has nothing to do with personal opinion or Feminism. 

• Upvote 1