Scottish Fitba Tv Rights

Aye , that's the EPL.

I meant the going rate for countries with similar standing in domestic football terms to Scotland

Aye but that's the problem. Scottish football doesn't compare to anything else because it is the only country to sell it's tv rights exclusively to another country. It's supporters are a target market for the preferred product of its host. It's fucked basically.

Is Scotland an actual country or isn't it? Is the question.

If it isn't, then the spfl premiership is just another British league like the epl, echamp, league 1, 2 etc covered by a British broadcaster and should receive a fee according to its standing among these leagues. It's as simple as that and as such the epl figures paid by sky and bt are absolutely relevant. They are the top fee naturally so the question is only whether the standing of the spfl is higher or lower than the efl.

EPL - £5.1 billion over 3 years.

EFL - £600 Million over 5 years.

SPFL - ???

Sky and BT are UK broadcasters, broadcasting all these products across the entire 'country' of Britain. Each individual product has the exact same UK viewing potential across the 2 platforms and are comparable as such.

Alternatively, you see Scotland is an actual country. If so, see my first paragraph. As things stand the spfl is basically fucked.

• Upvote 2

No, you've misread my post.

The idea was that sky sports or BT sports, whoever won the rights, would have a stand-alone channel dedicated to Scottish football, rather than the standalone independent SPL TV that was muted by Roger Mitchell.

What, like Sky sports football, sky sports premier league, sky sports spfl etc?

How would that demand/command any more money.

What, like Sky sports football, sky sports premier league, sky sports spfl etc?

How would that demand/command any more money.

Well I don't have sky sports - and have no interest in signing up to all their sports channels. But if they had a stand-alone Scottish football channel id probably subscribe to that.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/08/bt-chief-executive-gavin-patterson-to-leave-post-later-this-year

That article lists it, a lot of investors feel BT shouldn't have got involved in the sport market and its likely they will pull out of the market even more.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/25/worldpays-philip-jansen-named-bt-chief-executive-gavin-Patterson

New chief coming in, sports not working.

Perfect, means I could change my broadband provider. I only stay with BT for cheap sports channels.

Lol at paying for sports channels through sky and bt.

The provider I use gets me anything I want on the tv for about 60 quid a year.

No issues. Fuck sky and bt. On par with Huns and rapists

Have to agree. In this day and age there's no need to be paying for BT or Sky Sports. If I want to watch any match in particular US or UK based I stream like a motherfucker.

Seems a good development overall...

More Scottish Cup games will be televised as part of a new deal with the Scottish FA.

In a six-year agreement with IMG, who will market the competition globally, BBC Scotland will screen additional games and Premier Sports makes its domestic debut in Scotland.

BBC will screen games from rounds one to three of the competition, starting from next season, which will mean Highland League, Lowland League and junior clubs now have an increased chance of being shown on television.

Premier Sports has already televised Champions League and Europa League matches involving Scottish clubs and from round four onwards, each broadcaster will screen two games each. One semi-final will be shown exclusively on Premier Sports, with the other semi-final and final screened across both channels.

SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell is enthused by the potential of the deal.

He said: “The William Hill Scottish Cup is a tournament that is steeped in history. In it, the clubs and players have created countless unforgettable memories and this deal will ensure that more action than ever before will be broadcast live to the nation.

“It will also drive significant revenue back to all the clubs who participate in the competition, ensuring ongoing investment into the game. We look forward to working with Premier Sports and the BBC to help us continue to tell the stories and cover the action of our top knockout competition.”