Aberdeen V Alloa (0 - 0) (6 - 5 Pens)

We could easily do without Vernon, Magennis & Zola for one decent striker & have him covered by the youngsters when he's injured.

McGinn & another GOOD striker & have the likes of Smith, Shanklan & Dec as cover/subs is all we need up front really. In massive emergencies through injuries up front to all them, I'm sure the likes of Pawlett, Wylde, or even Shaughnessy etc. could do a turn as cover if required.

We are wasting a lot of combined wages (regardless of how small they are) on too many shite strikers & strikers it seems that cannot even earn one of their wages between the three of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think it's anything to do with confidence with Vernon. It's poor mobility and technique.

I know what you mean, but the fact is he did get 15 goals back when he was confident a few years back.

Even last season, St J away, he scored 2 cracking headers, both ruled out, but I couldn't imagine him scoring them now.

I don't know whats happened to him.

Maybe the ideal game to give Vernon his final chance, get a couple of goals against a shit side should see his confidence rocket.

Even though Vernon missed some decent chances he still looked better than Zola did as did Magennis also.

I hope to be proved wrong (I honestly do) but I really cannot see any good coming from persisting with Zola. He just looks far to immobile & slow & couldn't jump up onto a kerb.

minijc, I think to call Alloa a shit side is to be a bit disrespectful, and one that could well come back to bite you!

Yeah prob better than east fife, queens park, raith rovers etc. and look what happened there.

I know what peoiple are saying regarding hoping our misfiring strikers zola and vernon play and score a few goals and whilst that is a possibility if I was Hartley I would like nothing better than for those players to start. It plays into his hands on two counts:

1. he can tell his players that aberdeen think we are walkovers not treating us with respect and playing their best players. how does that make you feel? let's show them etc.

2. These players are not actually that good and therefore not going to cause a lot of damage.

Let's just play our best side and try and win a bloody trophy before we are all old and grey

ps am now expecting a reply from someone along the lines of too late!!

This is a must win game...and...a potential banana skin...Hartley hates huns so he will be keen to make a monkey out of Mchun...he will also see it as a stage to prove Milne a neep for not even considering him for the AFC job...hopefully 2-1 us but wouldn't be surprised if the score is reversed.

oh and what happens when you get to 50 posts? I am expecting some token along the lines of a gothenburg 83 hip flask. That would be lovely.

Am guessing tup is probably entitled to now have willie miller iron his work shirts every sunday evening for a year.

You get locked out until the mods (all mods) have reviewed your contributions in your first 50 posts & voted on whether or not you can continue.

I was locked out for three years & snuck back in once the site had a melt down

It took three years to read 50 of your posts

I don't get it.

What are you trying to say? Are you a slow reader, or do you not take your moderator position seriously?

In short, If what you are trying to say is that I can go on "a little" & tend to drag out a point a lot more than is reasonably acceptable or in fact relevant, then you could have a point but then again if you look at it another way. I maybe tend to go for quality over quantity (stay with me) & that I stick to my main point & concentrate on making sure I get that point across as best I can rather than drifting off my main point & adding lots of other meaningless points which will only act as a distraction to my main point which I would rather was concentrated on.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is I quite enjoy annoying people if my long winded statements are annoying to read but if they are not annoying enough, I will try my best to make sure I work much much harder on that aspect of my posting.

If you are still reading then you are in fact wasting your time but thanks for showing me the respect by getting this far :thumbup1:

• Downvote 3

I don't get it.

What are you trying to say? Are you a slow reader, or do you not take your moderator position seriously?

In short, If what you are trying to say is that I can go on "a little" & tend to drag out a point a lot more than is reasonably acceptable or in fact relevant, then you could have a point but then again if you look at it another way. I maybe tend to go for quality over quantity (stay with me) & that I stick to my main point & concentrate on making sure I get that point across as best I can rather than drifting off my main point & adding lots of other meaningless points which will only act as a distraction to my main point which I would rather was concentrated on.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is I quite enjoy annoying people if my long winded statements are annoying to read but if they are not annoying enough, I will try my best to make sure I work much much harder on that aspect of my posting.

If you are still reading then you are in fact wasting your time but thanks for showing me the respect by getting this far :thumbup1:

Why use 10 words when 15,000 will do.

Maybe the ideal game to give Vernon his final chance, get a couple of goals against a shit side should see his confidence rocket.

Why anyone would want to go along to Pittodrie and watch Vernon continue to struggle is beyond me. That's exactly the sort of reason that puts me off going to Pittodrie. Get the youngstars in.