Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Out Of Contract

so why the delay in announcing he's going then? there would be nobody upset if he chose say Wigan over the Dons( surprised & disappointed admittedly) but the only reason to keep quiet about it is if he was going to the Huns because of the reaction he'd get from the fans

i'll just add that if the Huns are serious about beating the Tims & stopping 10 in a row surely they're looking at better midfielders than shinne, no offence

so why the delay in announcing he's going then? there would be nobody upset if he chose say Wigan over the Dons( surprised & disappointed admittedly) but the only reason to keep quiet about it is if he was going to the Huns because of the reaction he'd get from the fans

Exactly. Shinnie has a young family and he will know where he is going to be next season. Still wouldn't rule out the Tims given Tierney's injury problems and Broonie starting to creak.

I actually don’t think he has signed for anyone yet. If he had the buying club would have announced it.

My guess is that both he and GMS have both told the club that they are moving on at the end of the season. In all likelihood Shinnie will have 2-3 decent offers and he will take his time in making a decision. He may well get further offers if he pulls his finger out between now and end of season. The reason DM was so pissed off with the news leaking about Ferguson’s new deal was probably that it was going to be the positive news following the announcements of both Shinnie and GMS announcing they are off. Also to add , the club seem to be getting stick for this but not sure what more they can do.

Exactly. Shinnie has a young family and he will know where he is going to be next season. Still wouldn't rule out the Tims given Tierney's injury problems and Broonie starting to creak.

Risky leaving it too long. Run risk of Hoban (or worse) type injury & then have no back up deals, or seriously reduced back up deals.

This is why we should be saying our offer is only good until such & such date, then its reduced by 10%.

They know we will be forced to stick by them & give them new deals even if they get injured whilst they are stringing us along.

Shinnie has 100% signed a pre contract imo. Still think GMS is undecided but he will decide pretty quick now after the shit games lately & shit press lol

June 2019

Tomas Cerny
Mark Reynolds
Andrew Considine
Graeme Shinnie
Sam Roscoe
Gary Mackay-Steven
Frank Ross
Max Lowe - loan return to Derby
Dominic Ball - also out of contract at Rotherham
Tommie Hoban - also out of contract at Watford
Greg Stewart - also out of contract at Birmingham
James Wilson - also out of contract at Man Utd

June 2020

Joe Lewis
Danny Rogers
Shay Logan
Stephen Gleeson
Derek McInnes
Tony Docherty

June 2021

Michael Devlin
Scott Wright
Dean Campbell
Connor McLennan
Bruce Anderson
Niall McGinn
Stevie May

June 2022

Sam Cosgrove

June 2023

Scott McKenna

June 2024

Lewis Ferguson

Surprising to see how many could be heading out the door in June. Rogers likely to return in place of Cerny, Reynolds punted on loan during last six months of his contract suggests its with a view a permanent move. Consi, not heard much about his situation, has he been offered anything. Been a good servant to the club so wouldn’t be against an extension. Shinnie, the saga continues although I’m sure the club knows one way or another what’s happening and just aren’t being straight with the fans. GMS, is he off to NY? Gone off the boil following a bright start, much like Shinnie has despite effectively playing for their futures (unless they are already committed to something…) Roscoe and Ross being evaluated as youngsters are but a bit surprised neither tied up yet. Ball making overtures about staying in the press so seems keen to stick around. Lowe won’t be back, Hobans crocked, Wilson’s not done enough and Stewart’s reverted back to his first stint’s form.

• Downvote 1

Surprising to see how many could be heading out the door in June. Rogers likely to return in place of Cerny, Reynolds punted on loan during last six months of his contract suggests its with a view a permanent move. Consi, not heard much about his situation, has he been offered anything. Been a good servant to the club so wouldn’t be against an extension. Shinnie, the saga continues although I’m sure the club knows one way or another what’s happening and just aren’t being straight with the fans. GMS, is he off to NY? Gone off the boil following a bright start, much like Shinnie has despite effectively playing for their futures (unless they are already committed to something…) Roscoe and Ross being evaluated as youngsters are but a bit surprised neither tied up yet. Ball making overtures about staying in the press so seems keen to stick around. Lowe won’t be back, Hobans crocked, Wilson’s not done enough and Stewart’s reverted back to his first stint’s form.

Absolute nonsense

• Upvote 1

Any confirmation re Shinnie or GMS? There was supposed to be "clarity'" by now? Starting to irritate me. Neither owe it to us to sign, but they owe it to us to state their intentions publicly.

I think we can assume they are keeping their options open. Don't think it's realistic to ask them to come out and say 'I might stay at Aberdeen but just waiting to see if something better comes along.'

Been told Shinnies biggest offer is Rangers.

Ryan Jack Mark 2 is coming up.