Out Of Contract

If management has reportly offered Shinnie a contract making him the highest paid player in club history that is a much as you could possiblly hope or expect for a club the size of Aberdeen. 

In terms of GMS, I wonder if NYC has been watching his recent play. While all his tricks and dribbling make for interesting tv, GMS has not been the difference maker he was at the beginning of the season. Dont know if it was the knock to the head or having his head turned by the MLS offer.... 

If management has reportly offered Shinnie a contract making him the highest paid player in club history that is a much as you could possiblly hope or expect for a club the size of Aberdeen.

In terms of GMS, I wonder if NYC has been watching his recent play. While all his tricks and dribbling make for interesting tv, GMS has not been the difference maker he was at the beginning of the season. Dont know if it was the knock to the head or having his head turned by the MLS offer....

Doubt we’ve offered him over £8k per week tbh

• Downvote 1

Agree re Shinnie. Unfortunately, I think at least one of the ugly sisters will have offered him a deal. He might not get a regular start for them, but it's a classic example of weakening one of your closest challengers.

As for GMS, I imagine his showboating will go down well in the States!

Out of list coming out of contract after next season, Lewis is the one I'd most like to sign an extension.

With him in place, along with the others here for the longer term (McKenna, Devlin, Ferguson, Cosgrove), we've got the potential to have a real spine to the team for a few seasons at least - unless someone offers big money for one of them.

Out of list coming out of contract after next season, Lewis is the one I'd most like to sign an extension.

With him in place, along with the others here for the longer term (McKenna, Devlin, Ferguson, Cosgrove), we've got the potential to have a real spine to the team for a few seasons at least - unless someone offers big insulting money for one all of them that Milne will accept at the first drop of a hat.

Fixed it for you...

Shinnie ain't going to der hun. No fuckin chance. You see how pumped he was today when he scored! Deek making a point of bigging him up at full time. He might stay yet.

100% agree.

Not totally convinced that Shinnie will stay, albeit there is a decent chance he will.

However don't see him going to the Hun bastards.

For me IF he leaves it will be to England.

You can't blame Shinnie if he wants to have a crack at the English leagues. It would be a fresh new challenge and playing far more clubs only twice a season in the league. Plus the financial rewards would be greater didn't McLean secure a £12k per week contract at Norwich? Shinnie would likely be looking for something similar.

If he goes to the hun then fuck him he'll be dead to every single AFC fan. And I'll need to delete my account on here for obvious reasons.

You can't blame Shinnie if he wants to have a crack at the English leagues. It would be a fresh new challenge and playing far more clubs only twice a season in the league. Plus the financial rewards would be greater didn't McLean secure a £12k per week contract at Norwich? Shinnie would likely be looking for something similar.

If he goes to the hun then fuck him he'll be dead to every single AFC fan. And I'll need to delete my account on here for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't worry. Others haven't deleted their accounts for any obvious reasons!

If Shinnie signs for the hun I'd feel dirty keeping my current username. I'd have to delete my account and come back with a different username which definitely will not be one that refers to a current player! :-)

I'm sure the admin will allow a username change. Brian fae Perth has had about 76 of them.

My point is, he's too much of a dandy to sign for the huns. I don't believe he would do that. Moving to England shire for a huge wage increase, fair enough. Don't know why I'm explaining myself to a numbskull like you.

If he loves Aberdeen just like Willie Miller and mcleish did, and if the rumours are true that he's been offered the biggest deal in Aberdeens history, then why isn't he coming out and stateing if he's staying or going. Don't you think his dandies that he loved deserve a statement one way or the other. Could be he's a Beano.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

My point is, he's too much of a dandy to sign for the huns. I don't believe he would do that. Moving to England shire for a huge wage increase, fair enough. Don't know why I'm explaining myself to a numbskull like you.

His father is a hun. I know someone who played with him at youth level for Caley and he confirmed Graeme and Andrew are both huns. Maybe, having played for us for a few years he's developed a love of the club. However, from what I've been told there are 3 choices on the table, AFC, Wigan and the Huns. The latter are offering life changing money. Couple that with the prospect of winning more trophies at Rangers than Wigan, we could yet see him pull on the horrible blue shirt. He's best mates with Ryan Jack and his missus and Jacks missus get on really well. Its the perfect storm for me, which is why I don't think we've heard anything, and probably wont.

His father is a hun. I know someone who played with him at youth level for Caley and he confirmed Graeme and Andrew are both huns. Maybe, having played for us for a few years he's developed a love of the club. However, from what I've been told there are 3 choices on the table, AFC, Wigan and the Huns. The latter are offering life changing money. Couple that with the prospect of winning more trophies at Rangers than Wigan, we could yet see him pull on the horrible blue shirt. He's best mates with Ryan Jack and his missus and Jacks missus get on really well. Its the perfect storm for me, which is why I don't think we've heard anything, and probably wont.

The fact he grew up a Hun is not new information....

Unlike jack would like to think Shinnie would be more adventurous and come out the comfort zone of a league and give it a try down south. Might not work for him and be back North in 18months at least he can say he gave it a try. Jack didn’t have the balls for this. Stick in a league where he knows he will be a big fish a bit like Scott Brown. Have more respect if he gives England ago

Must be someone on here that went to school with him can confirm if he is a Hun wore kit in PE etc?

Unlike jack would like to think Shinnie would be more adventurous and come out the comfort zone of a league and give it a try down south. Might not work for him and be back North in 18months at least he can say he gave it a try. Jack didn’t have the balls for this. Stick in a league where he knows he will be a big fish a bit like Scott Brown. Have more respect if he gives England ago

I work with a few of ex pros. Some gave lower league England a go, some didn't. The ones that did found the constant weekend/midweek fixture list created massive issues with home life. This put some of the others off. And the money wasn't amazing either

Just your luck as to who chases you I suppose

Read an article that was the same. Also factor in much more traveling over greater distances in a 46 match league season, as you say can be a burden on a young family.

If Shinnie is offered 6k a week by us (just guessing) but his next highest is say 7.5k by Wigan, once your knock off higher rate tax and factor in all the other negatives is it worth it? Or do you gamble and hope to get a move to a bigger team.