Out Of Contract

My point is, he's too much of a dandy to sign for the huns. I don't believe he would do that. Moving to England shire for a huge wage increase, fair enough. Don't know why I'm explaining myself to a numbskull like you.

If he loves Aberdeen just like Willie Miller and mcleish did, and if the rumours are true that he's been offered the biggest deal in Aberdeens history, then why isn't he coming out and stateing if he's staying or going. Don't you think his dandies that he loved deserve a statement one way or the other. Could be he's a Beano.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

My point is, he's too much of a dandy to sign for the huns. I don't believe he would do that. Moving to England shire for a huge wage increase, fair enough. Don't know why I'm explaining myself to a numbskull like you.

His father is a hun. I know someone who played with him at youth level for Caley and he confirmed Graeme and Andrew are both huns. Maybe, having played for us for a few years he's developed a love of the club. However, from what I've been told there are 3 choices on the table, AFC, Wigan and the Huns. The latter are offering life changing money. Couple that with the prospect of winning more trophies at Rangers than Wigan, we could yet see him pull on the horrible blue shirt. He's best mates with Ryan Jack and his missus and Jacks missus get on really well. Its the perfect storm for me, which is why I don't think we've heard anything, and probably wont.

His father is a hun. I know someone who played with him at youth level for Caley and he confirmed Graeme and Andrew are both huns. Maybe, having played for us for a few years he's developed a love of the club. However, from what I've been told there are 3 choices on the table, AFC, Wigan and the Huns. The latter are offering life changing money. Couple that with the prospect of winning more trophies at Rangers than Wigan, we could yet see him pull on the horrible blue shirt. He's best mates with Ryan Jack and his missus and Jacks missus get on really well. Its the perfect storm for me, which is why I don't think we've heard anything, and probably wont.

The fact he grew up a Hun is not new information....

Unlike jack would like to think Shinnie would be more adventurous and come out the comfort zone of a league and give it a try down south. Might not work for him and be back North in 18months at least he can say he gave it a try. Jack didn’t have the balls for this. Stick in a league where he knows he will be a big fish a bit like Scott Brown. Have more respect if he gives England ago

Must be someone on here that went to school with him can confirm if he is a Hun wore kit in PE etc?

Unlike jack would like to think Shinnie would be more adventurous and come out the comfort zone of a league and give it a try down south. Might not work for him and be back North in 18months at least he can say he gave it a try. Jack didn’t have the balls for this. Stick in a league where he knows he will be a big fish a bit like Scott Brown. Have more respect if he gives England ago

I work with a few of ex pros. Some gave lower league England a go, some didn't. The ones that did found the constant weekend/midweek fixture list created massive issues with home life. This put some of the others off. And the money wasn't amazing either

Just your luck as to who chases you I suppose

Read an article that was the same. Also factor in much more traveling over greater distances in a 46 match league season, as you say can be a burden on a young family.

If Shinnie is offered 6k a week by us (just guessing) but his next highest is say 7.5k by Wigan, once your knock off higher rate tax and factor in all the other negatives is it worth it? Or do you gamble and hope to get a move to a bigger team.

Read an article that was the same. Also factor in much more traveling over greater distances in a 46 match league season, as you say can be a burden on a young family.

If Shinnie is offered 6k a week by us (just guessing) but his next highest is say 7.5k by Wigan, once your knock off higher rate tax and factor in all the other negatives is it worth it? Or do you gamble and hope to get a move to a bigger team.

Tax rate is higher in Scotland than England now. Move his young family to Wigan and within 6 months end up on loan at Kilmarnock and leave them in Wigan while he is in Kilmarnock is not ideal. 

Yeah, going away on a Friday night and not back to late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, the maybe heading away again Monday or Tuesday for the same time period caused a lot of grief. Wives etc having little family support and friends nearby won't help.

I'm sure Craig Bryson's mrs is back living in her home town as she was alone a lot of the time (might have been when he was in loan)

Tax rate is higher in Scotland than England now. Move his young family to Wigan and within 6 months end up on loan at Kilmarnock and leave them in Wigan while he is in Kilmarnock is not ideal.

Aye, I was meaning that a grand and a half more is only £850/900 or so once you take off higher rate tax.

I would imagine Wigan would offer closer to 10k a week.

It just seems to be going the same way as the Jack rumours, a few folk in the know repeating it's happening, everyone else adamant it won't.

I'm sure Shinnie does have a lot of general affection for our club and he has represented us well but is that going to stop him signing for them if they offer more money? If his only 3 options are Aberdeen, rangers and Wigan then I think it will be between Aberdeen and rangers for his signature. Kenny McLean seems to have run into good form with Norwich so maybe other clubs in championship will be looking at where he's come from and like the look of Shinnie?

It just seems to be going the same way as the Jack rumours, a few folk in the know repeating it's happening, everyone else adamant it won't.

I'm sure Shinnie does have a lot of general affection for our club and he has represented us well but is that going to stop him signing for them if they offer more money? If his only 3 options are Aberdeen, rangers and Wigan then I think it will be between Aberdeen and rangers for his signature. Kenny McLean seems to have run into good form with Norwich so maybe other clubs in championship will be looking at where he's come from and like the look of Shinnie?

Were they?

If you look back I think you'd find most if not everyone expected it?