Red Army name

Given our relatively recent efforts helping raise funds for Dnipro, I don't know if that's still ongoing, but think it would mean a lot to the Ukrainian community in the city and shire if we stopped using the term Red Army - after the Anthrax attacks, the band Anthrax stopped using their name out of respect and while our use of Red Army has zero to do with Putin, I think it would be a gesture by the club - unlike the Celtic fans and the Donetsk flag last night.

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Given our relatively recent efforts helping raise funds for Dnipro, I don't know if that's still ongoing, but think it would mean a lot to the Ukrainian community in the city and shire if we stopped using the term Red Army - after the Anthrax attacks, the band Anthrax stopped using their name out of respect and while our use of Red Army has zero to do with Putin, I think it would be a gesture by the club - unlike the Celtic fans and the Donetsk flag last night.

?

18 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

It would mean a lot to the Aberdeen support in the city and shire if you stopped using the name Alex Ferguson.

• Upvote 10
1 hour ago, Alex Ferguson said:

?????

1 hour ago, Alex Ferguson said:

I had to check the date to make sure it wasn’t 1st April. Anyway keep sniffing the glue . If it’s a windup min how could you be bothered ?

Fair enough, I thought it might be an idea, given the history of Red Army across Ukraine, and Eastern Europe, thought of as Russian aggressors/invaders.

If anything it would be some PR for the club.  I do think the club should stop using it while the modern day Red Army tanks are rolling into peaceful Ukrainian cities, but not consensual so forget I said anything.

5 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Fair enough, I thought it might be an idea, given the history of Red Army across Ukraine, and Eastern Europe, thought of as Russian aggressors/invaders.

If anything it would be some PR for the club.  I do think the club should stop using it while the modern day Red Army tanks are rolling into peaceful Ukrainian cities, but not consensual so forget I said anything.

Have a lie down 

Everthing isn’t fucking literal ! 

2 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Have a lie down 

Everthing isn’t fucking literal ! 

I'm not your woke type myself but it's the togetherness we should be showing a country, who we have club connections with through the Dnipro kids fund-raising as recently as December 2021.

For them - can we be the 12th Man or something else, not The Red Army, for one week, one month, it would be SYMBOLIC if nothing else, a gesture, a reach out to our Ukrainian community, which we certainly have in Aberdeen and across Scotland.

54 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

I'm not your woke type myself but it's the togetherness we should be showing a country, who we have club connections with through the Dnipro kids fund-raising as recently as December 2021.

For them - can we be the 12th Man or something else, not The Red Army, for one week, one month, it would be SYMBOLIC if nothing else, a gesture, a reach out to our Ukrainian community, which we certainly have in Aberdeen and across Scotland.

I really don’t think when they have women and bairns dying that would really register on the give a fuck scale . I appreciate your heart is in the right place but just accept it’s absolutely ridiculous 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Maybe give ‘We’re red, you’re dead, we’re bouncing on your head’ a miss tomorrow.

Surely we don’t want to alienate the Russian community either. Especially given our historic links with that proud nation...(we played Lokomotiv Moscow)

A blast of “We’re red , you’re dead , we’re bouncing on Kiev” would be a fitting show of solidarity 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, redone said:

Surely we don’t want to alienate the Russian community either. Especially given our historic links with that proud nation...(we played Lokomotiv Moscow)

A blast of “We’re red , you’re dead , we’re bouncing on Kiev” would be a fitting show of solidarity 

We're, you're dead, we're bouncing on Kiev, just sick.  

Hang your head in shame