How Do You Feel About Homosexuals Right To Adopt Children?

I've posted my views here on homosexuals before, and I feel that they should be awarded equal rights in almost every respect.

The one thing I'm still not sure about is: homosexual couples rights to adopt children.

A dual female couple seems fine to me but a dual male couple adopting, I'm not to sure about.

I'd be interested to hear others views on this.

I've posted my views here on homosexuals before, and I feel that they should be awarded equal rights in almost every respect.

The one thing I'm still not sure about is: homosexual couples rights to adopt children.

A dual female couple seems fine to me but a dual male couple adopting, I'm not to sure about.

I'd be interested to hear others views on this.

what difference does it make; gay or lez couple?

i dont think they should. theyre gay. ergo they cant have kids. simple really.

think its a bit cruel actually wanting to adopt.

can you imagine the grief the kid would get at school.

bound to grow up with serious issues.

i'm all for it as long as they're good parents.

i have friends who have been raised by same-sex parents. i have friends who are gay and have raised children together. if nothing else, the children of these relationships seem far more open to the variety of people and viewpoints that exist in the world.

a loving home and loving parents, no matter who they are, can't be a bad thing.

what difference does it make; gay or lez couple?

i dont think they should. theyre gay. ergo they cant have kids. simple really.

think its a bit cruel actually wanting to adopt.

can you imagine the grief the kid would get at school.

bound to grow up with serious issues.

so what about hetero couples with fertility problems? they can't have children either, but government goes to some expense to provide them with the opportunity to have children of their own. why not just leave them to adopt or do without?

I'm all for equal rights for gays. And I guess that should include allowing them to adopt. But let's be honest. These kids' lives are going to be made hell at school because of bullying. Whether that's enough to use as a reason not to allow same sex couples to adopt is another question entirely.

i'm all for it as long as they're good parents.

i have friends who have been raised by same-sex parents. i have friends who are gay and have raised children together. if nothing else, the children of these relationships seem far more open to the variety of people and viewpoints that exist in the world.

a loving home and loving parents, no matter who they are, can't be a bad thing.

I kinda agree but Men and Woman are different and bring different skills to the parenting table. The child is also far more likely to be bullied if they've been brought up with same sex parents.

so what about hetero couples with fertility problems? they can't have children either, but government goes to some expense to provide them with the opportunity to have children of their own. why not just leave them to adopt or do without?

i think their 'lifestyle' is more conducive to a kids happy upbringing.

bullying is a big enough problem as it is.

having my two dads is one big fuckin stick to beat a kid with

society just isnt ready for it.

You won't get a sensible discussion on here ragarding the gays, I'm afraid.

They should have equal rights as the rest of us in every aspect of life, including adoption.

It's sad that's even still debated in 2013, a very poor reflection of our society.

IMO of course, opinions and all that.

• Upvote 3

I'm all for equal rights for gays. And I guess that should include allowing them to adopt. But let's be honest. These kids' lives are going to be made hell at school because of bullying. Whether that's enough to use as a reason not to allow same sex couples to adopt is another question entirely.

i think their 'lifestyle' is more conducive to a kids happy upbringing.

bullying is a big enough problem as it is.

having my two dads is one big fuckin stick to beat a kid with

society just isnt ready for it.

you're right, bullying may be worse. but arguably if you're living in a community where being gay is accepted, it's not likely to be a lot worse for a child because their parents are same-sex. and i'd imagine a child who's been bumped around in foster care would be willing to take their chances in exchange for a permanent home with loving, good parents, same-sex or not.

I kinda agree but Men and Woman are different and bring different skills to the parenting table. The child is also far more likely to be bullied if they've been brought up with same sex parents.

i'd agree. most men and women have very different parenting skills. but i still think two parents is never a bad thing. and adaptations can be made. and close family friends and other relatives can bring something to the table too. "it takes a village to raise a child" as it were.

No is my short and simple answer.

Not that it matters, its near fucking impossible to adopt these days anyway. You have to be the same colour as the kid, not smoke, have your drinking habits monitored, declare every fucking move you make and by the time you've jumped through all the hoops you're too old to then adopt.

I'm twixed. I don't like that I'm twixed but I am. I know that I should say that it is fine and that it doesn't matter that it's two mums or two dads but I just get the feeling that there would be something missing. I don't know anyone that's been brought up by two same sex parents mind you.

i do know at least a few who have been brought up by same-sex parents. and they're fine. absolutely normal (if there is such a thing) people. caring, considerate, intelligent people.. just like some of the people on the forum. i'd rather any child were adopted by parents who want them and can give them a good home than stay in foster care.

i'll bow out of the discussion now. i've said my piece.

I'm twixed. I don't like that I'm twixed but I am. I know that I should say that it is fine and that it doesn't matter that it's two mums or two dads but I just get the feeling that there would be something missing. I don't know anyone that's been brought up by two same sex parents mind you.

One could almost say the same for single parents following divorce or widowing.

These folk should equally have their kids taken off them as they can't be brought up right and are bound to get a slagging at school for only having 1 parent.

They would be better off in the overcrowded care system.

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

You won't get a sensible discussion on here ragarding the gays, I'm afraid.

They should have equal rights as the rest of us in every aspect of life, including adoption.

It's sad that's even still debated in 2013, a very poor reflection of our society.

IMO of course, opinions and all that.

They have equal rights,

They also have the right to have a child the way god intended, they chose to give up that right to "follow their heart"

Having a child is not a right.

i do know at least a few who have been brought up by same-sex parents. and they're fine. absolutely normal (if there is such a thing) people. caring, considerate, intelligent people.. just like some of the people on the forum. i'd rather any child were adopted by parents who want them and can give them a good home than stay in foster care.

well most people would agree with that.

but adoption by hertero vs. adoptions by jays?

what do you think?

Oh definitely! I'd say it's even better than a single parent household which is becoming ever increasing.

I know that the people with two same sex parents would turn out as normal as most but I'm just not sure about childhood. I'm not sure I'd like to be a little boy/girl not having a dad/mum to talk to.

you're right, bullying may be worse. but arguably if you're living in a community where being gay is accepted, it's not likely to be a lot worse for a child because their parents are same-sex. and i'd imagine a child who's been bumped around in foster care would be willing to take their chances in exchange for a permanent home with loving, good parents, same-sex or not.

Yes but there are thousands of male/female couple that are desperate to adopt. You're picking equality over the quality of life the child will receive. Think about the best interests of the child reddy.

One could almost say the same for single parents following divorce or widowing.

True, there's a kid that goes to kindergarten wi my two who is, shall we say, swarthier than the rest. His mom is a white Norwegian, the father has never been seen in the 2 years the kid has gone there.

Parental opinion is split between him being adopted, a fling with repercussions, or the father being "unavoidable detained" for a while.

Fowk gossip, and they would about any kid with two lezzers or poofs for parents.