Scottish Cup Semi (ticket info, travel plans etc)

When they go on sale? Same strategy for selling schedule as for LC final? How much demand will there likely be? Will we need vacinations before we set foot in the place - a bit like when mad cow disease spread around the country and farmers had disinfective baths for cars to drive through?

St Johntsone's support at Tynecastle was what, 4K? Can't see them taking more than 5/6K to this, which means they will likely have lower tier of one stand behind goals, and the rest to us (lower tiers first).

This one will see the pubs packed out I think. Maybe sell 13-15,000.

Maybe that's a bit low, just think the kick off time means folk won't travel.

We have a reasonable support from the central belt though, do we not?

What time would we need to set off from Aberdeen for this? 0800? No different to yesterday in all honesty. The fact was, most folk were hellbent on getting down there as early as possible and getting rat arsed. Thinking of the team however, should we not put their needs before ours for this semi? We can get shitfaced at the final come May :happy:

Anyone else hear the Talking Heads on Original FM yesterday at 9.23 a.m. - "we're on a road to nowhere".

I thought that was a tad insensitive, possibly the work of a hun behind the scenes at the radio station.

We have a reasonable support from the central belt though, do we not?

What time would we need to set off from Aberdeen for this? 0800? No different to yesterday in all honesty. The fact was, most folk were hellbent on getting down there as early as possible and getting rat arsed. Thinking of the team however, should we not put their needs before ours for this semi? We can get shitfaced at the final come May :happy:

im from the central belt area and im going :):flag: coyr

Semi stub could be made to count somehow, perhaps if you've got that and a certain number of other matches on your ticket office database profile this season then you'd be higher up the queue than someone who only bought one league game and a cup final ticket for example. Might encourage folk to book tickets for some of the remaining home matches to reach whatever number they select...

IF we win the semi, IF, then they should sell season tickets for next season that guarantees you 1 ticket for the final.

Current season ticket holders guaranteed one too, then booking history til they run out. Obv. supporters clubs will need an allocation too, but if you think there were a lot who missed the league cup final, there'll will be a lot more who miss the Scottish!!

IF WE MAKE IT THERE. I need to keep saying that ;)

IF we win the semi, IF, then they should sell season tickets for next season that guarantees you 1 ticket for the final.

Current season ticket holders guaranteed one too, then booking history til they run out. Obv. supporters clubs will need an allocation too, but if you think there were a lot who missed the league cup final, there'll will be a lot more who miss the Scottish!!

Exactly not a season ticket holder myself but this would definitely get me to sign up for one again.

I think this premise that Season Ticket holders should get 2 tickets, is wrong. 9000 ST holder buying 2 tickets each, for a final that in all likelihood, we'd only get 25k for, leaves 7k. And in that, you have supporters clubs and then regular home attendees, who perhaps didn't buy a ST.

I think a good way would be to say;

- if you are a current ST holder - then you guarantee your seat (9000 tickets) <note, B&G should get priority booking but one seat only!!!>

- Purchase a ST for next season - guaranteed ticket for the final (+5000 tickets)

- Supporters Clubs/Shareholders (only non-ST holders to stop them taking the piss) (+3000)

- Non ST supporters who have history of 5+ home games and were at either of League Cup Final and/or Semi-Final of SC (8000)

Both season ticket holders, been to every home game, and a fair chunk of away, but neither I, nor the loon, can make the semi.

Tad unfair

I presume cause your loon has a game? Surely to god the club could rearrange all youth fixtures for the day?

Im betting thats what they will do........put the ST's on sale early and guarantee a Cup Final ticket to all existing ST holders and all new STget one ticket each at least

I presume cause your loon has a game? Surely to god the club could rearrange all youth fixtures for the day?

It is, aye. They're due to play Queens Park at Balgownie. I'd like to think it would be fairly straightforward to organise the games for the Saturday. There's plenty of warning. Either that or swap the fixture to Toryglen and kick off early, say 10am, They didn't rearrange the fixtures when we played hibs a couple of years ago unfortunately. I'd hope something could be done this year though.

Reckon they should try and incentivise this by saying anyone who buys a ticket for this, is guaranteed a cup final ticket if we get through.

I'd love this.

Reckon 15k for this one, But reckon the atmosphere will be superb - akin to tynecastle

All top reds, nae shitters :)

got oot the taxi steaming beside my flat, two boys came over and one asked me for a smoke, as I put my hand in my pocket to give him 1 the other's wrapped his bottle of beer round my knapper. I got the boy that done it like, pair of pricks.