Trainers

Dandyesque

Can any of you think of anything more important in life than comfortable footwear? I know I can't.

I love nothing more than to read what other people think about trainers, but there is such a multitude of threads about them on here that I find it hard to keep up. Perhaps the mods could gather all these thoughts into one thread so that those of us who spend 2-3 hours per day thinking about shoes could more easily share their thoughts?

I can't be the only one, surely?

:suicide:

Apologies, I don't have my diary with me today.

Have you ever considered Converse?

As for reasons I've never gathered, a UK13 = US13.

Converse are just lazy cunts and do not make different UK and US sizes, there complete range is the same, not just 13.

On a somewhat more serious note, I picked up some Brooks running shoes a few weeks ago and they've really helped my knee in comparison with standard gym shoes. Not that I particular recommend the brand but certainly getting a gait analysis done at Run4it.

Otherwise, Reebok classics min. Right een ahh scuffed fae fitba. smalt.

Converse are just lazy cunts and do not make different UK and US sizes, there complete range is the same, not just 13.

Thanks E-P-K, thats the point I was making, it was assumed that a man of your intellect would realise that neither a UK13 nor a US13 would be any good for my XIV feet.

On the subject of feet sizes. Why do assistants when.you ask them for a particular trainer in your size (11 thanks for asking) do they sometimes return and say they don't have them in an 11 and would you like to try them in a size 10?

No I would not. A size 10 is too small FFS.

• Upvote 5

On the subject of feet sizes. Why do assistants when.you ask them for a particular trainer in your size (11 thanks for asking) do they sometimes return and say they don't have them in an 11 and would you like to try them in a size 10?

Do you shop at places that run an Equal Opportunities policy?

I used to do my grocery shopping at a supermarket where they introduced an Equal Opportunities policy, and pretty quickly it became a fucking shambles.

I mean, sure, one or two 'special' sorts is fine. It doesn't take much wit to stock a shelf or unload a truck, but when virtually every single member of staff is 'special' it pretty rapidly descends into total fucking chaos.

Place is closed down now, so apparently I wasn't the only one who figured an imbalance in the 'special' ratio of staff members is a bad idea.

Buy your shit somewhere else, mate... save yourself unnecessary headaches.

I get that all the time. Ive tried asking for a smaller size, but I've never been asked if I want to try a bigger size when they don't have that in...

Blurto, this thread is about trainers, of no interest to your well-fed self and your Ilk. When there's a thread on paki sliders, feel free to comment / post photos etc.

I was working in A+E yesterday, covering, and one of the Dr's had on paki sliders. It kept me laughing all day min, I kept saying 'paki sliders' in my head over and over! A truly superb name!!

Chutters though, I'm gonna try the leap of faith with the bird tmora, wish me luck. We ran about 10 miles tonight and my boxers chaffed my groin. She got Vaseline out when we got home and I told her to leave it out for Imorns night and she winked. I'm getting closer, I can taste it ;)

Nice one Poodles - I'll be willing it to happen for you. Nice and gentle until she's happy, then go for gold. She's definitely sounding like she's up for conversion. You are doing your duty for all mankind. Assuming you don't marry her and stay with her for the rest of your lives, then you're doing other future boyfriends a favour too. The very best of luck fae me.

You'd be surprised how many folk have a pair of paki sliders tucked away. Some folk have them since they were acceptable and have no other pair of shoes. I have a mate that turned up to go on a night out with some on. He said he'd been refused somewhere with trainers on previously, though I doubted his story. We never landed up going out that night and just had beers and a bbq in the backie instead. By the end of the night one of his sliders had been chucked on a roof and the other was cremated on the bbq. He went home about 6am in a taxi with nae shoes on - which was an improvement on how he'd got there.

I was working in A+E yesterday, covering, and one of the Dr's had on paki sliders. It kept me laughing all day min, I kept saying 'paki sliders' in my head over and over! A truly superb name!!

Chutters though, I'm gonna try the leap of faith with the bird tmora, wish me luck. We ran about 10 miles tonight and my boxers chaffed my groin. She got Vaseline out when we got home and I told her to leave it out for Imorns night and she winked. I'm getting closer, I can taste it ;)