Hearts V Aberdeen (1 - 3)

Guest RosemountRed

Guest RosemountRed

Can't wait for this one, think it'll be a quality game.

I'd go two up front as they concede quite a lot.

Ward

Logan Quinn Taylor Considine

McGinn Jack Shinnie McLean

Goodwillie Rooney

Let's make it eight out of eight.

Hayes has got to be a doubt, I tell you what there are plently of camera angles showing the tackle but very few that show if it is a good tackle. At that point its word of the ref vs word of the player. Unless Thomson changes his mind then its difficult to see where it will go

I reckon this one will be upheld

Also (and less of an assumption) there will be no problems with Ash!

We could easily end up with

Ward

Logan Quinn Considine Shinnie

Jack Flood

McGinn Mclean Parker

Rooney

Not a lot wrong with it as a team but that could be the team as easily as the others

Guest RosemountRed

Get Shinnie back in the middle for this one. This is our best 11:

Ward

Logan Taylor Quinn Considine

Jack Shinnie

McGinn McLean Hayes

Rooney

Would also be happy with that.

Should we worry about the lack of goals we are scoring?

Hard to argue that we should considering that the only two times we have conceded goals (& gone behind both times) we have come back to win 2-1.

I am still a little concerned all the same. For all our creative play we are still missing a final ball a lot, or that little bit of perfection in the final third.

Hard to argue that we should considering that the only two times we have conceded goals (& gone behind both times) we have come back to win 2-1.

I am still a little concerned all the same. For all our creative play we are still missing a final ball a lot, or that little bit of perfection in the final third.

Miller was scathing about hayes and mcginn crossing this season

Got to be the same team as celtic if Hayes is in. Quinn is a must for the agricultural tactics hearts will employ.

Not sure who is best to fill Hayes position of he's out. I presume Parker was brought on for that reason tonight, to get him into the team for a run out there. The boy has pace but I'm not convinced.

Hearts are ropey at the back, we're the opposite, we should take them.

Guest RosemountRed

Don't think Hearts should give us too many problems but they are a bogey team for us. Strongest team out for this one:

1335637_Aberdeen.jpg

I think it will most likely be that team, with Hayes decision the only doubt.

Miller was scathing about hayes and mcginn crossing this season

To be fair to him he's not wrong (overall) cos we have be pretty damn poor at beating the first man in a good few games.

Yeah we've scored a few from crosses/set pieces but "mostly" our deliveries into the box (both from open play & set pieces) have been pretty poor.

Utd game was a fkn disgrace & the worst I remember in a long time for so many shocking attempts & failures to beat the the first man in crossing.

Another test of our sides mental capabilities. Hearts will be rallied up as yet again we are the team to beat - they have also started the season very strongly - not been terribly convincing for example their win against Dundee and their weaknesses appear to have been exposed in the last few games. Nielsen will deploy fairly thuggish tactics - I can see a few cards and potentially a red card being shown in this one. Ash Taylor, Quinn, Shinnie, Considine and Logan - the whole defence will play a key role and can see them being the difference for us. DM will see this as physically the toughest fixture yet however he also knows we have a squad which no longer gets bullied rather we now bully opponents. After the previous losses to them a few years ago (incredibly unfortunate to lose) DM who continually improves from his mistake will have us well prepared yet again and ready for this trip. I can see us really raising our game and looking to send out another statement of intent to the SPL.

• Upvote 1

Another test of our sides mental capabilities. Hearts will be rallied up as yet again we are the team to beat - they have also started the season very strongly - not been terribly convincing for example their win against Dundee and their weaknesses appear to have been exposed in the last few games. Nielsen will deploy fairly thuggish tactics - I can see a few cards and potentially a red card being shown in this one. Ash Taylor, Quinn, Shinnie, Considine and Logan - the whole defence will play a key role and can see them being the difference for us. DM will see this as physically the toughest fixture yet however he also knows we have a squad which no longer gets bullied rather we now bully opponents. After the previous losses to them a few years ago (incredibly unfortunate to lose) DM who continually improves from his mistake will have us well prepared yet again and ready for this trip. I can see us really raising our game and looking to send out another statement of intent to the SPL.

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments Calgary. A few years ago we were losing games continually because other sides simply outfought us. Derek will not let this happen to us nowadays. I'm pretty sure Quinn was deliberately rested with the Sunday game in mind. I think Hearts are a tough team with no little talent and it'll be a stern test. I'm confident we wont be bullied however and if we play to our capabilities we will take something. It would be great to get the win as we have had a poor run of results at Tynecastle.

COYR!