Films

50 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Aliens, no tits 7.5/10

Master and Commander - Far side of the World - Good swashbuckling adventure 7/10

Tulip Fever - 6/10 Holliday Grainger and Alicia Vikander both have their tits out.

Only a 7? Harsh.

Crateload of plot failures but still not as bad as is being painted in the movie sites. It is at least plot and character driven rather than just a vehicle for CGI dinos, which I didn't expect. 

Pearl

Follow up to the excellent X. Ti West again directs and Mia Goth again stars. Goth is top notch in both movies and while I'm liking West's style, for some reason this just missed the mark for me. By no means is it bad but I don't view it as highly as its online ratings. Goth herself though makes it worth watching. So good.

27 minutes ago, Arabian Knight said:

pearls eh fuckin baws..mia goths a great ectress.. lot o cunts dinna ken thats her pliyin the auld cunt in x tae..trilogy feenishes wi maxxxine next yr

It's a strange one for me AK. Every reason to enthuse about it, primarily Goth's performance and the amount of thought West obviously puts into the telling of the story, the editing, photography and the likes but just something that just never quite got there. Been scratching my head trying to think what exactly but the only thing I can come up with is that I really really like X so maybe it's because I simply liked that one more than this. 

Infinity Pool

Wow. Other than it was a horror movie I hadn't read up on what this was. Safe to say it will be labelled "controversial". Directed by Branden Cronenberg - son of David - and definitely heavily influenced by daddy. Tits and nudity all over it, tit sucking (of Mia Goth, she's been busy) and portrayal of Alexander Skarsgard getting a handjob including finish.  Plenty of violence thrown in to boot.

Thumbs up from critics, less so from the audience. I'm with the critics. Good stuff.

On 4/1/2023 at 8:14 AM, KenDodd'sDad said:

Tetris

Good little film in its own right, gets extra marks for all the scenes shot in Aberdeen and cause the director is a dandy.

Watched it last night....found it every entertaining 👍....Bob Max a fucking stand out🤣🤣....

I was brought up on Gerrard street👍