Pubs To Avoid

Guest milne_afc

Was trying to get into a nightclub with a few mates in Aberdeen a couple weeks ago... one of the bouncers stops one of our group and tells him "Yu canna gin in er weerin trenners", and looking down I noticed that my mate did indeed have a pair of tennis shoes on.

"Are you scared he's going to start running around when he gets inside" I asked the slope-foreheaded goon. "Because if that's your concern I can vouch that he'll keep it down to a walking pace."

"Nae trenners", says the monkey-in-a-suit, obviously not understanding or believing what I told him.

"Nae trenners then nae patronage" I explained to the goon, and turned to walk to a nightclub where there weren't any such speed restrictions on the clientele.

Amazingly a couple of the guys in our group still wanted to go in, despite the fact that some hired special kid with muscles where his brain should be was trying to stop one of our lads from getting in.

Any place that tries to prevent you entering because you happen to be wearing running shoes is so far up its own arse it should be boycotted by any right-minded person.

The rationale I was given was that it was a 'posh' place... bollocks. Unless they had waiters inside serving you off silver plates, and little Indian kids bringing you brandy and cigars then this was most definitely NOT anything like a 'posh place', regardless of what it happened to think of itself. I've been to 'posh' places, and this nighclub was 'posh' like I'm a fucking Pakistani.

• Upvote 1

Agree with both the above, the Regent is run by a total arsehole and Cutters Wharf a fat useless slob.

I avoid alot of bars on Belmont Street due to the amount of poofs and Hollyoaks lookalikes.

I want to smack them.

Is it still Charlie that runs the Cutters? Had many a decent night in there years back but was in recently and it was pish.

Guest milne_afc

Is it still Charlie that runs the Cutters? Had many a decent night in there years back but was in recently and it was pish.

No, Charlie is long gone.

The Fittie Bar is by quite some distance, the best "harbour" bar. There was a dog in there just now, always a good sign.

The juker needs updating though.

Was trying to get into a nightclub with a few mates in Aberdeen a couple weeks ago... one of the bouncers stops one of our group and tells him "Yu canna gin in er weerin trenners", and looking down I noticed that my mate did indeed have a pair of tennis shoes on.

"Are you scared he's going to start running around when he gets inside" I asked the slope-foreheaded goon. "Because if that's your concern I can vouch that he'll keep it down to a walking pace."

"Nae trenners", says the monkey-in-a-suit, obviously not understanding or believing what I told him.

"Nae trenners then nae patronage" I explained to the goon, and turned to walk to a nightclub where there weren't any such speed restrictions on the clientele.

Amazingly a couple of the guys in our group still wanted to go in, despite the fact that some hired special kid with muscles where his brain should be was trying to stop one of our lads from getting in.

Any place that tries to prevent you entering because you happen to be wearing running shoes is so far up its own arse it should be boycotted by any right-minded person.

The rationale I was given was that it was a 'posh' place... bollocks. Unless they had waiters inside serving you off silver plates, and little Indian kids bringing you brandy and cigars then this was most definitely NOT anything like a 'posh place', regardless of what it happened to think of itself. I've been to 'posh' places, and this nighclub was 'posh' like I'm a fucking Pakistani.

Therein lies the bottom line. Wannabes, pretentious cunts... call them what you will, but they are an eternal embarrassment.