2014 Holidays,

daytripping

Anyone got anything booked or planned?

I'm looking to get away a few times his year, first up is a return to Krakow, hopefully a better time will be had on this occasion.

Also have a long weekend in Edinburgh soon.

Main holiday I'm still debating, really fancy going back to New York but nothing booked as yet.

Aberdeen are certs to be in Europe later in the year as well, fingers crossed for a good draw and a nice place to visit.

depending on the type of job and your training etc, stick your CV on oilcareers and sit back and wait for the phone calls, emails and linkedin messages to come in throws.

No holidays booked yet. Meant to be looking at going away in April with a few folk but with the impending wedding next year, money might be pretty tight so may wait for a last minute holiday and/or the dandies later in the year!

Already booked up 4/5 of my annual leave time this year, though flexibility to have more holidays (which I may wish to take for a jolly).

Newcastle stag late February

Long weekend in London in April

Frankfurt stag in May

2 1/2 week US trip taking in Chicago, Boston, Washington and New York in October

Think I may be itching for something in July time, but will need to see on that one.

Reckon a few trips to Europe on the cards for me.

long weekend in Amsterdam, Rome, Auschwitz :cool:

Might try and take in a few Bundesliga games and mince about Germany for a week.

Last time in Krakow I never bothered with the Auschwitz trip, never made it anywhere actually outwith the pubs and clubs, going this time for sure. The place next door Birkenau is meant to be the real eye opener.

Last time in Krakow I never bothered with the Auschwitz trip, never made it anywhere actually outwith the pubs and clubs, going this time for sure. The place next door Birkenau is meant to be the real eye opener.

Aye people give me a funny look when they hear I want to visit a concentration camp, but it's meant to be really good.

Might save a few holidays in the hope the dons get in Europe, or at the very least they go away for pre-season somewhere decent.

Amsterdam and Den Haag - End of Feb

Barcelona - June for Sonar

Chicago - September for a proper 2 week holiday without the serious partying or anything else that is usually involved in the first 2 breaks.

I've just noticed I'm working my way through the alphabet as well, A, B, C and D there.

I'm amused by the daftest things.

Despite being the 16th of January, I've already been on holiday to New York, Vegas, Boston & California this year.

Heading to Texas/Toronto next month.

Going to LA in April.

Stagger in Prague.

Tel Aviv/Istanbul in August.

Also need to find some time for the Dons in Europe next year.

As an aside, don't holiday in Baltimore.

Never understood this planning of multiple holidays in advance, obviously weddings, staggers excepted.

I have nothing booked and would never dream of booking a holiday beyond the next one.

Spontaneity folks. Planning to have fun at pre-determined dates way in the future sounds a bit silly to me.

I don't know what I'll be doing next week let alone this summer.

Never understood this planning of multiple holidays in advance, obviously weddings, staggers excepted.

I have nothing booked and would never dream of booking a holiday beyond the next one.

Spontaneity folks. Planning to have fun at pre-determined dates way in the future sounds a bit silly to me.

I don't know what I'll be doing next week let alone this summer.

Because back here in the real world, people have jobs and the like and have to arrange time off in advance.

Flights and hotels are also (in general) cheaper in advance.

You can be spontaneous when you arrive in the region of the world you wanna go to.