Holiday Thread 2012

zander

Toss up between 3 weeks in April in SE Asia (Singapore, KL, Koh Samui, Phi Phi, Phuket) or 3 weeks in the US of A (St Pete Beach, Florida; LA , Vegas). Been everywhere mentioned a few times except Phi Phi & Phuket so nae too fussed. Can't beat St Pete Beach but Koh Samui runs it ever so close.

Looking for Tips on Berlin ? Heading there in the summer

Away to Center Parcs in Cumbria next week, anyone been there ? Heard it is pretty good for the bairns ?

Surely must be some pretty cheap cruise deals going on offer just now :pirate:

BaxPax Hostel is pretty good and cheap, stayed in the downtown one. Not a massive fan of museums normally but give yourself a lot of time and get a museum pass see a gate of babylon and the bust of nefertiti (near 3500 years old we were still chucking rocks at each other) there is a way smaller thing called the green head which even though it has the nose off it was the daddy for me asymmetric and almost disconcerting unbelievable skill (one chip... ah fuck start again) pargamon alter and that too and rakes of stuff.

Aside from the geek shit the best crack I reckoned was chilling out in kurzberg sort of diverse sorta hippyish area, got the obvious walls and check point charlie and all that too and some mental wee clubs if your into EDM (few words in german are handy though they are less cunty then).

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back last night from a week in Lanzarote, stayed at the Barcelo Lanzarote on the edge of Costa Teguise. Hotel was nice and first time I've done all inclusive, kicked the arse out the free bar most nights, food got a bit samey though. Hired a car for a couple of days and drove around a bit, went to Timanfaya national park, with all the lava rocks and volcanoes etc, that was quite interesting. All in a all, a good week away and considering it cost us

I'm off to St Pete Beach, Florida on April 16th to May 4th :trophy::applause::sheepdance:

Going to Cyprus in June for the birds sisters wedding, beach house for 2 weeks.... sorted.Hopefully Thailand in August too if anyone has any recommendations (not of the shagging kind).

Depends what you are after/who you are going with/how old you are? Koh Samui for me everytime (great with the bird, great without). Chaweng Beach is the place to be. Can chill by the pool or on the beach all day and enjoy the nightlife after dark.

Berlin in 10 days for a long weekend stagger. Should be a good one, might get a wee bit of a tour of Berlin without the marathon legs this time, but can't foresee all that much since half the people going are viewing it as an opportunity for a weekend on the last with no wife/girlfriend. Taking in Hertha Berlin (booo, Union Berlin all the way) v Wolfsburg, which should be good.

Then Portugal at the end of May for a week. Day after the Edinburgh marathon, so my feet are going to look horrific pool-side...

• 2 weeks later...

Wheres good to go and hot end of April?

the world is your oyster mate.

pertty much every country near by has something to offer if you read up on them.

exem luxembourg.

the last trip i was on was in the UK, and it was brilliant.

so dont write off places close to home.

the world is your oyster mate.

pertty much every country near by has something to offer if you read up on them.

exem luxembourg.

the last trip i was on was in the UK, and it was brilliant.

so dont write off places close to home.

Stopped in Luxembourg for a pint one day. Nae much going on!

I quite fancy Nice, but I don't think it'll be that hot.

Maybe a last minute trip to the travel agents and see if they have any amazing deals to the Caribbean or something, failing that Tenerife probably.

Stopped in Luxembourg for a pint one day. Nae much going on!

dynamo come on min.

luxembourg is really nice. the city itself is very pictureesque, historical and lively.

and teh countryside around it is the ardennes. one of the most beautiful regions in western europe.

open yer eyes!

---------------

never been to nice but france is always a good one. amazing food and wine, always help when youre on holiday and tehres nowhere better than that tahn france.

dynamo come on min.

luxembourg is really nice. the city itself is very pictureesque, historical and lively.

and teh countryside around it is the ardennes. one of the most beautiful regions in western europe.

open yer eyes!

---------------

never been to nice but france is always a good one. amazing food and wine, always help when youre on holiday and tehres nowhere better than that tahn france.

Only had an hour there as had a ferry to catch in Rotterdam! Don't even know the name of the town we were in!

Been France 4 times but every time to the Alps. What I like about Nice would be the location. Short trip to Monte Carlo, basically joint with Cannes. I'd happily go but she wants somewhere hot!

Only had an hour there as had a ferry to catch in Rotterdam! Don't even know the name of the town we were in!

Been France 4 times but every time to the Alps. What I like about Nice would be the location. Short trip to Monte Carlo, basically joint with Cannes. I'd happily go but she wants somewhere hot!

south of france will be hot (-ish anyway).

i went to a vineyard in teh south couple of years back. then to teh local gaff for dinner. the food, given it was average, was unbelievable. but thats teh beauty of france, the quality for meals out is so high that even a relaxed dinenr will be memorable.

Got my villa booked, 2 weeks in July in Coral Bay Cyprus. Think I'll be picking up my 4th hat trick ball :laughing:

Really nice place.

Anyone been to Helsinki? Found cheap flights so heading there in May for a long weekend.

Baltic Cruise 1974. It was nice then. ;)

Wheres good to go and hot end of April?

Cyprus is good then.

Booked flights for south east Asia for the summer. Definitely doing KL and Singapore but not sure where else yet. Is Bangkok shit or worth a visit?

Before then got London, Helsinki and Tallinn, French and Belgian battlefields tour and week to be confirmed with mates at beginning of July.

Good times ahead :)

I'd love to go to Thailand.

Was sat across from a totally stunning gorgeous Thai bird on a train back from a match once.

I was thinking to myself all the way home "please don't get a hard on, please don't get a fucking hard on"

But she did.

:hysterical:

I'd love to go to Thailand.

Was sat across from a totally stunning gorgeous Thai bird on a train back from a match once.

I was thinking to myself all the way home "please don't get a hard on, please don't get a fucking hard on"

But she did.

:hysterical:

FFS. :laughing:

You're nae bad crack for an AIDS ravaged junkie I'll give you that.

I was away to Dundee for the weekend just passed with three other couples for a weekend away on the piss which was astonishingly quite a good weekend away.

Ended up in the Reading Rooms in Dundee on Saturday night which could have got very messy with ectoplasms had we not stood out like sore thumbs being the only straight folk in the place. Regulars were convinced we were DS and were all not very keen on sharing substances especially with two of my mates running around like Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street. :dancin:

Still a good visit topped by Bert mentioned above trying to tell me that the Discovery Ship in Dundee is one thousand years old as it cannot be the same age as the Titanic sinking as that was made of metal. :suicide: He doesn't know the ship in the film "Mutiny on the Bounty" either. He's a hun though so stupidity like that is not unexpected.

Will visit Dundee again though.

Booked flights for south east Asia for the summer. Definitely doing KL and Singapore but not sure where else yet. Is Bangkok shit or worth a visit?

Before then got London, Helsinki and Tallinn, French and Belgian battlefields tour and week to be confirmed with mates at beginning of July.

Good times ahead :)

Just been to KL was passing through with work. One tip is if you want to go up the Petronas Towers make sure you're there early, turning up at 2pm is a little late as they only sell a certain amount of tickets each day.