England, Scotland and Wales are in talks with world governing body Fifa over whether players can wear poppies on their shirts to mark Armistice Day.

Absolute rubbish. Poppies are personal choices and has nothing to do with football shirts. If fans want to wear them at the games fair enough.

England, Scotland and Wales are in talks with world governing body Fifa over whether players can wear poppies on their shirts to mark Armistice Day.

Absolute rubbish. Poppies are personal choices and has nothing to do with football shirts. If fans want to wear them at the games fair enough.

Why did they even ask?

THE mouthwatering Wembley showdown will be broadcast on "free"-to-view terrestrial TV – meaning everyone will be able to watch their side do battle against the Auld Enemy.

Only because England’s home games are always on ITV. SFA will probably claim that they made it happen for Scottish football fans.

And sing there's only one Gordon Strachan and he'll get a new deal.

The song book will be even more cringey that we are playing the "auld enemy".

Hopefully there's a good punch up though like the old days. Although can't see the feather cap wearing fuds standing much chance against the chair throwing English lager louts.

Scotland will play a blinder for this match. They will line up in the tunnel with poppies on their black armbands in solidarity with the English players then rip off said armbands before reaching the pitch. The English team will get a points deduction from FIFA for wearing the poppies and end up below Scotland in the group regardless of the result.

Scotland will play a blinder for this match. They will line up in the tunnel with poppies on their black armbands in solidarity with the English players then rip off said armbands before reaching the pitch. The English team will get a points deduction from FIFA for wearing the poppies and end up below Scotland in the group regardless of the result.

Allowing Slovakia to qualify for Russia?

At least they're starting to think out the box a bit when it comes to defenders (by far and away our most glaring weakness).

Stephen Kingsley is exactly the sort of player who should be getting a look-in. Plus he's actually, y'know, Scottish. Helpful.

For what reason should he be getting a look in?

He hardly plays for a shit team which has shipped a ton of goals recently.

Stunning credentials indeed.

Well Graeme Shinnie is twice the player of this Kingsley and plays a leading role in a winning team in his own country.

For his efforts he gets completely overlooked for a Falkirk reject playing for the reserves at one of the worst teams in England.

you're preaching to choir about Shinnie

I disagree about Kingsley, he's not a reject and he has been getting first team games. I've no idea if Swansea are shit or not. I'd have called up Kingsley and Shinnie, leave the hun Wallace at home.

you're preaching to choir about Shinnie

I disagree about Kingsley, he's not a reject and he has been getting first team games. I've no idea if Swansea are shit or not. I'd have called up Kingsley and Shinnie, leave the hun Wallace at home.

Pretty sure one would preach to the converted; not a choir.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1