Zeus

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted Today, 10:34 AM

Work
Gym - finding it considerably harder this year to shift the festive gut, age min.
Work

Playlist on Deezer - The Killers, Hot Fuss

#19353 ONLINE   Bluto10

Bluto10

PROUD DON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,775 posts
  • Joined 25-January 11

Posted Today, 10:38 AM

WFH
might squeeze in a jar or two at lunch

You don't give a man like Bluto a drink in those piddly little glasses. Give him the bloody bottle.

#19354 ONLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 23,138 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted Today, 10:39 AM

banksy tweeted this today. It reminded me of our fallen bretheren...

33z4ob9.png

Lol at you thinking that the Banksy account is actually him, some weirdo pretending to be the guy that makes people think.

As for Banksy he's a boring fraud, "oh look at this obvious thing that makes you stop for a second and think", no ta pal.

A sad sad post-teen

#19355 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 22,373 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted Today, 11:01 AM

Lol at you thinking that the Banksy account is actually him, some weirdo pretending to be the guy that makes people think.

As for Banksy he's a boring fraud, "oh look at this obvious thing that makes you stop for a second and think", no ta pal.

LOL

#19356 OFFLINE   rocket_scientist

rocket_scientist

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,735 posts
  • Joined 22-December 08

Posted Today, 11:28 AM

Jeez what you got against thinking?

Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

#19357 ONLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 23,138 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted Today, 11:51 AM

Jeez what you got against thinking?

Nothing, it's good to think but we don't need someone pretending to be another person in order to point out obvious shit that he does.

A sad sad post-teen

#19358 OFFLINE   rocket_scientist

rocket_scientist

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,735 posts
  • Joined 22-December 08

Posted Today, 12:07 PM

Nothing, it's good to think but we don't need someone pretending to be another person in order to point out obvious shit that he does.

1. How do you know that that twitter account is NOT banksy?

Personally I don't give a fuck if it is or it isn't although it's a pretty good "fraud" with 2.3 million followers.

2. What is the "obvious shit" that banksy - real or otherwise - points out?

I don't know if your objective was to poke fun at another's expense by laffing at me but I did note that you completely ignored the content of that tweet. Did you like it?

If your objective was to "lol" at me - actually, of course it was, how silly of me, it was your opening words - then you obviously have knowledge that that is not "the real" banksy. By nature and in his work over many years, he has been elusive. I personally love his work and share his politics. I also think that that twitter account produces nothing but quality. In fact, in the 3 or 4 years I've been following it - the only account I follow - I have not seen one single message that I haven't either agreed with or learned from and been inspired by.

You have obviously researched this man and this twitter account to be so forceful and confident in your views. I look forward to you enlightening me and telling me why I was so wrong.

The book I got about his life's work last year, I got from Salts Mill, near Bradford. As a young man with a love of thinking, I can recommend it to you. It's a fascinating building and history and it houses the biggest collection of Hockney's in the world, including some of his iconic pieces.

#19359 ONLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 23,138 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted Today, 12:22 PM

1. How do you know that that twitter account is NOT banksy?

Personally I don't give a fuck if it is or it isn't although it's a pretty good "fraud" with 2.3 million followers.

2. What is the "obvious shit" that banksy - real or otherwise - points out?

I don't know if your objective was to poke fun at another's expense by laffing at me but I did note that you completely ignored the content of that tweet. Did you like it?

If your objective was to "lol" at me - actually, of course it was, how silly of me, it was your opening words - then you obviously have knowledge that that is not "the real" banksy. By nature and in his work over many years, he has been elusive. I personally love his work and share his politics. I also think that that twitter account produces nothing but quality. In fact, in the 3 or 4 years I've been following it - the only account I follow - I have not seen one single message that I haven't either agreed with or learned from and been inspired by.

You have obviously researched this man and this twitter account to be so forceful and confident in your views. I look forward to you enlightening me and telling me why I was so wrong.

The book I got about his life's work last year, I got from Salts Mill, near Bradford. As a young man with a love of thinking, I can recommend it to you. It's a fascinating building and history and it houses the biggest collection of Hockney's in the world, including some of his iconic pieces.

I wasn't laughing at you, just more that some people think that he actually runs the account, there's plenty online to suggest he has nothing to do with it, it's not hard to set up an account name it after a famous/relevant person and post pics from online.

To answer part 2 I've just had a quick scan through some of his posts, most aren't Banksys work, they are that of other people that have already made the point and gathered 1000s of retweets and interactions, Banksys actual work is well done but who really gives a fuck about a kid standing with a balloon, I don't, what I do like though is the work of Joan Cornellà now that stuff makes me think and laugh alot.

A sad sad post-teen

#19360 OFFLINE   rocket_scientist

rocket_scientist

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,735 posts
  • Joined 22-December 08

Posted Today, 12:34 PM

I wasn't laughing at you, just more that some people think that he actually runs the account, there's plenty online to suggest he has nothing to do with it, it's not hard to set up an account name it after a famous/relevant person and post pics from online.

To answer part 2 I've just had a quick scan through some of his posts, most aren't Banksys work, they are that of other people that have already made the point and gathered 1000s of retweets and interactions, Banksys actual work is well done but who really gives a fuck about a kid standing with a balloon, I don't, what I do like though is the work of Joan Cornellà now that stuff makes me think and laugh alot.

You assumed that I thought it was the real banksy. I just said that banksy posted it. I don't care if it is or not and given his elusive nature over decades, I don't think it's material whether it is or not. In fact, not knowing is the whole point of banksy. He is not an ego. His is a body of work and I can assure you that the content of that twitter account fits beautifully with the views, outlooks and politics of a mind like banksy, as evidenced by his work.

A kid standing with a ballon not only suggests but proves that you do not understand his work, which is fine. That is also the point. He doesn't communicate with the masses despite the form of his work, recently including a theme park (Dismaland) and a hotel (Walled Off Astoria). He connects only with those who share his views. His authenticity, background and personality is not his point. It is the culture obsessed with celebrity that he challenges.

#19361 OFFLINE   Arabian Knight

Arabian Knight

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 30-May 17

Posted Today, 12:44 PM

Meh auld graffittis still oan display scattered aboot Arbroath n montrose. Loads eh different drawins, yist tae nick the spray cans oot halfirds. N the auld classic Big letters oan the wa ootside the auld baths "MR KIPLING FILLS EZ TARTS WI CREAM"

#19362 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 22,373 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted Today, 01:02 PM

Meh auld graffittis still oan display scattered aboot Arbroath n montrose. Loads eh different drawins, yist tae nick the spray cans oot halfirds. N the auld classic Big letters oan the wa ootside the auld baths "MR KIPLING FILLS EZ TARTS WI CREAM"

How auld is it? I used to work in Arbroath as an apprentice?

Olympia squash courts being the haunt of choise as yu could get pished while under age and perv on the women playing at the same time. Flats now I believe.

#19363 OFFLINE   Arabian Knight

Arabian Knight

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Joined 30-May 17

Posted Today, 01:14 PM

It wis done in 1992. Picture eh Mr kipling emptying eez sack next tae it

#19364 ONLINE   Bad_Mobby

Bad_Mobby

Midfielder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted Today, 02:12 PM

^ @rumpus admitted to admiring my graffiti in the Vic from years ago

Cheers @rumpus

Most of my graffiti dissapeared when the Bells bogs and Alford Academy were demolished.

TPFKATGLA 

#19365 OFFLINE   ByenEBergen

ByenEBergen

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • Joined 26-January 11

Posted Today, 02:44 PM

^Creating graffiti that a gay man with a penchant for Indians admires.

Quite an achievement mobby, one to tell the grandkids :thumbup1: .

Byen e' Bergen, laget e' Brann

#19366 ONLINE   Bad_Mobby

Bad_Mobby

Midfielder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted Today, 03:20 PM

^Creating graffiti that a gay man with a penchant for Indians admires.

Quite an achievement mobby, one to tell the grandkids :thumbup1: .

Well, it was in Aberdeens número one gay bar.

TPFKATGLA 

#19367 OFFLINE   Poodler

Poodler

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted Today, 06:05 PM

^ @rumpus admitted to admiring my graffiti in the Vic from years ago

Cheers @rumpus

Most of my graffiti dissapeared when the Bells bogs and Alford Academy were demolished.

Bells bar toilets mustve been hell for Huns. Wall to wall abuse

#19368 ONLINE   Bluto10

Bluto10

PROUD DON!

• Members
  • 26,775 posts
  • Joined 25-January 11

Posted Today, 07:48 PM

Beers and my CD collection.

don't know where to start, not used them in years

You don't give a man like Bluto a drink in those piddly little glasses. Give him the bloody bottle.

#19369 ONLINE   Bad_Mobby

Bad_Mobby

Midfielder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted Today, 08:02 PM

Bells bar toilets mustve been hell for Huns. Wall to wall abuse

Thanx

TPFKATGLA 

7 user(s) are browsing this forum