New Stadium Approved

11 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Some dude on FB claiming the council are going to fund 60% of this . When i questioned him he wouldn't reveal his source , make of it what you will

If that's true then we should be all over it. As others have said...what's happened with covid has certainly put back starting Kingsford probably by 5 years anyway so there's plenty time to see if this really is a feasible option. 60% would obv make the council majority owners. I would hope they haven't got designs on trying to charge us an annual rent......if that is their idea then I'd rather we insisted on us funding 50% so we would be equal owners.

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Sounds like the wifie jumped the gun and shot her mouth off when it would have been better if things were discussed quietly behind the scenes first to manage expectations. 

Aye that's my take on things too. 

On 1/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, muttonhumper said:

Also that retarded argument that just because the board say so, then that's it.

Any argument against what they say is invalid.

Even though they've been wrong every single time on this issue in the past.

For anyone to believe they can make more money in a brand new stadium in the sticks versus a brand new stadium in town, 10 mins walk from the centre is nuts.
Pretty sure the board know that as well, despite you arguing on their behalf without knowing their actual thoughts on the above.

If the “current board” don’t seriously look at this option then they are no better than the clowns who preceded them 

23 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

You are wanting to have a go new board members for the actions of old board members? Should we have a go at the current players for results before they were here as well? 

As has been seen with the funding for Cormack park and the Gallagher and Hernandez signings, Cormack and his mates at Atlanta are running the show here now, nobody else. They haven’t presided over fuck up after fuck up.

I’ve never said the club won’t make money with a new stadium in town - I said they will have wasted a lot of money to change their plans at this stage, unless the council are going to compensate / help fund the project. They’ve never provided any help thus far, I doubt they will now. 

Bit of a contradiction there 

42 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If that's true then we should be all over it. As others have said...what's happened with covid has certainly put back starting Kingsford probably by 5 years anyway so there's plenty time to see if this really is a feasible option. 60% would obv make the council majority owners. I would hope they haven't got designs on trying to charge us an annual rent......if that is their idea then I'd rather we insisted on us funding 50% so we would be equal owners.

Aye that's my take on things too. 

This is what the guy posted

Okay proposed deal is along this lines , will probably change but proposal is 17k complex with retractable roof that can do multi sports , capacity can go up with Rail seats , project cost 70/80m built and open by 2025, funding is council 60% AFC 40%
, Aberdeen to cover cost to maintain , so around 30m less 10m from sale of Pittodrie...

Taking it with a huge pinch of salt , especially the retractable roof bit . Just hope there's some truth to this
2 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Okay proposed deal is along this lines , will probably change but proposal is 17k complex with retractable roof that can do multi sports , capacity can go up with Rail seats , project cost 70/80m built and open by 2025, funding is council 60% AFC 40%
, Aberdeen to cover cost to maintain , so around 30m less 10m from sale of Pittodrie...

Taking it with a huge pinch of salt , especially the retractable roof bit . Just hope there's some truth to this

Would love that to be true but sounds like pie in the sky tbh

The fact remains that there is no appetite to move to Kingsford with that poll showing 6 times as many people would prefer the beach site (despite obvious concerns re the plausability of that) and 3 times as many people would prefer a revamped Pittodrie. 

Now the AWPR is up and running the folly of having it out there is clear to anyone who uses that road. Horrific tailbacks at that junction, not enough parking (a fleet of shuttle buses idea is just bonkers), and fuck all round about. 

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Building the stadium at the beach opens up other revenue streams.

We could include 2 or 3 shops on the boulevard site which could be open 7 days a week as cafes,takeaways,restaurants ,sports goods etc.

Even a pub which is sadly lacking down there.

Yep lots of possibilities , think would be a great site and we could do want we want with Kingsford too for another revenue stream 

Just now, redstrummer said:

Yep lots of possibilities , think would be a great site and we could do want we want with Kingsford too for another revenue stream 

Incinerator, slaughter hoose or a turd processing factory like the one at Nigg. Give the wanks something to really complain about 

4 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

The fact remains that there is no appetite to move to Kingsford with that poll showing 6 times as many people would prefer the beach site (despite obvious concerns re the plausability of that) and 3 times as many people would prefer a revamped Pittodrie. 

Now the AWPR is up and running the folly of having it out there is clear to anyone who uses that road. Horrific tailbacks at that junction, not enough parking (a fleet of shuttle buses idea is just bonkers), and fuck all round about. 

The tailbacks aren't horrendous at all. If anything it's far better now the lights gave been installed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
6 hours ago, redstrummer said:

If the council are heavily involved - just expect them to fuck it up somehow.

Plus - the mention of ‘multisport’ gives me the fear of a permanent running track around the pitch...

totally agree Ernie, I'd rather stay in the city centre but the council have know all this for years and not helped in any way so lets just crack on with Kingsford

As for the old ACC forget that its right next to where i live and what excuse will i have to leave for the bowling club at 12:00 if its next door!!! 

• Dildo 1