Where Are They Now

Suppose McKimmie was also about at that time.

Also might have been about that period we played 3 at the back for a while? (Or did I imagine that?)

Aye McKimmie was still there. Stephen Wright was just breaking into the first team squad.

Back four was usually McKimmie, Irvine, Mcleish and Robertson. Miller was still listed as a first team player but was trying to get back from serious injury, which he couldn't ultimately manage.

That's how I remember the period anyway but time can play tricks and merge periods together.

Aye McKimmie was still there. Stephen Wright was just breaking into the first team squad.

Back four was usually McKimmie, Irvine, Mcleish and Robertson. Miller was still listed as a first team player but was trying to get back from serious injury, which he couldn't ultimately manage.

That's how I remember the period anyway but time can play tricks and merge periods together.

You remember correctly if I'm remembering correctly.

Robertshun fucked off to chase the devils coin. Wright came in, McKimmie shifted to LB. Roger could also play there. Winnie and Smith too.

Sorry I meant the international side. Think McKimmie was still getting picked for Scotland and we might even have played a back 3 in some games - as possible reasons Robertson didn't get more caps.

Be honest

How dour and uninspiring was he for that hour

It depends on your outlook... Personally I liked that he turned up in a suit, don't think anyone has done that before. You could tell there was more he could say. It was a different type of interview and to be honest I enjoyed hearing his measured responses compared to some of the weegie jakeballs who have been on before.

• Upvote 1

Si Ferry has definitely come on leaps and bounds as an interviewer. Able to adapt to the interviewee fairly easily. He's all jack the lad at the start of that interview until he releases he isn't going to get that type of chat from Ando.

Enjoyed that interview.

He's a good interviewer... he keeps his input to a minimum and seems to be good at prompting his guests, keeping them speaking, rather than himself.

Si Ferry has definitely come on leaps and bounds as an interviewer. Able to adapt to the interviewee fairly easily. He's all jack the lad at the start of that interview until he releases he isn't going to get that type of chat from Ando.

Enjoyed that interview.

Yeah I noticed that too, thought he came across pretty respectful.

Think it was Hegarty in a reserve game

Yeah I don't think he was moved to CB as much as Ebbe moved him from CB to RB. From memory I think he played almost exclusively at CB with Hegarty/Cooper in reserves/youth until Ebbe put him to RB in the first team. I followed reserves a bit around that time due to having a couple of pals on the books; one of whom played at RB.

I enjoyed that. Anderson comes across as down to earth and normal.

"Unispiring" cause he isn't a weegie mouth piece.

Correct. Just a normal guy who doesn't feel the need to crowbar in some shite "patter" into every conversation. Something a classless weegie will never understand.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I don't think he was moved to CB as much as Ebbe moved him from CB to RB. From memory I think he played almost exclusively at CB with Hegarty/Cooper in reserves/youth until Ebbe put him to RB in the first team. I followed reserves a bit around that time due to having a couple of pals on the books; one of whom played at RB.

He said he actually played centre mid and Cooper moved him to centre half in a reserve game.