Aberdeen Headlines

List the time-honoured corny headlines journalists traditionally use for our results, both positive and negative.

(Think most of these originate from the Sunday Mail when I was a boy)

Positive

Red Alert
Red Don (Dawn)
Red Mist
Red Terrors
Red Devils

Negative

Dismal Dons Do It Again.

Don for (?)

Can you think of more?

• Downvote 3

'Wee Dons Go Nap' was the first thing that into my head. Think it must have been a sidebar or something on the first Green Final I ever bought reporting on a reserve game. Did they retire the wee cartoon guy off of the front page when Green Final stopped getting printed or did he end up in the EE or something?

Used to mind going into the only newsagent in town that stayed open that late on a Saturday for the Bluebird bus to come in with the paper on it and they'd be a massive queue of people waiting patiently to get their Green Final. Internet has ruined loads of things but queuing for a tiny newspaper on a Saturday night probably isn't one of them.

'Wee Dons Go Nap' was the first thing that into my head. Think it must have been a sidebar or something on the first Green Final I ever bought reporting on a reserve game. Did they retire the wee cartoon guy off of the front page when Green Final stopped getting printed or did he end up in the EE or something?

Used to mind going into the only newsagent in town that stayed open that late on a Saturday for the Bluebird bus to come in with the paper on it and they'd be a massive queue of people waiting patiently to get their Green Final.

The Green Final was brilliant in the pre Internet days. I remember all waiting at the train station in the village we grew up in for the guy who picked up the Green Finals in town and delivered them out to the village in his car. Was about 7pm before he got there with them but that seemed super fast to get your hands on a printed results paper.