Number Plates

RTYD

Getting back to numberplates, Lee Miller surely has the worst plate in the world. L33 MRL. I thought it was a mis-print in the EE when they were reporting his speeding offence but then I spotted him in Asda (buying a MacDonalds) and the car he got into did indeed have that numberplate.

It is pretty poor, has he been banned yet?

Court case is in Feb sometime.

He should get celebrity lawyer Mr Loophole on the case , He seems to get every celebrity speeding charge dropped.

He recently got Monty off of a charge cos he said he was bursting for a shyte so he had to speed to get to the nearest bog.

He recently got Monty off of a charge cos he said he was bursting for a shyte so he had to speed to get to the nearest bog.

I tried that, the copper said if I was that desperate I would have pulled over and done it in the bushes at the side of the road.

I don't believe that for a minute.

sorry , That was not Monty , It was Fergie.

He first hit the headlines in 1999 when he successfully defended Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who was accused of driving down the hard shoulder of a motorway to fast.The loophole? Sir Alex was simply looking for a toilet because he had a stomach upset.

He also got Ronnie O Sullivan off with a drink driving ban as he had refused to give a urine sample.

The reason , Ronnie was to deprerssed to give one.

Guest LondonScottish
I think the best number plates are the ones that say M3 or M5 etc but only on that cars. Too many people have X5's with M3 numbers or RangeRovers with X5s. Also sumdy in Turriff has a 320d with M6 wheels, a M badge and a M5 number plate... WHY? :laughing:

Nothing like being original then, and you're not going to drive an M3 or M5 for the rest of your life.

Because they're from Turriff???

Nothing like being original then, and you're not going to drive an M3 or M5 for the rest of your life.

Because they're from Turriff???

I think it looks stupid, my dad has an M3 number, but at least thats on an M3, I think its stupid having it not on the car I mean I wouldn't stick an M3 plate on my polo.

Have u still got ur plate LS?

Guest LondonScottish
I think it looks stupid, my dad has an M3 number, but at least thats on an M3, I think its stupid having it not on the car I mean I wouldn't stick an M3 plate on my polo.

Have u still got ur plate LS?

Yes, keep that one forever; won't be getting rid unless I get a six figure offer.

Guest LondonScottish
I'll give u 6quid. :laughing:

It that seriously how much its worth?

Its only worth what someones prepared to pay for it, but I won't let it go for under

Yes, keep that one forever; won't be getting rid unless I get a six figure offer.

Have you owned it for while ?

And have you had it valued recently ?

I guy i know bought RSM 1 and RSM 2 many years ago and straight away contacted R S McColl's HQ to let them know he may be selling them.

They have over the years offered double , Treble and quadruple the amount he payed for them , But he is holding on for a ten fold profit.

Guest LondonScottish
I take it you didn't pay 100k for it. And f**k having a plate worth more than my car. Actually mine probably is :laughing:

I paid virtually nothing. It must have slipped through the DVLA net, as most plates that could mean something are withdrawn and sold at auction.

City of Edinburgh to Turriff

Distance: 159.18 miles, about 4 hours 16 mins

So you averaged 80 mph over 2 hours and 160 miles and through Aberdeen?

:hysterical: Even if you do mean from the North side of the city limits or the forth road bridge, under two hours is quite simply :lolrangers:

It's not particularly something to be proud of but I left my girlfriends about half past 5 on a Sunday evening and stopped at Burger King at South Queensferry. Just as I was leaving I sent her a message which is how I know the exact time. 5.58pm

I was in a pretty good mood and the road's were really quiet so was motoring along at quite some pace. The main reason I made such good time was this gold Civic which was on the road who was trying to have a race. I was pretty much driving with it all the way from Dunfermline to Forfar. I got to Aberdeen about 7.20 and realised there was a chance of sub 2 hours. I had to stop for petrol at the BP in Dyce which cost about 3 minutes but I pulled up in my drive at 7.56pm.

So for clarification it was from South Queensferry to Birkenhills (3 miles south of Turriff) whatever that is.

It would have been impossible in my Fiesta as it struggled to reach 90mph. This was with my Rover 214.

I have a much faster car now but never been driving at a quiet enough time and I only speed when it's safe.

I am the big man

I have a much faster car now but never been driving at a quiet enough time and I only speed when it's safe.

I am the big man

Road saftey campainers would not like than Mr Forbes.

Especially with the amount of motor related deaths in the Turiff area over the recent years,