AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
- - - - -

Eu Referendum

• Please log in to reply
5857 replies to this topic

#5851 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:33 AM

I came up with a good solution to the Irish border question.  

Don't built any check points or fences.

Just plant lots of land mines and not let on.

"When you're the only sane person, you look like the only insane person." 

- Criss Jami, "Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality"

#5852 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,433 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:34 AM

straight-uita-liz-soiam-belfast-mafia-g-

#5853 OFFLINE   Jocky Balboa

Jocky Balboa

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts
  • Joined 23-March 08

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

Haha. You know what I mean. There will be plenty grumbling that’s for sure but I doubt it’d be anything like the glory days of constant explosions and murders.

There's already been trouble here, especially in divided parts of NI like Derry-Londonderry, though the wider communities have wholeheartedly condemned it. It's tricky when you consider the "border" crosses not only the 9 county Ulster province, but villages and farms. The invisibility was crucial to ending conflict.

My gut feeling is that it won't go back to the past on a scale like we saw from 1969-98, but such is the fragility of the peace - and continuing mistrust and inbuilt bigotry - that it wouldn't take much to start it all up again on some level.

This just highlights again how inept the Britiah Empire has been at partitioning countries they no longer have a grip on. Ireland, India, Palestine... what a legacy.

"In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

“A lie can make it half way around the world before the truth has time to put its boots on” - Mark Twain

#5854 OFFLINE   craegDAMH

craegDAMH

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Joined 02-February 16

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

I will be very surprised if the Court rules against the Govt, but you never know.

(1) It would leave us in a situation where every future Govt act or appointment is subject to legal challenges.  (2) Remainers have already wrecked the precendents / traditions on which Westminster operates.

The democrats started this nonsense in the US, now their politics is a circus where (3) they try to impeach every new president, (4) try to drag all govt members through the courts, (5) accuse every supreme court nominee of heinous crimes etc.  The result is the (5) Govt can barely function and often goes into complete shut down.

The (6) infantile left cant accept losing and will go to any lengths to "get its way".  (7) Of course they prefer arguing in courtrooms than in parliaments.

(1) No it wouldn't, it would set a precedent that governments couldn't shut down parliament to avoid scrutiny. I think that would be a good precedent to set.

(2) What have they wrecked? Wesminster has been exposed as woefully unfit for purpose, we need a proper constitution

(3) When was the last time "the Democrats" tried to impeach the President? Hint: never

(4) No they don't. there was a special counsel investigation into the alleged collusion with Russian officials in the 2016 election. Multiple people are now in prison because crimes were committed. Mueller's judgement was that the report found unlawful activity by Trump but it was beyond his jurisdiction to do anything leaving it to the House of Reps. There hasn't been a President so worthy of impeachment since Nixon and still "the Democrats" aren't pushing for impeachment

(5) No, just the last one, because there's lots of evidence he sexually assaulted people and the FBI failed to investigate

(6) Who are these leftists that can't accept defeat? The Democrats in the US are about as left as the Tories and the appeals being heard in the supreme court are related to judgments in cases involving Gina Miller (a fund manager) and Joanna Cherry QC (a bigoted SNP centrist)

(7) They are going to court to try and open parliament....... you know..... to debate stuff

A stream of unsubstantiated bollocks from you as usual.

#5855 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:44 PM

(1) No it wouldn't, it would set a precedent that governments couldn't shut down parliament to avoid scrutiny. I think that would be a good precedent to set.

Yes, it would.

It is the PMs prerogative to prorogue parliament.  Boris has ample justifiable reasons to do so currently: (i) new PM (ii) wishing a queens speech to set out a new agenda, (iii) following an unusually long period of unbroken parliamentary time.

Prorogations are normal events in Parliament.

(2) What have they wrecked? Wesminster has been exposed as woefully unfit for purpose, we need a proper constitution

Rabid Remainer Speaker Bercow has broken all kinds of precedent to give anti-democrat Remainers every advantage to prevent Brexit.
Even the Guardian newpsaper has criticised him for it (for ignoring his own officials advice, in that case)

Remainers have damanged a well functioning, long standing precedent-based constitution.

They are currently trying to further damage our politics by establishing that it is courts, and not the PM, who decides when to prorogue parliament.

Westminster isnt "unfit for purpose", it is anti-democratic remainer MPs who are unfit.

(3) When was the last time "the Democrats" tried to impeach the President? Hint: never

That's not actually what I said. I said the democrats (US left) started the habit of taking everything to courts.

Nevertheless, I believe almost every US president in my lifetime has faced calls of impeachment - Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton. I do not know if Regain or Bush Snr did.

Both US parties do it as a matter of routine now, shouting impeachment in the hope it sticks.

(4) No they don't. there was a special counsel investigation into the alleged collusion with Russian officials in the 2016 election. Multiple people are now in prison because crimes were committed. Mueller's judgement was that the report found unlawful activity by Trump but it was beyond his jurisdiction to do anything leaving it to the House of Reps. There hasn't been a President so worthy of impeachment since Nixon and still "the Democrats" aren't pushing for impeachment

Here you are still labouring under your misunderstanding in (3) above.

(5) No, just the last one, because there's lots of evidence he sexually assaulted people and the FBI failed to investigate

There was no evidence whatsoever, it was all lies because they couldn't accept someone other than themselves choosing Justices.

Previously, Justice Clarence Thomas was also suddenly accused of sex crimes following his nomination to supreme court by a Republican president.

The Kavanagh circus was just a rehash of failed slander. Oh look, it failed again. It was beyond parody at times, such as the woman who was "terrified of flying" then flew to attend the fucking show trial. FFS.

They are not looking to prove anything with these false allegations, only damage someones reputation and de-rail the nomination.

(6) Who are these leftists that can't accept defeat? The Democrats in the US are about as left as the Tories and the appeals being heard in the supreme court are related to judgments in cases involving Gina Miller (a fund manager) and Joanna Cherry QC (a bigoted SNP centrist)

Remainers. Interestingly you seem more exercised by my secondary attacks on US Democrats than UK Remainers.

(7) They are going to court to try and open parliament....... you know..... to debate stuff

No, its a further attack on the normal functioning of our parliament, so that they can use the time to thwart a referendum result.

A stream of unsubstantiated bollocks from you as usual.

I trust you are more satisfied. The helpful numbering in the quotations was the only worthwhile part of yours.

Edited by Clydeside_Sheep, 18 September 2019 - 12:46 PM.

"When you're the only sane person, you look like the only insane person." 

- Criss Jami, "Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality"

#5856 ONLINE   Redforever86

Redforever86

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts
  • Joined 14-January 14

Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:42 PM

Yes, it would.

It is the PMs prerogative to prorogue parliament. Boris has ample justifiable reasons to do so currently: (i) new PM (ii) wishing a queens speech to set out a new agenda, (iii) following an unusually long period of unbroken parliamentary time.

Prorogations are normal events in Parliament.

Rabid Remainer Speaker Bercow has broken all kinds of precedent to give anti-democrat Remainers every advantage to prevent Brexit.
Even the Guardian newpsaper has criticised him for it (for ignoring his own officials advice, in that case)

Remainers have damanged a well functioning, long standing precedent-based constitution.

They are currently trying to further damage our politics by establishing that it is courts, and not the PM, who decides when to prorogue parliament.

Westminster isnt "unfit for purpose", it is anti-democratic remainer MPs who are unfit.

That's not actually what I said. I said the democrats (US left) started the habit of taking everything to courts.

Nevertheless, I believe almost every US president in my lifetime has faced calls of impeachment - Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton. I do not know if Regain or Bush Snr did.

Both US parties do it as a matter of routine now, shouting impeachment in the hope it sticks.

Here you are still labouring under your misunderstanding in (3) above.

There was no evidence whatsoever, it was all lies because they couldn't accept someone other than themselves choosing Justices.

Previously, Justice Clarence Thomas was also suddenly accused of sex crimes following his nomination to supreme court by a Republican president.

The Kavanagh circus was just a rehash of failed slander. Oh look, it failed again. It was beyond parody at times, such as the woman who was "terrified of flying" then flew to attend the fucking show trial. FFS.

They are not looking to prove anything with these false allegations, only damage someones reputation and de-rail the nomination.

Remainers. Interestingly you seem more exercised by my secondary attacks on US Democrats than UK Remainers.

No, its a further attack on the normal functioning of our parliament, so that they can use the time to thwart a referendum result.

I trust you are more satisfied. The helpful numbering in the quotations was the only worthwhile part of yours.

No one is reading this. You just got yir arse handed to yi hahaha

#5857 OFFLINE   Sooper-hanz

Sooper-hanz

Great as etc.., etc..,

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,506 posts
  • Joined 12-November 15

Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:42 PM

The Irish just love a fucking fight. 

limericks etc..,

#5858 OFFLINE   fatjim

fatjim

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:40 AM

I came up with a good solution to the Irish border question.  

Don't built any check points or fences.

Just plant lots of land mines and not let on.

And you say the left are infantile.

3 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users