Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

1. Because this looks way less faff than setting up a tent, 2. comfier 3. and gives more flexibility as to where we stay. 

1. Tents really aren't hard to put up unless you are a moron. It does take out the hassle of finding a site however. 

2. Maybe slightly, depends on the tent. 

3. It doesn't, you need to find somewhere quiet you can park your car, where you can climb down from your tent in the night to take a piss. Normal tent, put it on your back and go wherever you want, up a hill, on a site, on the beach, anywhere. Car tents were designed to avoid bears, they might give you a slightly better view the odd time but I don't see the appeal. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

1. Tents really aren't hard to put up unless you are a moron. It does take out the hassle of finding a site however. 

3. It doesn't, you need to find somewhere quiet you can park your car, where you can climb down from your tent in the night to take a piss. Normal tent, put it on your back and go wherever you want, up a hill, on a site, on the beach, anywhere. Car tents were designed to avoid bears, they might give you a slightly better view the odd time but I don't see the appeal. 

1)  He's a moron.

2)  He's a moron.

3)  He's a moron.

Nuff said.

13 minutes ago, Poodler said:

They’re all the rage here. Heavier for the car = killing the planet with more emissions 

They’re a pretty sensible idea there though. Keeps you safe from bears, tigers, snakes, Australians, spiders, etc… in Scotland? Terrible idea, he should go for it.

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

Thanks for your feedback. I never said tents were hard to put up but they're definitely slower to erect than this, especially in a the wind. 

The tentbox is also going to be easier to sell to the bird, who I don't think has been camping in her life. 

34 minutes ago, dave_min said:

They’re a pretty sensible idea there though. Keeps you safe from bears, tigers, snakes, Australians, spiders, etc… in Scotland? Terrible idea, he should go for it.

That's not very nice. I'm saddened by your lack of kindness. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Thanks for your feedback. I never said tents were hard to put up but they're definitely slower to erect than this, especially in a the wind. 

The tentbox is also going to be easier to sell to the bird, who I don't think has been camping in her life. 

That's not very nice. I'm saddened by your lack of kindness. 

If it’s windy I’d rather be closer to the ground and less exposed. Fuck climbing up and down a ladder to take a piss in the dark. 

Best of luck with it anyway. 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Been looking at the Tentbox things. Anyone got one? Was thinking of investing in the "lite" version. 

Seems a good bit of kit but it'd be good to know how it copes with the Scottish climate (wind/rain). 

Coincidentally we drove by one the other day which led me to reading about them ( never heard of them before).

Looks a great idea in principle but the reality…?