Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

As I suspected for a while, the hideous feminism of the First Minister has clouded her judgement with nepotism. Stabbing her former mentor in the back doesn't reflect well on anyone.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/01/why-leslie-evans-must-resign/#respond

I wouldn't be surprised if this eventually brings her "leadership" down, but after her essay on war criminal Hillary Clinton (called "I'm with her", if anyone hasn't read it) before the last US election, which would have been cringe worthy for a teenage schoolgirl, never mind a head of state, I can't say I didn't see it coming.

No offence to my fellow independence supporters, but I called it some time ago and stand by it, she's a liability to the chance of success and is more interested in playing token gender and race cards, promoting people on positive discrimination (an oxymoron if ever there was one) while costing up to war criminals, paedophiles (Peter Tatchell and his ilk are not just faeces frollickers, they are pederasts) and other nonsense like "transgender issues".

It's time the independence supporters gave the likes of Michael Fry/Wealthy Nation and the Scottish Libertarian Party a chance.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Alex Salmond, the former first minister of Scotland, has been arrested by police and will appear in court on Thursday afternoon.

Salmond has been under investigation by Police Scotland following a confidential investigation by the Scottish government into allegations by two women that he sexually harassed them several years ago. The Scottish government sent their final report to police in August last year.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We can confirm a 64-year-old man has been arrested and charged and a report has been sent to the procurator fiscal.”

Alex Salmond, the former first minister of Scotland, has been arrested by police and will appear in court on Thursday afternoon.

Salmond has been under investigation by Police Scotland following a confidential investigation by the Scottish government into allegations by two women that he sexually harassed them several years ago. The Scottish government sent their final report to police in August last year.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We can confirm a 64-year-old man has been arrested and charged and a report has been sent to the procurator fiscal.”

I smell a stitch up Henry. Wonder if Leslie Evans knows anything about it?

No offence to my fellow independence supporters, but I called it some time ago and stand by it, she's a liability to the chance of success and is more interested in playing token gender and race cards, promoting people on positive discrimination (an oxymoron if ever there was one) while costing up to war criminals, paedophiles (Peter Tatchell and his ilk are not just faeces frollickers, they are pederasts) and other nonsense like "transgender issues".

As you know I am a unionist, but - independence aside -  i totally agree with your review of Sturgeon and her priorities.

Her leadership has shown what the politics of an indy scotland would be like, a haven of progressive tokenism.  Meaning real issues are ignored in favour of nonsense, to allow Sturgeon to fete herself.

You are also bang on about tatchell and his ilk - pederasty seems a difficult subject for some on here.

Aye she’s nae the best. Patrick Harvie would be a better leader for the Yes movement.

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

Please do strongly promote this idea, I beg of you.

I cant think of a better nail in the coffin of separatism, than that obnoxious little gnome as the "face of YES".  

I saw him out on the town once, with his fellow green party losers.  He is even more creepy in real life than in the media, a remarkable feat.

He is just a male version of sturgeon, distilled into the weedy body of a baldy cock-muncher.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As I suspected for a while, the hideous feminism of the First Minister has clouded her judgement with nepotism. Stabbing her former mentor in the back doesn't reflect well on anyone.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/01/why-leslie-evans-must-resign/#respond

I wouldn't be surprised if this eventually brings her "leadership" down, but after her essay on war criminal Hillary Clinton (called "I'm with her", if anyone hasn't read it) before the last US election, which would have been cringe worthy for a teenage schoolgirl, never mind a head of state, I can't say I didn't see it coming.

It's time the independence supporters gave the likes of Michael Fry/Wealthy Nation and the Scottish Libertarian Party a chance.

Definitely a misogynist 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So splitting the independence vote will help in what way

I want indy but i am not a fan of any party they are all in it for themselves but i only see one party that has a chance of delivering independence

Brazil's the happiest fucking place I've known man.

Motherfuckers literally singing and dancing in the streets and pretty much everywhere you go. It's infectious. I do it myself.

Having lived in Denmark and visited Norway. Happy? Lol. Those cunts don't even know they're born. Content and secure yes. But joyful and ebullient? No chance my friend. No way. You don't even have a word for it. ☀

Aye if you're not one of the 60,000 murdered each year.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Please do strongly promote this idea, I beg of you.

I cant think of a better nail in the coffin of separatism, than that obnoxious little gnome as the "face of YES".

I saw him out on the town once, with his fellow green party losers. He is even more creepy in real life than in the media, a remarkable feat.

He is just a male version of sturgeon, distilled into the weedy body of a baldy cock-muncher.

Hate crime.

Reported.

@@Police

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I see Grand-Empress Sturgeon, Mother of the Nation, has said in the USA that its "too soon" to be pushing for independence again.

What a let down to her voters, whom in recent weeks she has been agitating with hints of "imminent announcements" regarding a new referendum etc. She has one face for her voters, another for the foreign media.

What is she doing in the USA anyway, I would have thought the first minister had some duties here. Any truth in the rumour she is over there selling sticks of rock and those highland dolls in tubes, to raise party funds?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see Grand-Empress Sturgeon, Mother of the Nation, has said in the USA that its "too soon" to be pushing for independence again.

What a let down to her voters, whom in recent weeks she has been agitating with hints of "imminent announcements" regarding a new referendum etc. She has one face for her voters, another for the foreign media.

What is she doing in the USA anyway, I would have thought the first minister had some duties here. Any truth in the rumour she is over there selling sticks of rock and those highland dolls in tubes, to raise party funds?

She has been the epitome of controlled opposition for quite some time now. She throws the happy clappers a bone once in a while, but in reality has done fuck all to advance the party's case for independence. At best, she's pinned her hopes on Brexit being a disaster (a passive approach, which instils no confidence, when she relies on outside circumstances) and at worst, painted herself into a corner by making such a song and dance in the media about forcing a second vote over Brexit, but doing little else (the grassroots movement is ready, but growing more anxious and impatient by the day).

I called it long ago and will stand by it - I say she's pinning her hopes on backing out of a second vote (hence the energy being spent on "stopping Brexit", or blaming it's uncertainty on lack of decision on timeframe) and scraping through the 2021 election as a minority government. Let's face it, that would be the most likely outcome, as grassroots and diehards alike punish her at the ballot box for not "using the mandate" but with the opposition being so weak, she scrapes over the line at 2007 levels. That would see her remain FM for another 5 years, with no mandate (or pressure!) to go for independence and plenty time to push her virtue signalling and social marxist agenda instead.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

She has been the epitome of controlled opposition for quite some time now. She throws the happy clappers a bone once in a while, but in reality has done fuck all to advance the party's case for independence. At best, she's pinned her hopes on Brexit being a disaster (a passive approach, which instils no confidence, when she relies on outside circumstances) and at worst, painted herself into a corner by making such a song and dance in the media about forcing a second vote over Brexit, but doing little else (the grassroots movement is ready, but growing more anxious and impatient by the day).

I called it long ago and will stand by it - I say she's pinning her hopes on backing out of a second vote (hence the energy being spent on "stopping Brexit", or blaming it's uncertainty on lack of decision on timeframe) and scraping through the 2021 election as a minority government. Let's face it, that would be the most likely outcome, as grassroots and diehards alike punish her at the ballot box for not "using the mandate" but with the opposition being so weak, she scrapes over the line at 2007 levels. That would see her remain FM for another 5 years, with no mandate (or pressure!) to go for independence and plenty time to push her virtue signalling and social marxist agenda instead.

Christ, you're absolutely right. Doubt Sturgeon really wants independence, she presumably realises it would be catastrophic.

• Downvote 3

If that happens as you say, she’ll no chance be FM for the 5 years after that. Carefully stage managed exit at some point during those 5 years, if not first year, I reckon.

Not mine but an open letter in the Orkney news

Although predictable, there is nothing – nothing – more dispiriting than you greeting about the First Minister of the country and the Parliament that you pretend to represent about the cost of sending the leader of that parliament and that country to America to say something positive about us. Somebody has to, and God knows, you won’t. Your job is to talk us down at every opportunity. I understand this. Attending a Burns Supper in Downing Street isn’t fooling anybody, by the way.

Two things.

Firstly, talking us up ought to be a good thing, and your continuing belittling of the person who is, after all, the elected leader of your country is just a supercharged version of the Scottish Cringe, on stilts. Unless of course Scotland isn’t your country, and actually your country is Britain. Which of course it is. Which makes me ask again: what is the point of you? And why are you undermining your own parliament by voting against the Holyrood Continuity Bill? Why are you dismissing the Scottish Agricultural Bill and insisting we follow Michael Gove? Is this not a devolved area? Are we not a Parliament? Are we not a country? Is power devolved, power retained? If you believe so, then why are you here?

The second thing is this.

The leader of the country – Britain – that you actually identify with – has just spent the last several months grandstanding in Brussels and Belfast and elsewhere trying to re-negotiate things that have already been agreed and are not open to renegotiation. We’ll add the cost of this unicorn chasing to the £4bn of taxpayers money that has already been spent on preparing for the type of hardline, terrifying Brexit that wasn’t even spoken about in 2016.

I look forward to outrage similar to that afforded to a legitimate and timely ministerial visit to America from the media and from yourselves that is surely inevitable after this reckless and profligate squandering of taxpayers’ money.

Isn’t it time you stood up for Scotland, as you promised.

As one of your more likeable leaders once said: put up or shut up.

Yours, The people of Scotland.

• Downvote 1

Not mine but an open letter in the Orkney news

Although predictable, there is nothing – nothing – more dispiriting than you greeting about the First Minister of the country and the Parliament that you pretend to represent about the cost of sending the leader of that parliament and that country to America to say something positive about us. Somebody has to, and God knows, you won’t. Your job is to talk us down at every opportunity. I understand this. Attending a Burns Supper in Downing Street isn’t fooling anybody, by the way.

Two things.

Firstly, talking us up ought to be a good thing, and your continuing belittling of the person who is, after all, the elected leader of your country is just a supercharged version of the Scottish Cringe, on stilts. Unless of course Scotland isn’t your country, and actually your country is Britain. Which of course it is. Which makes me ask again: what is the point of you? And why are you undermining your own parliament by voting against the Holyrood Continuity Bill? Why are you dismissing the Scottish Agricultural Bill and insisting we follow Michael Gove? Is this not a devolved area? Are we not a Parliament? Are we not a country? Is power devolved, power retained? If you believe so, then why are you here?

The second thing is this.

The leader of the country – Britain – that you actually identify with – has just spent the last several months grandstanding in Brussels and Belfast and elsewhere trying to re-negotiate things that have already been agreed and are not open to renegotiation. We’ll add the cost of this unicorn chasing to the £4bn of taxpayers money that has already been spent on preparing for the type of hardline, terrifying Brexit that wasn’t even spoken about in 2016.

I look forward to outrage similar to that afforded to a legitimate and timely ministerial visit to America from the media and from yourselves that is surely inevitable after this reckless and profligate squandering of taxpayers’ money.

Isn’t it time you stood up for Scotland, as you promised.

As one of your more likeable leaders once said: put up or shut up.

Yours, The people of Scotland.

Not questioning why she is dragging her heels and not calling Indy Ref 2 then?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...