Aberdeen 2 - 0 Hearts

Aye the 7-0. A Dundee supporting pal of mine sat in that shithole of a stand they've got and watched the entire thing. Watching him go from cautiously optimistic to suicidal from across the pitch was something. The only time I've ever felt even remotely sorry for an opposition supporter.

• Upvote 3

Haven't scored against Hearts for donkeys now. Can anyone tell me when we last did? They are having a shocking season and we still can't beat them at their worst. Disgraceful from McInnes, if Hearts actually had a go they would batter us as well.

We beat them 3 times last season with 1 draw. Prior to them beating us 2-0 the other week Hearts had only scored 1 goal in the previous 6 games against us (with no wins) so they have hardly been scoring a barrowload of goals against us in recent times either.

Hearts don't really batter anybody (barring one crazy day against Celtic). They are set up to be defensive, rigid and hard to beat. That's why they are 19 points behind us because away from home those tactics just don't work often enough hence only 4 wins on their travels all season.

I'm with f-n-d on this argument

Hearts are one of the teams that's see them starting a game defending their one point. And they would much prefer to keep that 1 point than gamble on 3.

if you draw every game 0-0 you will never be relegated

Often comes up what would you change in football? I would award 1 point if you score 1 or more goals and 2 points for a win

so 0-0 = no points to either side

1-0 = 3 points to the home team

1-1 = 1 point each

5-4 = 3 points to home team and 1 point for the away team

Coming with the attitude at the start of the game that they have 1 point to defend is the biggest pain in football.

• Upvote 2

Rather see 3 for a win, 2 for a score draw and 1 for a nil nil

90 minutes should be plenty for an attack-minded team to create some decent chances to score.

But , I think the rule change that’s needed most to discourage overly defensive teams is the timekeeping. Reduce the playing time to say 70 minutes , but stop the clock whenever there’s a break in play.