Scottish Cup 2019/20

@Grays Babylon 1875

Nisbedit. Too bad mate. On upside. Your goal was offside and your pen wasn't a pen. So don't get too animated about what ifs. 

The right team at 70 per cent fit and only two league games in, in a lower division, with a reduced budget, went through.

You've NEVER beaten Hearts at Hampden. And despite the best efforts of our old kids coach, wasn't gonna happen Saturday. Shame. Now you can do your usual. You can't win it, so Celtic fan club FC necking cousins can hope your pals stop us. ANOTHER Scottish Cup final for the Jambos, like last year....we'll let you plod on battling for 4th or 5th or 6th and we'll be back next year to dominate the Derby as usual. I know you'll be watching 20th December. ?? Sorrow, sorrow.... ????

Love, from Edinburgh's dominant football club. Heart of Midlothian FC. ????

5 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

That I've witnessed as an adult? Yeah. You? 

Guys of WW's and my generation saw us win it 3 years on the trot. 5 times in 9 seasons. With 3 league championships and 2 league cups thrown in in that period between 1980 and 1991. Oh and the small matter of 2 European trophies ana

Oh and lets not forget a Drybrough Cup and a Tennent's Sixes that always get overlooked

• Upvote 1

I used to go to finals at Hampden once or twice a year, just thought it would always be like that. Hey ho, best years to enjoy them when you're young.

To be fair to WHS I think the Tennents sixes just about edges beating Real Madrid in a European cup final then going on to beat Hamburg to win the super cup, must have been some atmosphere in that gym hall.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, daytripping said:

I used to go to finals at Hampden once or twice a year, just thought it would always be like that. Hey ho, best years to enjoy them when you're young.

To be fair to WHS I think the Tennents sixes just about edges beating Real Madrid in a European cup final then going on to beat Hamburg to win the super cup, must have been some atmosphere in that gym hall.

?

5 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You’ve seen as many relegations as you have cup wins? Must be close. 

As a fan I’ve seen 2 European trophies, 3 league titles, 5 Scottish Cups, 5 League Cups & no relegations... but just one Tennent’s Sixes so you can claim a draw on that one. 

Away back to the lower league ya hun diddy nomark. 

8 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Granted, some were as a kid, but I've witnessed the Dons win 13 major honours in my lifetime. Hearts only had 3 you say. Pffftttttt, even that was only secured because of lucky draws and spending money you didn't have.

I was too young a nipper to catch the 79-80 League title. 

2 leagues

5 Scottish cups

4 League Cups

1 ECWC

1 ESC

11 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Granted, some were as a kid, but I've witnessed the Dons win 13 major honours in my lifetime. Hearts only had 3 you say. Pffftttttt, even that was only secured because of lucky draws and spending money you didn't have.

I was too young a nipper to catch the 79-80 League title. 

2 leagues

5 Scottish cups

4 League Cups

1 ECWC

1 ESC

Ignoring the Diddy Cup, your last major honour was 3 decades ago. I'm not on to gloat, I actually think Scottish football needs a strong Hearts, Aberdeen, Utd, Motherwell and Hibs. And I'd have no objection to us all winning more, especially the Cups. 

But I'm rising to the bait. Hearts have won 3 Scottish cups in recent years. And we're now in back to back Scottish Cup finals. Going on about Fergie years is now like Hibs fans going on about 7 0 in 1973. Even the TV footage is grainy. 

Aberdeen are significant underachievers and have been for a long time. All of Scottish football knew your semi was a formality against a poor Celtic. Your club is nice, and soft. We were too under Budge / Levein but at least we challenge it and demand change. We want to be aggressive, winners, challengers, and our fans are pumping in £2m a year to try and help, whether we're successful or not. 

Something about Aberdeen reeks of, we're fine, we won the Cup Winners Cup you know. You cannae give it the big one on this thread, then jump to another about Sunday, Mcinnes, what's wrong, etc. 

30 years....??

36 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Ignoring the Diddy Cup, your last major honour was 3 decades ago. I'm not on to gloat, I actually think Scottish football needs a strong Hearts, Aberdeen, Utd, Motherwell and Hibs. And I'd have no objection to us all winning more, especially the Cups. 

But I'm rising to the bait. Hearts have won 3 Scottish cups in recent years. And we're now in back to back Scottish Cup finals. Going on about Fergie years is now like Hibs fans going on about 7 0 in 1973. Even the TV footage is grainy. 

Aberdeen are significant underachievers and have been for a long time. All of Scottish football knew your semi was a formality against a poor Celtic. Your club is nice, and soft. We were too under Budge / Levein but at least we challenge it and demand change. We want to be aggressive, winners, challengers, and our fans are pumping in £2m a year to try and help, whether we're successful or not. 

Something about Aberdeen reeks of, we're fine, we won the Cup Winners Cup you know. You cannae give it the big one on this thread, then jump to another about Sunday, Mcinnes, what's wrong, etc. 

30 years....??

It doesn’t matter that we haven’t won a major honour in 30 years,only matters that we did monopolise Scottish football in the eighties.your yo-yo club is a Anderson coronavirus case away from dying. ?, your fans are absolute melts that twin themselves with Sevco cause you have nothing to celebrate yourselves, nothing worse than an inbred wanting to be a hun, scummy wee shit club with an egg timer complex,scrabbling to stay up but inevitably going down to were yous belong, no history,no exceptional players to even talk about, unless wee fat robbo counts?, if a was a hearts fan I would have killed myself long ago, 

enjoy budge, enjoy the black widow cow ruining your cesspit club, enjoy Levein hanging about like a bad spell destroying your confidence and sucking yous dry, enjoy crying into your beer glass when you get horsed in the cup final, enjoy the championship heard the weathers lovely down there, enjoy no derbies, no money through gate receipts, enjoy what little tv/spfl money you get, enjoy being the laughing stock of Scottish football, enjoy monotony 

giving it the big yin from the championship, you as a club were insignificant when you were in the premier league.

• Downvote 1
59 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

It doesn’t matter that we haven’t won a major honour in 30 years,only matters that we did monopolise Scottish football in the eighties.your yo-yo club is a Anderson coronavirus case away from dying. ?, your fans are absolute melts that twin themselves with Sevco cause you have nothing to celebrate yourselves, nothing worse than an inbred wanting to be a hun, scummy wee shit club with an egg timer complex,scrabbling to stay up but inevitably going down to were yous belong, no history,no exceptional players to even talk about, unless wee fat robbo counts?, if a was a hearts fan I would have killed myself long ago, 

enjoy budge, enjoy the black widow cow ruining your cesspit club, enjoy Levein hanging about like a bad spell destroying your confidence and sucking yous dry, enjoy crying into your beer glass when you get horsed in the cup final, enjoy the championship heard the weathers lovely down there, enjoy no derbies, no money through gate receipts, enjoy what little tv/spfl money you get, enjoy being the laughing stock of Scottish football, enjoy monotony 

giving it the big yin from the championship, you as a club were insignificant when you were in the premier league.

It doesn't matter that we haven't won a major honour in 30 years,... 

Aberdeen fans, 2020

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

30 years....??

"ignoring the cups you did win."

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You're on an Aberdeen board, trying to slag off Aberdeen and give it the big un because your lower league team scraped through to a cup final. 

What a state. 

Read back. I've said I'd prefer a stronger Aberdeen, with a stronger set of other clubs challenging. I've also said before how proud Scotland was, me included, of your European success. But I'm defending Hearts from some on here. If celebrating us being in the championship means all is OK at Aberdeen with 30 years of no major honours. Then fine. Enjoy urself.

3 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Read back. I've said I'd prefer a stronger Aberdeen, with a stronger set of other clubs challenging. I've also said before how proud Scotland was, me included, of your European success. But I'm defending Hearts from some on here. If celebrating us being in the championship means all is OK at Aberdeen with 30 years of no major honours. Then fine. Enjoy urself.

Apart from 2 financially doped Scottish Cup Wins (including a glorious win against Gretna ?) Hearts have won 1 trophy since the 1960's. 

Once your overspending cheating years ended (funny that you also share financially fucking over people and businesses and cheating with your cousins Secvo) you have finished behind Aberdeen for almost a decade in the league and been relegated twice in that time.

You are second only to Dundee in relegations from the top flight. You are a nothing yo-yo club and a fluke of a win against Hibs doesn't change that. 

You never got to a final for over half a decade and now just because you got to 1 last season (playing lower league shite in every round) and fluked a game against Hibs this time you give it the usual Jambo's shite about Hearts being significant.

Back to the Championship slog you utter nothing of a club ?

• Upvote 3