Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

SFA Youth Cup semi final tie is indeed a home match for the Young Dons.Aberdeen u18s v Rangers u18s,Friday 22nd February 2019.Probably Friday afternoon at Balmoral like the last round v Killie.Celtic u18s v Queen's Park u18s in the other semi final. Good to see Ethan Ross rewarded with his first team debut last night at Stenhousemuir after being the star man last Friday,scoring a double v Kilmarnock to help the team win through the quarter final.

Please be advised of the confirmed match details following the postponement of the original fixture on Monday 28th January 2019.

Game: Dundee United FC v Aberdeen FC
Competition: Reserve League
Date: Tuesday 5th February 2019
Venue: St Andrew’s University (KY16 9AJ)
Kick Off: 1.30pm

Any match reports? @@Donnet @@graham

Very enjoyable game. Nothing between the teams football wise but Hibs, as per the cup final last season, just looked that wee bit bigger and stronger. A couple of slack passes out from the back through the midfield were punished for their goals but a draw probably would have been a fair result. A mention to Connor Barron who came on for a good cameo near the end. Not afraid to get wired in and his great effort from distance off the post led to our consolation near the end.

Very enjoyable game. Nothing between the teams football wise but Hibs, as per the cup final last season, just looked that wee bit bigger and stronger. A couple of slack passes out from the back through the midfield were punished for their goals but a draw probably would have been a fair result. A mention to Connor Barron who came on for a good cameo near the end. Not afraid to get wired in and his great effort from distance off the post led to our consolation near the end.

Thanks Ollie.  I've seen that Connor Barron named in various Scotland squads... hopefully another good prospect!

How many of the current lads have deals finishing in May?  

Thanks Ollie. I've seen that Connor Barron named in various Scotland squads... hopefully another good prospect!

How many of the current lads have deals finishing in May?

Connor's technique and ability is up there with the best of them. He's very small in stature, but he's a terrier and shows no fear. Full games at reserve team level are maybe a wee bit away yet but if he can keep building the strength needed with cautious game time there's a very, very good player there.

I'm not sure of all the players who's deals expire at the end of the season. Chris Antoniazzi is probably the most high profile. Dave Craddock, Sam Roscoe, and possibly Ethan Ross too, but I'd imagine a new deal would be a given for him.

Connor's technique and ability is up there with the best of them. He's very small in stature, but he's a terrier and shows no fear. Full games at reserve team level are maybe a wee bit away yet but if he can keep building the strength needed with cautious game time there's a very, very good player there.

I'm not sure of all the players who's deals expire at the end of the season. Chris Antoniazzi is probably the most high profile. Dave Craddock, Sam Roscoe, and possibly Ethan Ross too, but I'd imagine a new deal would be a given for him.

That'll be interesting... I noticed from reading the Montrose thread on P&B that Antoniazzi has been doing well over there.  He'll be 19 at the end of the season...