Sam Cosgrove

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

I’ve thought he was good since his first game. 

He's a good player. People are definitely exaggerating how good though. 

"Penalty box strikers” are still expected to do the basics like hold the ball and chase everything. He’s had plenty chances in the penalty box the past few games but his touch is honking and he’s low on confidence.

He's definitely low on confidence and in poor form. 

I don’t think Cosgrove is as bad as made out by some but last few games he’s been abysmal and it’s down to him, not the team.

It's partly down to him but he's not the reason we've been shite. Bar Kennedy, I can't think of a single player (outwith the back line) who I'd say has been good of late. We've been utter shite right throughout the team. 

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Delighted he is going, just crap that most of the money if not all will be plugging a covid gap!

Sign of times MT. At least we have someone to sell.

On a positive note reckon our best performances of season was when big Sam was injured?

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

The fucking Ross County bench was stronger than ours a few weeks back. Billy McKay would do a better job than Main and Anderson combined, if and when Cozzie leaves

We normally run with four strikers. We need to recruit four new strikers and in a perfect world we can get two of them in this week.

However i'd be happy with two loan signings this weekend leaving a lot of space to recruit strikers in the summer.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You can't afford to take such a high ground condescending tone. You know fuck all about fitba, unsurprisingly given you've never invested enough time in it nor have any direct personal experience of the game.

If you knew the slightest thing about football you would be able to back up what you posted and tell us all these strengths you see in Cosgrove, the worst CF at AFC for the whole of my lifetime and I first started going to Pittodrie in the 1960's. 

Please don’t bother. Leave this shite to the other forum. Makes it unreadable. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Please don’t bother. Leave this shite to the other forum. Makes it unreadable. 

He's just trying to bait me because he's a sad old man who has a weird desire to argue with me at every opportunity and hates that I just ignore him. 

I'll not be getting drawn in to his sickness. 

• Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

If you knew the slightest thing about football you would be able to back up what you posted and tell us all these strengths you see in Cosgrove, the worst CF at AFC for the whole of my lifetime and I first started going to Pittodrie in the 1960's. 

Come on now he’s off form but that’s clearly nonsense ?

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Steve Lovell, Lee Miller, Scott Vernon, Josh Magennis, Calvin Zola, Eugene Dadi, Laurent D'Jaffo, David Zdrilic, Stevie Crawford and that took me about 18 seconds to think of

It was quite fun though. So thank you rocket

Take Vernon off that list immediately. 

and Lovell. 

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Take Vernon off that list immediately. 

and Lovell. 

Just now, Millertime said:

Remove Miller from that list immediately

Edit it

NOPE

Those 3 unquestionably the best on the list though. I had time for all 3. Cosgrove has been better than them all since his arrival though, especially for 30k. Thats why he has more goals, our league placing has been higher and he is leaving for a decent fee.

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Disagree. I was there when we stole the SC QF at Parkhead. Mackie won it singlehandedly. He was a poor footballer but he could at least do some of the basics. 

So was I. He maybe scored the goal but it was a good overall team performance. 

If by the basics you mean he could run fast then aye he did the basics. Beyond that he struggled 

Mackie 69 goals in 364 appearances. 

Cosgrove 47 goals in 103 appearances.

End of conversation 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Steve Lovell, Lee Miller, Scott Vernon, Josh Magennis, Calvin Zola, Eugene Dadi, Laurent D'Jaffo, David Zdrilic, Stevie Crawford and that took me about 18 seconds to think of

It was quite fun though. So thank you rocket

Come awa min. Absolutely no chance. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Perhaps we are talking about different things?

Harper through Shearer, Rooney and Cosgrove. Not the hingers on who were so shite they never made it or lasted.

Like Clangers getting so long, it's embarrassing that Cosgrove has been the main focal point for goals, him taking all the pens giving a false boost to his conversion rates and his ability, which is fucking useless. 

This is a lot of goal post shuffling. We have gone from any striker in the last 60 years to just 4 strikers.

Ok I am willing to admit Harper, Shearer and Rooney were better than Cosgrove.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

No shuffling. I edited my original post PRECISELY for the reason anticipated.

There are many first choice strikers from Harper through to our last two, Rooney and Cosgrove. That's why I said "through". Did I have to spell that out too?

Weird how EVERYONE interpreted it that way. EVERYONE must be wrong all the time and you always right ?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

What he's best at is putting the ball in the net. If you have essentially a penalty box striker and then ask him to play with his back to goal, 40 yards out, then it's pretty obvious to anyone (apart from folk on here and McInnes) that he'll likely be poor. 

I don't think he's brilliant but he's far from shite and if it weren't for Covid, we'd be selling for much more than £2 million. 

I totally agree, and have said as much myself. He's a penalty box striker. But if you go with that line of thinking, he's lost the instinct. The last few games I've watched him he fails to make any movement in the box, and actually appears to hide behind defenders. 

You should remember pre Covid, Curtis Main was getting a game, and scoring, ahead of him. 

£2,000,000 is great money for him on current form.