MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:04 AM

RAZOR, on 12 Aug 2018 - 2:33 PM, said:

That's exactly what it's saying ffs.

Just one of many captious comments from you in your usual passive aggressive manner.

However I'll bite. My opinion is that Cosgrove (despite not scoring) has offered us more in his short period of time here than Stockley did. I don't particularly rate Cosgrove but nor did I rate Stockley. Cosgrove played his part in the remaining 5 matches and performed well against Burnley - more than I saw from Stockley during his time here. If you wish to base him purely on just goals - as I've already pointed out Cosgrove only needs to score 5 to equal Stockley. Again not an insurmountable target.

Edited by CalgaryDon, 13 August 2018 - 11:09 AM.

#572 OFFLINE   Brochman

Brochman

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 09-January 16

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

Isn't that the truth.

Even section Y is getting littered with fairies, benders and geeks taking their birds along.

Go sit somewhere else and let us shout our homophobic, racist filth in peice you wettest of Lettuce's.

Ok. My proposal is that once we move to the new stadium, with decent facilities etc, we leave Pittodrie as it is. You and your mates can bide there all the time, howling at the moon, spitting bile and running around on all fours. You'll love it, other than the occasional visit from university researchers and David Attenborough investigating primitive human behaviours.

#573 OFFLINE   Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Joined 17-January 18

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

Fans fighting over the Durrant song

Deary me, glad I rarely go to away games these days 

#574 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,599 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

Just one of many captious comments from you in your usual passive aggressive manner. 

However I'll bite. My opinion is that Cosgrove (despite not scoring) has offered us more in his short period of time here than Stockley did. I don't particularly rate Cosgrove but nor did I rate Stockley. 

How many goals and assists has he offered us?

'parkrun isn't about convenience, it's a way of life.' - dave_min

#575 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • 18,538 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

Only seen the highlights on BBC, but we put in some decent crosses into the box, but there wasn't really anyone on the end of them. Is it the crosses that are shite, the strikers aren't getting on the end of them, or should we be looking at changing things up and going through the middle / on the ground? Something isn't working with this "get down the wings and whip it in for the striker" strategy that has served us well over the years.

Moussa looked really good for Dundee. They created far too many chances by just simple one twos in / around the box which is worrying. If they had a decent striker they'de have scored 2-3.  Were we playing 3 at the back? We were getting torn apart. We'll get hammered by Hibs if we are as slack as that at the back. 

GMS has really pushed on this season. He's been far more consistent than i've ever seen him, so that's great, but we need someone to stick the ball in the back of the net.  May needs a couple of goals to really get going. There's a player there, but needs support from the midfield to create chances.  He looked decent in the highlights i've seen and reports from folk.

McInnes saying that Anderson is best suited coming on as sub, so that's basically him being told he's not likely going to start anytime soon. I think that's a bit of a kick in the teeth, he's been excellent in the time he's had on the park. 

The boy Moussa was absolute horse shit.

Luckily for us.

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#576 OFFLINE   ollie1903

ollie1903

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,560 posts
  • Joined 24-May 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

Luckily for us.

I was going to say exactly this, but I'll change it to dogshit.

The boy Moussa was absolute dogshit

#577 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:13 PM

StandFree1982, on 13 Aug 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:
Only seen the highlights on BBC, but we put in some decent crosses into the box, but there wasn't really anyone on the end of them. Is it the crosses that are shite, the strikers aren't getting on the end of them, or should we be looking at changing things up and going through the middle / on the ground? Something isn't working with this "get down the wings and whip it in for the striker" strategy that has served us well over the years.

Moussa looked really good for Dundee. They created far too many chances by just simple one twos in / around the box which is worrying. If they had a decent striker they'de have scored 2-3. Were we playing 3 at the back? We were getting torn apart. We'll get hammered by Hibs if we are as slack as that at the back.

GMS has really pushed on this season. He's been far more consistent than i've ever seen him, so that's great, but we need someone to stick the ball in the back of the net. May needs a couple of goals to really get going. There's a player there, but needs support from the midfield to create chances. He looked decent in the highlights i've seen and reports from folk.

McInnes saying that Anderson is best suited coming on as sub, so that's basically him being told he's not likely going to start anytime soon. I think that's a bit of a kick in the teeth, he's been excellent in the time he's had on the park.

Paragraph 1. The decent crosses you see have each taken about 7.84 minutes of build up play to create. There's no-one in the middle because they've fucked off and gone home.

Paragraph 2. Thankfully for us he was absolutely horse. Best chance was in the first half which they don't show to spare his blushes. Agree re Hibs although yesterday showed them up as no great shakes.

Paragraph 3. GMS seemed to be in the huff for most of the game about the nasty songs about him. Nowhere near ruthless enough and (in fairness preserving his personal health in the process) not prepared to go after lost causes in the same way Hayes was. In fairness zero service when on the right with Ball behind him. A ball eventually getting to him with his back to goal with two men on him is not service. Agree re May. Number 10 to Wilson? Blowing out his arse on 80 minutes like.

Paragraph 4. See where McInnes is coming from as that's the second game he's totally changed with his waspishness. Pleasingly decent in the air but depending on how Wilson gets on I think impact sub is the role for now.

All depends how McInnes is going to play it of course. If its still centre halfs lumping it to lone forwards you can play whoever the fuck you like.

#578 OFFLINE   CalgaryDon

CalgaryDon

MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:28 PM

How many goals and assists has he offered us?

I'll bite once more. Already commented on in the previous two posts. Again 5 goals for Cosgrove is certainly not an insurmountable target in his next 18 matches. As for assists, Cosgrove currently possesses 1 (came against Burnley in the Europa league) compared to Stockley's 3 during his time with Aberdeen.

In his 9 appearances for Aberdeen, Cosgrove has also largely featured against top six opposition (including two against Celtic) and 2 matches against arguably the strongest opposition (Burnley) we've played to date under DM in the Europa League. I personally felt Cosgrove played an integral part in us finishing 2nd with his performances in the top six split fixtures. I'd also like to point out that with the inclusion of Hibs and a stronger The Rangers side the league overall was much more competitive last season than the previous season in which Stockley featured - i.e. Cosgrove came up against much better opposition in the few fixtures he's played than Stockley ever did.

As for Stockley, he scored his 4 domestic goals for Aberdeen against the following SPL teams: Dundee (certainly not as strong as the Dundee side Cosgrove faced on Saturday), Kilmarnock (Lee McCulloch was manager), Partick Thistle (x 2) and Ross County. In the Europa League, he scored 1 goal against Ventspils arguably one of the weakest opponents we've played against in the Europa league under DM. 

On the basis of that, I'd like to see how Cosgrove gets on against SPFL lower league opposition and has featured in 27 matches for Aberdeen before comparing his stats with that of Stockley. One argument of debate I will maintain is my opinion that Cosgrove despite his lack of goals and assists, has still at the very least performed better and offered more against the top half of the SPL and against stronger opposition in Europe than Stockley ever did. Therefore my opinion that he has offered more than Maynard and Stockley still stands.

Edited by CalgaryDon, 13 August 2018 - 12:30 PM.

#579 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,599 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:30 PM

You could have just said 0 goals.

#580 OFFLINE   CalgaryDon

CalgaryDon

MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:42 PM

Clearly you didn't pick up on the fact that my previous posts highlighted he has yet to score. Therefore I've offered to elaborate on my previous comments.

Instead of making negative captious comments every time my brother or I post why don't you either simply block us or ignore us. Particularly as you seem to get so very upset on a football forum - evident by your negative posts towards us.

Edited by CalgaryDon, 13 August 2018 - 12:43 PM.

#581 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,599 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:10 PM

You make it so easy though. If I blocked you lot, what would I possibly do for entertainment.

#582 OFFLINE   spamspamspam

spamspamspam

Spamfuckingtastic

• Members
  • 10,548 posts
  • Joined 18-January 11

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:19 PM

Clearly you didn't pick up on the fact that my previous posts highlighted he has yet to score. Therefore I've offered to elaborate on my previous comments.

Instead of making negative captious comments every time my brother or I post why don't you either simply block us or ignore us. Particularly as you seem to get so very upset on a football forum - evident by your negative posts towards us.

Blah blah therefore...

Blah blah elaborate...

Blah blah captious...

Blah blah evident...

Its a fitba forum. Blah blah fuck off.

Tiger style

#583 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:20 PM

I'll bite once more. Already commented on in the previous two posts. Again 5 goals for Cosgrove is certainly not an insurmountable target in his next 18 matches. As for assists, Cosgrove currently possesses 1 (came against Burnley in the Europa league) compared to Stockley's 3 during his time with Aberdeen.

In his 9 appearances for Aberdeen, Cosgrove has also largely featured against top six opposition (including two against Celtic) and 2 matches against arguably the strongest opposition (Burnley) we've played to date under DM in the Europa League. I personally felt Cosgrove played an integral part in us finishing 2nd with his performances in the top six split fixtures. I'd also like to point out that with the inclusion of Hibs and a stronger The Rangers side the league overall was much more competitive last season than the previous season in which Stockley featured - i.e. Cosgrove came up against much better opposition in the few fixtures he's played than Stockley ever did.

As for Stockley, he scored his 4 domestic goals for Aberdeen against the following SPL teams: Dundee (certainly not as strong as the Dundee side Cosgrove faced on Saturday), Kilmarnock (Lee McCulloch was manager), Partick Thistle (x 2) and Ross County. In the Europa League, he scored 1 goal against Ventspils arguably one of the weakest opponents we've played against in the Europa league under DM. 

On the basis of that, I'd like to see how Cosgrove gets on against SPFL lower league opposition and has featured in 27 matches for Aberdeen before comparing his stats with that of Stockley. One argument of debate I will maintain is my opinion that Cosgrove despite his lack of goals and assists, has still at the very least performed better and offered more against the top half of the SPL and against stronger opposition in Europe than Stockley ever did. Therefore my opinion that he has offered more than Maynard and Stockley still stands.

Bit of a long winded way of putting it but aye you're right.

Still don't think he's quite good enough for us but he's better than Stockley and Maynard.

#584 OFFLINE   CalgaryDon

CalgaryDon

MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

You make it so easy though. If I blocked you lot, what would I possibly do for entertainment.

Well if you were to leave your parents basement you'd realise theres more to life then games consoles and Afc Chat for entertainment.

In the meantime, I leave you here as you resume your incessant and continual daily fix of bashing and trolling.

#585 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,599 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:51 PM

Well if you were to leave your parents basement you'd realise theres more to life then games consoles and Afc Chat for entertainment.

In the meantime, I leave you here as you resume your incessant and continual daily fix of bashing and trolling.

My parents basement? I don't live in 1970s Alabama.

#586 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,105 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:04 PM

Bit of a long winded way of putting it but aye you're right.
Still don't think he's quite good enough for us but he's better than Stockley and Maynard.

Yeah, that's about the state of things I'd say. He's going to improve and he did do well at the tail end of last season, maybe he's like McLean the golden child and takes a few games/months to warm up?

:hysterical:
I've moved to California

#587 ONLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • 10,621 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

DWT son.

Obviously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker 
Won: 1 
Lost: 14 (4 Guest) 
Amount Spent: £75.00 
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come On Guys - We Can Do This

#588 OFFLINE   Daz the Don

Daz the Don

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Joined 07-February 16

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:26 PM

Luckily for us.

One of the worst footballers in the SPL.

#589 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,405 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:29 PM

One of the worst footballers in the SPL.

Aye you know its bad when even Dundee fans think he's shite. Those cunts think McGowan is a good player for fuck sake.

#590 OFFLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,086 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:29 PM

Ok. My proposal is that once we move to the new stadium, with decent facilities etc, we leave Pittodrie as it is. You and your mates can bide there all the time, howling at the moon, spitting bile and running around on all fours. You'll love it, other than the occasional visit from university researchers and David Attenborough investigating primitive human behaviours.

You sound a right hoot.

#591 OFFLINE   Poodler

Poodler

Director of Football

• Members
  • 12,664 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:34 PM

you Going to Livi away Broch man?

#592 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 31,186 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:45 PM

Maybe so, but he did enough in those minutes to create a load of problems for us. 

No

He was pants

#593 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:01 PM

Only player of note was their mom mdanga or something? 22. Thankfully took a nosebleed in the final third.

#594 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 10,105 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:06 AM

Only player of note was their mom mdanga or something? 22. Thankfully took a nosebleed in the final third.

Yup Booth too?
I've moved to California

#595 ONLINE   Don Fonte

Don Fonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:29 AM

The trouble is "Proper fitba gents" are heading towards extinction. The world is changing and your days are numbered. You just don't know it yet.

You left a pair of Nike trainers at your birds min? Should probably pick them up.

#596 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 25,768 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:48 AM

You left a pair of Nike trainers at your birds min? Should probably pick them up.

😂😂😂😂😂

#597 OFFLINE   Reliablesource

Reliablesource

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Joined 21-May 17

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

Blah blah therefore...
Blah blah elaborate...
Blah blah captious...
Blah blah evident...

Its a fitba forum. Blah blah fuck off.

Fitba forum. Just for thick cunts like you?

#598 ONLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

I noticed tierney had a black armband with PG on it at the weekend 

Is that him in your camp lads?

#599 OFFLINE   reekie_dock

reekie_dock

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts
  • Joined 08-August 13

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

😂😂😂😂

#600 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,599 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:25 PM

I noticed tierney had a black armband with PG on it at the weekend 

Is that him in your camp lads?

They can have him. We'll have Stockley.