Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

How many of them have had to beat celtic to do so? We always come up against celtic.

Inverness put Celtic out in the semis when they won the Scottish Cup, St Mirren did the same to Celtic in the League Cup. There's two already.

Edit: and of course County beat Celtic at Hampden in the semi when they won the League Cup too. So that's three.

Do yous think our bottle merchant tag might hinder Scottish lads from joining at times?

As in, we can point to Europe all we want but we've never qualified for it proper since it was reformed as the Europa League.

We consistently enough play at Hampden but almost always find a way to let ourselves down/fail to have a go at it.

We've just finished 4th and are clearly a club with a manager out of ideas as to how to push that bit further and be genuinely successful.

We've only won the one league cup, which other clubs have managed to do in the last 10/15 years, some of them much smaller than us.

People talking about Halkett, it would surprise me if we hadn't offered him terms, he probably thought it doesn't matter if I play for Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs, it's a bigger move for me, that's all. Our draw of European qualifiers isn't much of one imo.

Just food for thought, trying to get my head around why Ash Taylor would be considered a good option for us.

No.

Do yous think our bottle merchant tag might hinder Scottish lads from joining at times?

No. I think it's more to do with location. We are fine signing local loon but if we want to sign a boy from down in the central belt....well their general perception is of Aberdeen being a bit of a backwater. They could sign with the Edinburgh clubs.....even StJ or the Dundee clubs  :hysterical: ………...and won't have to up sticks and move house but coming up here they obviously do have to.

We, for now (but the gap is closing), offer a bit better terms to new recruits than Hivs/Hearts. But if they have those clubs as an option as well as us, we have to significantly better their offers and this is what maybe made the difference in Halkett's case. (As it happens I'm glad he chose Hearts....don't think he is of the required standard. although Big Gash  :suicide: )

My tuppence although I wasn't asked.

Aberdeen's location makes it the Scottish version of Newcastle where they've sited location as a problem recruiting players for years.

When Hearts and even Hibs match salary offers, being in the central belt can be enough to swing it. Especially for English or overseas players.

Don't think it's any nearly men tag or culture thing.

On the upside, you seem to have beat us to Curtis Main.

Aberdeen's location makes it the Scottish version of Newcastle where they've sited location as a problem recruiting players for years.

When Hearts and even Hibs match salary offers, being in the central belt can be enough to swing it. Especially for English or overseas players.

Pish, pish and utter pish.

Next!

Inverness put Celtic out in the semis when they won the Scottish Cup, St Mirren did the same to Celtic in the League Cup. There's two already.

Edit: and of course County beat Celtic at Hampden in the semi when they won the League Cup too. So that's three.

Inverness, St Mirren and County all beat Celtic teams that were far inferior to the Celtic of the last few years.

A treble treble sadly proves the point that no-one is beating Celtic when it matters, not just Aberdeen.

• Downvote 1

Inverness, St Mirren and County all beat Celtic teams that were far inferior to the Celtic of the last few years.

A treble treble sadly proves the point that no-one is beating Celtic when it matters, not just Aberdeen.

We had the same opportunity to win trophies back then when Inverness, St Mirren and County did.

• Upvote 1

We had the same opportunity to win trophies back then when Inverness, St Mirren and County did.

Ha ha lol exactly.

Not forgetting Killie too & st Johnstone & Hibs

We did win one however at one of the times when Celtic were shite yet we didn't beat them then either for it.

Since 08/09 season there has been seven different winners of the Scottish cup

& since 10/11 season there has been six different winners of the league cup

So of the past ten years or so we have been just one of the thirteen clubs for both cups.

Not exactly above average

Sorry, are you saying Bartley would have been a good signing?! He is very very poor...

If I misread this, then I apologise

Fuck no. Just saying we need to be better at picking up out of contract or promising young players from the smaller teams in our league. Like Halkett etc.

If you look at some of our most successful signings of recent times many are of that nature: Rooney, McLean, Shinnie, Ferguson, etc.

Fuck no. Just saying we need to be better at picking up out of contract or promising young players from the smaller teams in our league. Like Halkett etc.

If you look at some of our most successful signings of recent times many are of that nature: Rooney, McLean, Shinnie, Ferguson, etc.

I'm glad you cleared that up!

If players don't want to move to us, we can't make them. If it's to be believed, Halkett stayed central belt due to his mrs' work