Bradley Welsh/442 Magazine

Was reading this last night, an article about hooligans gone soft. I thought dayts might have been in with a shout of an interview.

Anyway, this fat lad from Hibs, Welsh, was saying that Aberdeen were the top mob in Europe in the 80's.

He's gone into boxing, says he 'punched out' many a pavement dancer in the 80's, until the rave scene came along in the 90's.

Looks like kebabs and chipper suppers are his new pursuit judging by the photo.

Was reading this last night, an article about hooligans gone soft. I thought dayts might have been in with a shout of an interview.

Anyway, this fat lad from Hibs, Welsh, was saying that Aberdeen were the top mob in Europe in the 80's.

He's gone into boxing, says he 'punched out' many a pavement dancer in the 80's, until the rave scene came along in the 90's.

Looks like kebabs and chipper suppers are his new pursuit judging by the photo.

He speaks some sense saying that but tells some tall tales as a whole, bit of a knob.

Dayts, did you stand your ground at 'petrol bomb gate'.

Derek Dyke (fitever he's ca'd) I believe tells a different story to what actually happened.

As I wasn't there, I can't comment so thought I'd ask.

I did indeed, we regrouped at the side of the road, was only about 20 Aberdeen there but the amount who claim they were is unbelievable, Hibs threw it then they all disappeared, the main group of Aberdeen were being held in Waverly, the amount of police and sirens was unreal, we were quickly huckled back into the station but at no point did we run. :cool:

That's the 100% truth of the matter on my daughters life.

Is that not the lad that said he ran a security firm when he was 17?

Him and a couple others ended up running most of the nightclub doors in Edinburgh, the one time they truly got the better of us was an ambush at Haymarket station just as we arrived for a cup game against them, they brought along a lot of the city's bouncers, was loads of faces I'd never seen before, huge guys, I got punched to fuck and hit by a guy swinging a crutch.

Not our proudest moment.

I don't like taking about it these days so that's the last tale, we were young and stupid, was great fun but I don't condone it.

Was the petrol bomb not somewhat of a retaliation from a Hibs lad getting a serious kicking the previous meeting ?

They said it was in a book but it was way afterwards, load of bollocks, it didn't even land anywhere near us, wasn't a scary moment or anything, more a wtf, a few shoppers out that day got a scare though, was out of order doing it there.

Him and a couple others ended up running most of the nightclub doors in Edinburgh, the one time they truly got the better of us was an ambush at Haymarket station just as we arrived for a cup game against them, they brought along a lot of the city's bouncers, was loads of faces I'd never seen before, huge guys, I got punched to fuck and hit by a guy swinging a crutch.

Not our proudest moment.

I don't like taking about it these days so that's the last tale, we were young and stupid, was great fun but I don't condone it.

You should have done an interview for FourFourTwo about how you are on the other side of the rails now.

Then again, you'd have probably had to cite some sort of achievement since, might have been a stumbling block.

You should have done an interview for FourFourTwo about how you are on the other side of the rails now.

Then again, you'd have probably had to cite some sort of achievement since, might have been a stumbling block.

It's best left in the past where it belongs, time moves on and people grow up eventually. Just lucky no one got killed, was some close calls.