#811 OFFLINE   strachanmcgheegoal

strachanmcgheegoal

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts
  • Joined 29-September 11

Posted Yesterday, 08:21 AM

Logan seemed to get that job in the second half.  Whenever Armstrong came forward in their second wave it was Logan who seemed to be meeting him often miles out from the RB position. 

Its not a dig at Jack (at least until his new deal is announced) but again we seemed to be accommodating him, not building off him.  I'll cut him some slack coming back off injury obviously. 

Of our recognised strongest middle 5, take out Mcginn if/when he leaves and which of the remaining 4 do you think is easiest replaced?  The answer's Jack every time is it not? 

#812 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,085 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 AM

Does anyone think he was a stand out on Saturday? I think he was yet again, average. He should have been in Brown's face the entire game. And was the one that stepped out of position that led to Armstrong's goal.

I don't see his departure as a loss and had it not been for the fact he's been here since a youth and captained the side, I don't think there'd be half as much talk about his move.

Don't think he was a stand out.
He had a decent game, and just did what Ryan Jack does normally. There's nothing remarkable about this player.

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#813 OFFLINE   Byrne Baby Byrne

Byrne Baby Byrne

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,912 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05

Posted Yesterday, 09:12 AM

Thought he had a great game on Saturday.

He will improve the rangers midfield but only because its so shite. He's our least effective midfielder and I'm confident Tansey will be an improvement.

#814 ONLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 AM

They are only taking him because he is a free transfer and it potentially weakens us. Yes, he will get a pay rise but he'll be joining a club where the fans have unrealistic expectations and the club is a financial basket case.

It's a poorly thought out move from Jack's perspective. That club will be in turmoil for years to come and the fans will turn on him pretty quickly when it becomes apparent that he is not the aggressive ball winner some of them think he is. He will improve their midfield slightly though as their midfield options are dire.

#815 OFFLINE   herouali

herouali

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 03-June 08

Posted Yesterday, 10:02 AM

I heard that Rangers is his back up plan and he's gunning for a move to England as a priority...  hence the delay.

#816 OFFLINE   ThomohawkKid

ThomohawkKid

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 28-May 17

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 AM

I heard Redknapp was up watching him Saturday for Birmingham.

#817 ONLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Good Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted Yesterday, 11:05 AM

It would certainly be more palatable if he ended up at Birmingham

#818 ONLINE   BWG

BWG

Nomas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 AM

EDIT:  Wrong thread.  Made a cunt of it.

Edited by BWG, Yesterday, 11:06 AM.

#819 OFFLINE   Old Wing Stand

Old Wing Stand

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,539 posts
  • Joined 26-November 07

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 AM

They are only taking him because he is a free transfer and it potentially weakens us. Yes, he will get a pay rise but he'll be joining a club where the fans have unrealistic expectations and the club is a financial basket case.
It's a poorly thought out move from Jack's perspective. That club will be in turmoil for years to come and the fans will turn on him pretty quickly when it becomes apparent that he is not the aggressive ball winner some of them think he is. He will improve their midfield slightly though as their midfield options are dire.

Don't think you're far off the mark there.
The fans will turn on him very quick especially when they are 15-20 points behind Celtic at Xmas

6 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users