Adam Rooney Signed

Rooney?

Meh.

Currently not scoring goals for 3rd Division Oldham. Our current jokers probably couldn't score goals at 3rd Division Oldham either, so I'm not seeing the attraction.

You'll excuse me if the prospect of his signing for us doesn't make the front of my pants advance.

Rooney?

Meh.

Currently not scoring goals for 3rd Division Oldham. Our current jokers probably couldn't score goals at 3rd Division Oldham either, so I'm not seeing the attraction.

You'll excuse me if the prospect of his signing for us doesn't make the front of my pants advance.

He's Oldham's joint-top scorer, to be fair. Just a shite team.

He's Oldham's joint-top scorer, to be fair. Just a shite team.

Without spending too much time investigating his record, Wiki is saying something like 7 goals in 33 games in all competitions. It's hardly the stuff of dreams.

Wasn't Zola banging in goals at Burton?

I'm thinking Rooney is going to be a slightly less shite, but infinitely more ginger, Calvin Zola.

As much as I think Vernon, Zola and Magennis aren't good enough, it would be nice, particularly at home, if whoever is playing up front actually got chances to score from.

There's hardly anything for a striker to get on the end of in games at Pittodrie. I suppose that's largely down to the point I made in the match thread about lack of natural full backs meaning no overlap to pull guys out and/or get crosses in.

If we're going to bring a new striker in, we need to make sure we do something to ensure whoever it is gets plenty delivered to them at home. It doesn't seem to be so much of a problem in away games.

The main reason we dinna get enough crosses in , is McGinn fannying about

The reason we never get any decent crosses in is because we play our wingers on their weak side so they are forever cutting back onto their stronger foot.

Wingers on their weak side would work if we had overlapping full backs.

Our strikers simply don't get the service to score more regularly, how many clear cut chances did Vernon have on Saturday.......0!!