Season Tickets 19/20

What's not to get? People bubbling about Shinnie possibly going to Rangers? It happens. We're not in a position to stop that happening as he's out of contract at the end of the season.

By all means, Shinnie can get all the pelters he deserves if he goes to them. Aberdeen can't force him to stay, and I don't see how one player leaving will affect you buying a season ticket. Far better players than him have come and gone.

Good post. Folk saying they won’t go to Pittodrie and support their life long team because a player has left the club to a rival is pretty bizzare. I’ll be gutted if he goes there but as has been said he’s been made a very good offer to stay and that’s all we can do.

I’ll delete my account if he goes there though, still think it will be England for him if he doesn’t stay with us.

Good post. Folk saying they won’t go to Pittodrie and support their life long team because a player has left the club to a rival is pretty bizzare. I’ll be gutted if he goes there but as has been said he’s been made a very good offer to stay and that’s all we can do.

I’ll delete my account if he goes there though, still think it will be England for him if he doesn’t stay with us.

Bookmarked.  ;)

I don't think you know how basic economics works. The arse cheeks have much larger supports, therefore much larger income, therefore they have a much larger budget. What do you expect AFC to do about that? Either suck it up or find a new hobby.

The key point there though is that it’s not natural scale. It’s a completely artificial construct ably supported by all the clubs to maintain and preserve it.

It's what the transfer would represent.

It may have taken 7 years, but the bad old, sad old days are back with the so called "natural order" restored.

AFC and the rest were too pathetic to try and change Scottish football.

Our chairman says a strong Rangers is good for Scottish football. I guess he's just happy being reasonably well placed in the battle of the losers.

It doesnt matter whether Shinnie is a great player or a shite player or if he is a fans favourite or not.

The symbolism of the Huns signing AFC captains at will (and the fact that there is nothing we can do about it) , tells me everything I need to know about Scottish football and the pathetic subservient nature of non old firm clubs, who are too gripped by fear to make any real change.

People can sign up if they want to. I'm gonna wait and see what happens.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

It may have taken 7 years, but the bad old, sad old days are back with the so called "natural order" restored.

AFC and the rest were too pathetic to try and change Scottish football.

Our chairman says a strong Rangers is good for Scottish football. I guess he's just happy being reasonably well placed in the battle of the losers.

It doesnt matter whether Shinnie is a great player or a shite player or if he is a fans favourite or not.

The symbolism of the Huns signing AFC captains at will (and the fact that there is nothing we can do about it) , tells me everything I need to know about Scottish football and the pathetic subservient nature of non old firm clubs, who are too gripped by fear to make any real change.

Top posting Ernie...

Again not to go full on pant pisher, but IF they knew and kept it quiet, it wouldn't be on at all. Again, IF. McInnes being mugged off with these delays and delays too. The club should be in control, not the players. As i said on the out of contract thread a while back, maybe it's time to start selling players that don't want to commit the summer before their deal expires.

You'll get people saying "but maybe the player is worth more to us for another season than getting any money for him".

I say "shite". If they don't commit then sell where we can.

• Upvote 1

Well we don't HAVE to sell do we? I'm not saying we simply must sell at all costs, but we've definitely been a 'they're going nowhere' club, which I have admired to be honest and think it's great for players we've got on long deals ( and vital for the building of a good team and shows ambition), but when we're left in situations like we are just now, maybe it's time to change it for those who will probably leave us in the lurch like our glorious captain.

Said on the out of contract thread previously.

The club may not be able to stop Shinnie running his contract down or going to the Huns but the captaincy should be stripped immediately from him. No captain should be running their contract down!

Club should have placed a time limit on our contract offer and made the date of the expiry very public. After that point, if he suddenly decided he wanted to stay after all ( or actually found himself with no other credible offers) we would be negotiating from a position of strength. His value to us is undeniable but it really isn't his footballing ability....decent at left back but he's bog standard as a midfielder.....when he's good he's very good but when he's bad he's fuckin tripe. It's the drive and energy that he brings to us that is so valuable. His playing style just fits us perfectly ( just as Stewart's doesn't).

I still insist he isn't sevco bound, they've just too many midfielders already and he would behind Jack and Kamara for a place in the side. If he was waiting to see if Wigan stay up and Sunderland go up.....it would be epically funny if both were in EFL1 next season.

1) It may have taken 7 years, but the bad old, sad old days are back with the so called "natural order" restored.

2) AFC and the rest were too pathetic to try and change Scottish football.

3) Our chairman says a strong Rangers is good for Scottish football. I guess he's just happy being reasonably well placed in the battle of the losers.

4) It doesnt matter whether Shinnie is a great player or a shite player or if he is a fans favourite or not.

5) The symbolism of the Huns signing AFC captains at will (and the fact that there is nothing we can do about it) , tells me everything I need to know about Scottish football and the pathetic subservient nature of non old firm clubs, who are too gripped by fear to make any real change.

1 - Not relevant to the point of people not buying a season ticket because of Shinnie. I get it, but it's not relevant to folk going "i'm not buying if Shinnie doesn't sign"

2 - See above

3 - See above

4 - See above

5 - Shinnie leaving has (as far as any of us know) nothing to do with Rangers. If it was, he'd have signed by now. If he DOES sign for them, it's because whatever club he was looking to sign for down south has gone tits up, and players will ALWAYS get more money at Rangers, due to the size of their club vs ours. Again, not seeing how this is relevant. 

Also, how does "There is nothing we can do about it" tell us anything about Scottish Football? Rangers are a bigger club than Aberdeen. (new  / old) and can afford higher wages. How does this reflect badly on Scottish Football? Every league in the world has a few "bigger" clubs that can pay a lot more for players than others. 

Not buying a season ticket because we're being pushed into third place and "the natural order" has resumed - Acceptable reason

Not buying a season ticket because Graham fucking Shinnie is looking for a move elsewhere, despite being offered the best wages possible at the club - A piss poor reason to not buy a season ticket.

Pretty much. Sounds like people need an excuse to not part with their money to watch Aberdeen. It's backwards to think "i'm not giving AFC any money until we are competing financially with Rangers". 

It's not really the sentiment though, is it?  It's more "I'm not giving AFC anymore money, until they stop miss managing it by signing shite like May and Forrester and actually scout players".

• Upvote 2

It's not really the sentiment though, is it?  It's more "I'm not giving AFC anymore money, until they stop miss managing it by signing shite like May and Forrester and actually scout players".

That wasn't the sentiment by folk above. It was purely based on Shinnie leaving and Rangers being stronger. Neither of which is under our control. 

That wasn't the sentiment by folk above. It was purely based on Shinnie leaving and Rangers being stronger. Neither of which is under our control. 

Ah.  In that case I think it's more "what's the point?".  In either case I understand their frustration.

Ah.  In that case I think it's more "what's the point?".  In either case I understand their frustration.

Unfortunately, that is football in the 21st century. Every league is the same now, where there are a couple of very strong teams and then there is everyone else fighting for the scraps. Money has ensured that those top teams will remain at the top. I don't think the "status quo" will be return, in that Celtic AND Rangers are running away with the league. Only one Scottish side, currently, is going to get that lucrative Champions League money, compared with two. 

It's a catch 22 though. Fans not bothering to buy tickets means we're going to fall even further behind teams with a bigger budget. 

I can't really be arsed with it all either tbh, but i don't get people getting so upset about an average player leaving, that they want to ditch their season ticket.