Roland Garros 2016

First Briton to make the final of the French Open since 1937. If he wins, then I think this will cement his status as one of the UKs greatest ever sportsmen. I think winning the French would be arguably his greatest achievement, considering that not that long ago he couldn't function whatsoever, on the surface.

Djokovic again unfortunately. However, as Pash mentioned, the twist is that Djokovic is going for the career Grand Slam. Roland Garros is the only one he hasn't got. For once, all the pressure is on Djokovic.

A great achievement beating the reigning champion in the semis - It's exciting because there were moments today when Murray was playing his best tennis. The second set was incredible. Mats Wilander was saying he thought that was the best level of tennis he's seen from Andy ever. He'll need to produce some more of that on Sunday.

amazing from Murray

I think thats his first time beating Wawrinka on clay.

Lost the last three times he played him.

Murray really hammered him today in fairness. He dropped his level and Wawrinka got a bit of luck in the third, but that was overall a really dominant display.

First Briton to make the final of the French Open since 1937. If he wins, then I think this will cement his status as one of the UKs greatest ever sportsmen. I think winning the French would be arguably his greatest achievement, considering that not that long ago he couldn't function whatsoever, on the surface.

Djokovic again unfortunately. However, as Pash mentioned, the twist is that Djokovic is going for the career Grand Slam. Roland Garros is the only one he hasn't got. For once, all the pressure is on Djokovic.

A great achievement beating the reigning champion in the semis - It's exciting because there were moments today when Murray was playing his best tennis. The second set was incredible. Mats Wilander was saying he thought that was the best level of tennis he's seen from Andy ever. He'll need to produce some more of that on Sunday.

I'm only going on what I have watched and I think he has a point, I don't remember him playing anywhere near that well. Wawrinka is one of the toughest opponents you could ask and he made him look ordinary at times. More of that on Sunday will at least make him competitive but Djockovic will be the firm favourite

I'm only going on what I have watched and I think he has a point, I don't remember him playing anywhere near that well. Wawrinka is one of the toughest opponents you could ask and he made him look ordinary at times. More of that on Sunday will at least make him competitive but Djockovic will be the firm favourite

Going to be really interesting. Djokovic hasn't been tested yet. If Murray can play like that he's going to give him a real examination.

Going to be really interesting. Djokovic hasn't been tested yet. If Murray can play like that he's going to give him a real examination.

It'll be some match, I really hope Murray can pick up another few wins over him. It will go down as one of the greatest rivalries ever

I'm waiting to hear back about tickets to Wimbledon, its looking good. If I get them I will be booking Melbourne in January to complete the set of 4 slams :cheers:

It'll be some match, I really hope Murray can pick up another few wins over him. It will go down as one of the greatest rivalries ever

I'm waiting to hear back about tickets to Wimbledon, its looking good. If I get them I will be booking Melbourne in January to complete the set of 4 slams :cheers:

Easy enough to get tickets at Melbourne Park...only the semis and final you really need to book in advance. Think I'm scheduled to be working... so I won't be there this year. :(

Being beaten by some of the greatest players to ever pick up a racket is hardly bottling it. But you know that, obviously.

Pathetic excuse making.

Do you say to your loon he's been beaten by some of the greatest youths to ever kick a ball when he loses a game?

Thought not. You beat what's in front of you.

Pathetic excuse making.

Do you say to your loon he's been beaten by some of the greatest youths to ever kick a ball when he loses a game?

Thought not. You beat what's in front of you.

But you don't, always, beat what's in front of you.

Football, as you know, is a team game. So when Dean's team has been beaten I just tell him he was great and everyone else was shit

Credit where it is due to sotr. U have been marginally more accurate than normal.

Let's so a head to head for final. My bet is Novak in 4 sets. 2 sets up Murray pulls one back but loses a tight 4th.

1st set is key. Am sure there is some ridiculous stat along the lines of Murray has never beaten djikovic when he loses opening set.

Credit where it is due to sotr. U have been marginally more accurate than normal.

Let's so a head to head for final. My bet is Novak in 4 sets. 2 sets up Murray pulls one back but loses a tight 4th.

1st set is key. Am sure there is some ridiculous stat along the lines of Murray has never beaten djikovic when he loses opening set.

I'm not changing my pre-tournament prediction. Although, if Murray does win, I fully expect @@The Boofon to ram it down my throat within minutes of Match Point. On this occasion I'll be delighted to be wrong!

For what it's worth, I actually agree with you. I think Djokovic in 4 sets is about right. If Murray plays especially well, I think it could go to 5-sets - where you'd fancy Djokovic, who's expended far less energy getting to the final.

Muguruza wins the womens final, cost me a few quid, knew i should have left alone.

Edit : Hope the Bryan's lose next as my acca bet would have hinged on them.

I reckon Garbine Muguruza has a great chance of beating Serena in the Australian Open tomorrow - good young player who's pulling up a few trees right now. Serena has been really up and down lately and Muguruza beat her at Roland Garros last season.

Muguruza widely available around the 4/1 mark...

On another note, Nishikori is 18/1 to win the AO with paddypower... that is pretty long IMO. I don't think he'll win, but he's definitely good enough...

I was about 18 months too early with this prediction! I thought she looked like a potential major winner back then... pity I didn't have anything on her this year!

I'm not changing my pre-tournament prediction. Although, if Murray does win, I fully expect @@The Boofon to ram it down my throat within minutes of Match Point. On this occasion I'll be delighted to be wrong!

For what it's worth, I actually agree with you. I think Djokovic in 4 sets is about right. If Murray plays especially well, I think it could go to 5-sets - where you'd fancy Djokovic, who's expended far less energy getting to the final.

Murray in 3 sets it is. Well played SOTR. I was going to tell you not to predict at all but a Djokovic win prediction will do.

Be an incredible achievement if Murray wins this today, not only does it show how far he's came on clay but his all round game has went to another level, also it would only leave him needing the Aussie open for the grand slam which in this era of tennis would be just ridiculous to complete.

Be an incredible achievement if Murray wins this today, not only does it show how far he's came on clay but his all round game has went to another level, also it would only leave him needing the Aussie open for the grand slam which in this era of tennis would be just ridiculous to complete.

It would be remarkable if he completed the grand slam before Djockovic, add to that the Davis cup and Olympic gold and you have one of if not the greatest Scottish sportsman ever.

In saying that he has a mountain to climb today and Djockovic is still the firm favourite