New Drink Drive Law

Clydeside_Sheep

Ah - the spiel that was sent round (see pg 1) said they "have a committment" to breathalyse you, I figured that meant they definitely would.

you'd not have to worry about this at all, if you do as Tommy suggested earlier.. just don't drink and drive. at all. ever.

perhaps stop trying to shame mates that are at the pub who aren't drinking -- it's quite possible, they're planning to drive other people home safely. or themselves.

thank the person who's willing to be your designated driver so you can have a good time out.

have a good time and get some safely.

easy peasy :wave:

• Upvote 1
I've made a few calls and I'm hopeful about being the first ever poster to retain this title.

Much to play for these last few weeks though.

It's destined to be a landslide win for dave_min

Ah - the spiel that was sent round (see pg 1) said they "have a committment" to breathalyse you, I figured that meant they definitely would.[/quot

Take it to th Union CS!

It fuckin was :-)

All depends in individual and consumption but I'd say 12 hours after last drink.

Terrible advice.

Every unit takes an hour to go away.

12 hours after your last drink would only work if you had 12 units worth of drink in your system 12 hours ago.

So drink a unit at 5pm. Alcohol free at 6pm.

Drink 12 units at 5pm. Alcohol free at 5am. That's a fair nip and best avoided. Slow and steady wins the drinking race.

Terrible advice.

12 hours after your last drink would only work if you had 12 units worth of drink in your system 12 hours ago.

Drink 12 units at 5pm. Alcohol free at 5am. That's a fair nip and best avoided. Slow and steady wins the drinking race.

I rarely, if ever drive until after lunch the next day if been drinking the previous night.

The fear of possibly knocking down a bairn through being not 100% in control scares the shit out of me.

See there was an 8 year old knocked down and died in Portsoy yesterday, tragic

• Upvote 1

I rarely, if ever drive until after lunch the next day if been drinking the previous night.

The fear of possibly knocking down a bairn through being not 100% in control scares the shit out of me.

exactly this. i don't drink and drive even though i may feel okay.

if i were involved in an accident, and god forbid should hurt someone, i could never be absolutely certain that even that single drink didn't cloud my judgement or cause my reactions to be slower than they otherwise might have been. by even a fraction of a second.

Aye just down the road from me.

Listened to Absolute Radio today - and the recurrent news bulletins featured the report on this, with the same soundbite of a dumb yorkshire cunt whining about 't laak fooking jock conts arrestin meh, when 30 yaads agaww ah wozz faannn'. Pretty simple you arsehole - dont drink if you want to drive.

Its such a small amount you're allowed why bother at all? You have to be completely addicted to be in the position where you simply MUST savour half a pint of whatever, or a small glass of such n such. If you are that person you probably dwell most of the time in a gutter covered in pish and leaves, and thusly driving wouldnt be an option anyhoo - given that you're homeless, and reek of shite.

The morning after is the worry...the filth are out in numbers at all industrial estates from 6.00 till 9.00 just now stopping folk on their way to work...it's easy pickings this time of year and potentially career destroying for any cunt pulled over...I predict most punters will binge drink between 5 and 8 to avoid a pull from bill in the morning the days of going on the lash mid week are numbered.

Edit...this is most definitely a ploy by the filth to have the town clear by 9-10 o'clock on weekdays.

Terrible advice.

You've got to add another hour to this because it takes around an hour from when you start drinking for alcohol to be fully absorbed into the bloodstream. Or so it says here http://www.morning-after.org.uk/calculator.html

After last night I probably shouldn't drive tll about Thursday.

you'd not have to worry about this at all, if you do as Tommy suggested earlier.. just don't drink and drive. at all. ever.

perhaps stop trying to shame mates that are at the pub who aren't drinking -- it's quite possible, they're planning to drive other people home safely. or themselves.

thank the person who's willing to be your designated driver so you can have a good time out.

have a good time and get some safely.

easy peasy :wave:

Sorry, you have lost me here LGIR?

I am not worried about beig breathalysed as I dont drink and drive - I was only wondering why I had not been breathalysed before, as folk were saying you would always be tested if stopped for any reason.

And 'shaming' people in the pub - !?!? Whatchoo mean?

We are def on the same page here! :)

You've got to add another hour to this because it takes around an hour from when you start drinking for alcohol to be fully absorbed into the bloodstream. Or so it says here http://www.morning-after.org.uk/calculator.html

After last night I probably shouldn't drive tll about Thursday.

So if I drink a litre of vodka I can't drive for 40 hours?

*facepalm*

If it's on the Internet it must be true

The 12 hour rule is probably true however buckled you are...if you're borderline and the filth give you a pull in the morning...stick a 2p under your tongue when you see the blue light...by the time they get round to breathalysing you the copper alloy in your mouth will neutralise the alcohol...

No transport from my neck of the woods to anywhere apart from centre of town.

Then one would have to get on another bus to wherever, then one would require another 2 or 4 other buses to get to wherever duriing the day.

Taxi's? Nit.

Anyway, those were in days past, one now has his own driver to chauffer one round bong bongo, (and he has a gun incase some zulu types try to kidnap one while one is going about one's duties...) us white men are not allowed to drive, so one can be as drunk as one wants whenever.

If you wouldn't be happy standing under a massive bit of machinery that's being operated by some guy that's spent his lunch in the pub having a pie and a beer then you have no right moaning about drink driving laws.

Aye it's an inconvenience not being able to knock back 15 beers on a Thursday and you may think yer fine to drive but yet nae.

Spate of accidents in the N.E. probably down to the new Drink Driving Laws...there will be cunts in the countryside who have never driven sober before...

More likely due to the drop in temperature. People still leave at the same time for work not allowing for reduced speeds due to icy roads.

Nuggets.