Becoming A Dad

weemackie

My wee boy is two now, I think someone said on page one, be prepared to argue about everything, how true! Although the tantrums are actually quite funny, as long as you're not in public. Magic times though, especially now he's developing his own personality. already loves football and boos if you say rangers and says Aberdeen if you ask him who he supports. Got to brainwash them young.

Can't say I enjoyd the experience of being there for the birth that much

Mrs R was in labour for hours and I was worried for her ....I suppose I had no real need to be worried , the staff at the hospital cllearly weren't sharing my concern and I mind feeling totally helpless but simply relying on the professionals with them having seen it all before. She ended up having a Caesarian

I reckon a lot o' blokes say that it's the most wonderful , emotional experience blah , blah say that because they they think it's expected of them , and the right thing to say

For me the main feeling when it was over was one of relief ....relief that my wife and new son were both healthy

He's ten now and asked methe other night fit tea-bagging is ?...I had to look it up

I love both my boys but kind of agree with the above, there's nothing enjoyable about child birth from a guy's perspective. , there's fucking blood everywhere, your missus is in agony and when she goes for a shower you get given this alien looking creature and hope to fuck your missus hurries back before it starts crying.

For me there was no instant love either, there's a great bond between mum and child initially but dad's, if your bird breast feeds, serve little or no purpose. Both my kids were up a lot, kudos to anyone who's kid sleeps 7-7 after 5 weeks but I reckon it's more likely they need their ears cleaned out. The love for me came when they got older and started doing stuff, it's boring as fuck sitting with babies and no amount of gushing from the guys on here will convince me otherwise.

Anyway, on that note, pleased for you loon :)

im due to become a dad too in October.

One thing i would say is no need to buy all the expensive stuff. you may want to buy the best but you don't really need it.

I have been going to those Jack & Jill Markets at the Hilton Treetops and got a lot of stuff like baths, bouncers, clothes etc for much cheapness.

My missis is due with our first at end of September, just had a 20 week scan today and all is good

When we were at home in Mallorca we paid for a private 4D scan and what you see is unreal

Canna wait to take the wee man to see the dons

• Upvote 1

:itch-chin: is there something in the local water supply?

congratulations to all you expectant Dandies! :cheers:

and now, not being a father, i'll beat a hasty retreat.

Thank you! I can't wait, tbh. It is unnerving, with our impending re-location back to the Granite City looming in October, but we are relishing the new adventure. I asked her if it was child cruelty if I bought it an AFC baby strip, but she's also an adopted Dandie and is all for it, so here's to another member of the AFC Stand Free clan!

Thank you! I can't wait, tbh. It is unnerving, with our impending re-location back to the Granite City looming in October, but we are relishing the new adventure. I asked her if it was child cruelty if I bought it an AFC baby strip, but she's also an adopted Dandie and is all for it, so here's to another member of the AFC Stand Free clan!

you need a slap for asking her mate :rolleyes: ....thats the first thing I buy any of my mates kids...boys or girls...

• Upvote 1

Cheers for all the advice and well wishes

Speaking about names for it. If its a boy she wants to call it Mason, ive tried to explain to her that that's a name huns call there kids but she doesn't understand. Its nae getting called that anywsy

As in former striker Paul mason..........

Cheers for all the advice and well wishes

Speaking about names for it. If its a boy she wants to call it Mason, ive tried to explain to her that that's a name huns call there kids but she doesn't understand. Its nae getting called that anywsy

Mason's a bit generic, isn't it?

Quick check... second most common name for a boy.