Max Lowe

Dad, if you are referring to me by my Sunday name then it's Alasdair (Gaelic version of Alexander) after my grandfather who was many years ago the minister in

Portlethen Church.

Thank you also for referring to me as young. Most people are young compared to you I suspect but I'm not sure there will be much age difference between us.

If you weren't referring to me then just ignore my pish!!

Gleeson will continue to improve and I have high hopes for him along with young Ferguson. Both will prove to be great signings.

Are you therefore a religious lunatic like ClydesideSheep or whatever his name is?

I'm well aware we're not the only side to make loan signings.

Aye but it was your use of the word reliant. It's just the way it goes these days for clubs of our size. Last week we started with 2 loan players, this week it might be 2 again or it might only be 1. I wouldn't say that was reliant.

As for the huns, they've added yet another loan signing today it seems. Takes their tally to 5. I wouldn't bet against them starting with 3 loan players this week.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

How's Max doing ? A piece in our local paper saying he wants to extend loan spell. Max also says Lampard and Morris in contact with him and Aberdeen regularly. Says “He (Lampard) has been ringing me after every game and giving positive feedback. He also watches the games every week".

Good luck for the rest of the season. ROTM . Derby Fan

He's been good, glad he wants to stay as we need him.

I like his play so far, but I disagree with him speaking out or calling out his teammates to the media. There is a place for doing that, but not after two matches with the team when you might not even be on the squad in a couple months. Maybe he sticks and he is a leader down the road, but that has to be earned in the locker room and on the pitch. 

• Downvote 1

I like his play so far, but I disagree with him speaking out or calling out his teammates to the media. There is a place for doing that, but not after two matches with the team when you might not even be on the squad in a couple months. Maybe he sticks and he is a leader down the road, but that has to be earned in the locker room and on the pitch.

Some amount of spunk spoken there m8

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Have you even read his comments?

He said: “Everyone is up for it when they play us. You saw that against St Johnstone, they were up for the first-half and we weren’t.

“You always want to win, especially in games like Saturday where the points were there for us to take. Against St Johnstone we started off quite slowly.

“We were sloppy and lethargic but in the second half we showed what we are really about. We were aggressive and could have taken the three points but we took the one and we have to be happy.

“We have to move on and play better than we showed in the first half in Perth.”

Lowe is still adjusting to his move to Scotland but the left-back has learned quickly that the Dons are now a target for opposing teams due to their consistent previous campaigns.

He said: “Aberdeen are a massive club and that was one of the first things I knew. I knew there were high expectations are what the boys achieved last year.

“It is a lot tougher than I expected. Everyone says it is not proper football but it is proper man’s football. I respect that from the first game I played against Kilmarnock but the lads around the dressing room have been fantastic with me and made me feel at home.

“I just have to keep learning and hopefully playing games. I knew I would have to play well to hold my place in the team and hopefully I can help the team get the three points every week.”

Lowe’s loan expires in January and he is determined to make the most of his time at Pittodrie regardless of whether his deal ends in January or is extended for the rest of the campaign.

He said: “I have taken coming here as a positive to get some games and experience from the likes of Graeme Shinnie who has been fantastic with me in the left back position, along with Andy Considine as well.

“I am sure they can help me improve my game. We have healthy competition and I know Shinnie can fill in that role as well.

“I have to keep myself going every game and training session I play in. Shinnie pulls me aside telling me about what runs to make and maybe advice on set-pieces. I have a lot to improve on.”

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not hating on the guy. I like his play so far. I'm just saying maybe not call your teammates slow and sloppy. Even if the rest of the comments are all positive. He gave the media that throw away line to create that headline. I doubt he's irked any of his teammates.