Drugs

As a young cunt in Amsterdam, eh thought space cakes would be a much simpler way to get high. None of this smoking shit.

As one had what felt like no effect, a second large one was procured and scoffled. Holy fuck was that a mistake.

The fear from that was horrendous, and only afterwards did eh find out that space cakes go straight to your blood stream and smoking is a slower process. Never again :clangers2:

Lightweight.

As a young cunt in Amsterdam, eh thought space cakes would be a much simpler way to get high. None of this smoking shit.

As one had what felt like no effect, a second large one was procured and scoffled. Holy fuck was that a mistake.

The fear from that was horrendous, and only afterwards did eh find out that space cakes go straight to your blood stream and smoking is a slower process. Never again :clangers2:

And ever since, the brain never recovered, and you continue to us "eh" instead of "I"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it's a horrendous place to be smashed in

Every street looks the same

A mate of mine went to Amsterdam on his own for the weekend, dumped his bags at the hotel and went and got right royally fucked, could not remember the name of his hotel, and literally walked about through the night with the fear trying to find the hotel.

For those who did their formative growing in the nineties, its now apparent that drugs - especially pot - was probably at its worst. Prior to the miracle stuff thats around now, it was mainly lumps of literal shite that had bits of plastic, old engine oil and possible human remains mixed in - anything to maximise profit. Prior to that, people were too cool and groovy to give a fuck about such pish like profiteering, and as such would happily spread around the very pure goodness that came their way via the higer up dealers.

From a drugs perspective, being born in the late seventies/early eighties is the pits.

I can recall the hideous stuff you refer to, even from when I was in my early 20s. Common to find bits of plastic in it. Extremely variable quality, generally banding between "ropey" to "absolutely awful". You would always burn your fingers trying to heat / crumble it.

Anything could be in in - boot polish, human faeces, ketamine, you name it.

There was a documentary with Howard Marks following the Moroccan from Morocco to the UK and showing what it went through and what happened to it along with testing its content all along the way.

It left Morocco for the south of Spain as it should be, was chucked into a huge mixer with hay cuttings and doubled up. It went to the north of Spain and the same happened there. It then landed in Liverpool and thats where all the shit happened. Anything from dead sheep to car tyres, engine oil and other plastics and rubber all chucked in with things like diesel to give a different high from it.

Went from being about 50% female plant and having 30%+ THC content to about 15% plant and 8% THC.

It was all the plastics and chemicals that gave a dunt in council hash.

Haha I bet! I have never eaten it and wouldnt unless I had made the cakes myself. As the effect is stronger and harder to predict and if you are buying them you have to trust the description as to whats inside.

What I like about smoking (or better, vaping) is the auto-titration effect, which means it is easy to control / harder to over-do it.

I too, overindulged on Spacecakes and stumbled around Amsterdam for hours

Fucked.

Hilarious!

A friend and I once came out of the establishments on warmoestraat in the evening, and stumbled around onto damrak, looking like a couple of peely wally japanese.

There, a black gentleman attempted to relieve us of our possessions and dignity, obviously thinking we were an easy target due to the state of us.

He got fuck all (all talk) I think he was put off as we didnt shite it from him (to be fair, I was that fucked that I didnt really understand what was going on at first, and just stood there staring at him - which he must have misinterpreted as me being really hard / fearless).

it's a horrendous place to be smashed in

Every street looks the same

I can get about it OK, what terrifies me "under the influence" is the trams, bikes, lack of clear distinction between road and pavement etc.

I drove through it last summer, right up through dam square and parked off damrak* - was much easier in a car, when not baked.

(*dont ever do that, its about a million euros per hour to park)

Also there's two types of space-cakes on sale in Amsterdam, the ones made with hash, and the ones laced with LSD. And it's not always immediately obvious (or even at all obvious) which is which.

I experienced the LSD cakes on my first visit to the 'dam, slightly by mistake. And jeez-o, what a night that was... :rangers:

Haha I bet! I have never eaten it and wouldnt unless I had made the cakes myself. As the effect is stronger and harder to predict and if you are buying them you have to trust the description as to whats inside.

What I like about smoking (or better, vaping) is the auto-titration effect, which means it is easy to control / harder to over-do it.

The cakes in the coffee shops are all the same.

0.8g of white widow in them.

They are pretty much factory made so they are standardised. The only way to overdo it with them is to eat 3 or 4.

How the fuck did you get this post to quote me when it was Brian from Bergens post?

Weird weegie obsessive that you are.

It's going to be legalised in Canada next year. They reckon they'll take in just under a billion dollars in tax the first year.

The Netherlands collects $600m annually in taxes from coffee shops.

In Colorado, it is the fastest growing business sector, with some 17,000 new jobs being made,

When we were 17 we crumbled some soap bar into yoghurts and ate it. Never seemed to be kicking in so went out and got smashed on 69p vodkas in Cul De Sac as normal.

Ended with me placing, to freshly served cocktail on the ledge of the bar in Henry J Beans afore the spilt everywhere. Never said bye to my mates, just walked out I'm told. Vague recollections of getting on a bus hame.

I'm a shambles on drink so nae chance I'm touching proper drugs.

When we were 17 we crumbled some soap bar into yoghurts and ate it. Never seemed to be kicking in so went out and got smashed on 69p vodkas in Cul De Sac as normal.

Ended with me placing, to freshly served cocktail on the ledge of the bar in Henry J Beans afore the spilt everywhere. Never said bye to my mates, just walked out I'm told. Vague recollections of getting on a bus hame.

I'm a shambles on drink so nae chance I'm touching proper drugs.

Were you off your tits when you typed that?

• 4 weeks later...