Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

Tickets are on sale on the buckie thistle facebook page for Buckie Dons

for those with a lot of time on their hands and desperate to get back to the football.

It's the Aberdeenshire shield i think.

it wont be much of a dons team with us playing sunday-wednesday and having 9 players out

Aberdeenshire Cup - Quarter final

Tuesday 24/11/20

Jags v Aberdeen FC

8pm KO

As previously announced their will be 100 fans allowed in to this match. Tickets can be purchased by using the link below. Due to the reduced fixture list and lack of funds coming into the club we have decided that ticket prices for this season only will be:

Adults/Concessions - £10
Kids 16 & under - £5

Please follow the instructions on the link which will give us the track & trace required for everyone attending the match.

Temperatures will be taken on entry + a mask must be worn during the match, please also adhere to the 2 metre distancing rule.

More information will be posted at the beginning of the week regarding what turnstiles will be in operation etc...

This is new to us so please bear with us as undoubtedly hiccups will arise !!

BTFC

https://member.clubforce.com/ticket-list.asp?LL_ID=2650#topp

• 8 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 9:56 AM, graham said:

It is a wee bit odd the match is not at Cormack Park.It hosted the Youth Cup tie with Montrose,which possibly turned out a closer and more exciting match than we maybe anticipated.The prestigious occasion of a quarter final sees a return to Balmoral Stadium and Cove Rangers !.....Calvin Ramsey outstanding for U18s and a real prospect.

Often write a lot of drivel,but that last sentence wasnae bad ! Excellent v BK Hacken,superb v Dundee United.Always really encouraging and heartening to see young local players come through and do well.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Who's next on the conveyor belt?  By all accounts the young lads struggled recently against Buckie - that was quite a worrying performance I thought?

In short term henratty has huge potential. I believe Hancock is well thought off too. He's an 18 year old centre half. 

The 2005s have just gone to u18s. They had 5 or 6 in Scotland squad. I think we will see a few from there break through. Emslie is very gifted. Hopefully we will see a couple hit first team over next 2 years. 

2006s have Alfie bavidge, mentioned him before, I think he's actually playing up with 18s now, he's probably best striker at his age group in Scotland.  He scored as u18s beat Middlesbrough 6 0. Ryan Duncan scored a hat trick and he's been on Fringes of first team for a while. 

Unfair to call out anyone younger but the youth teams are at top end in Scotland. 

• Upvote 3
59 minutes ago, RUL said:

In short term henratty has huge potential. I believe Hancock is well thought off too. He's an 18 year old centre half. 

The 2005s have just gone to u18s. They had 5 or 6 in Scotland squad. I think we will see a few from there break through. Emslie is very gifted. Hopefully we will see a couple hit first team over next 2 years. 

2006s have Alfie bavidge, mentioned him before, I think he's actually playing up with 18s now, he's probably best striker at his age group in Scotland.  He scored as u18s beat Middlesbrough 6 0. Ryan Duncan scored a hat trick and he's been on Fringes of first team for a while. 

Unfair to call out anyone younger but the youth teams are at top end in Scotland. 

2006’s!?… FFS, I feel old. 

On 1/14/2020 at 9:56 AM, graham said:

It is a wee bit odd the match is not at Cormack Park.It hosted the Youth Cup tie with Montrose,which possibly turned out a closer and more exciting match than we maybe anticipated.The prestigious occasion of a quarter final sees a return to Balmoral Stadium and Cove Rangers !.....Calvin Ramsey outstanding for U18s and a real prospect.

Often write a lot of drivel,but that last sentence wasnae bad ! Excellent v BK Hacken,superb v Dundee United.Always really encouraging and heartening to see young local players come through and do well.

8 hours ago, RUL said:

Alfie Bavidge - son of Martin?  Grandson of Mitch?

Spot on starryfish.The Bavidge football  name continues. Martin Bavidge was still playing often for East End Juniors before the first lockdown.He was  maybe not the most mobile,but his skill and touch still stood out.Like RUL says there are high hopes for young Alfie Bavidge in the Aberdeen youth set-up.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, graham said:

Spot on starryfish.The Bavidge football  name continues. Martin Bavidge was still playing often for East End Juniors before the first lockdown.He was  maybe not the most mobile,but his skill and touch still stood out.Like RUL says there are high hopes for young Alfie Bavidge in the Aberdeen youth set-up.

All descended from the brave Bilbo 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for that RUL,always great to hear of victories over Rangers whatever the level.The programme for the Dundee United match had good potted biographies and pictures of the best u16 footballers coming through the Dons Academy.Aberdeen have always produced excellent homegrown players.Stepheb Glass himself a perfect example, and  nice to hear Scott Brown there watching the game The young players will notice and appreciate that.

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

What's the current feeling with Connor Barron?  I see he's off to Kelty on loan.  This time last season a few were saying he wasn't far off the first team... with some predicting he might get a few games.

Suffered a bad knee injury and heavily impacted by the covid restrictions also. I'm not sure he will make it now at Aberdeen. Important loan for him at Kelty. 

Guest milne_afc
4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

What's the current feeling with Connor Barron?  I see he's off to Kelty on loan.  This time last season a few were saying he wasn't far off the first team... with some predicting he might get a few games.

I think he’s going to be ace. Have a look for his first ever goal for Brechin.