Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Maynard battered in a decent number of goals last season. Was never given a chance, 5 minutes at the end of the game isn't a lot of time to go and bag a few goals.

He had chances and never took them, then he dropped down the pecking order as a back up option. He just wasn’t suited for the Scottish game, it happens

Maynard battered in a decent number of goals last season. Was never given a chance, 5 minutes at the end of the game isn't a lot of time to go and bag a few goals.

Absolute shite. Maynard had plenty chances and made a cunt of every single one of them.  He wasn't good enough and has now found his level.

• Downvote 1

I am sure Turnbull will end up at the Tims, they won't want to lose out like they did with Mcginn last year

They won't pay the money for him... the 2M bid will have been from Barnsley.

Judging from that leaked Celtic memo, money is extremely tight at the moment... their choice of manager would also back that assertion up!

If McKenna is with 5-10m turnbull is worth more. Motherwell would cave before Aberdeen I would guess.

He’s a great player but how many Scotland caps does Turnbull have? He’s also got half the length of contract to run than McKenna does

• Upvote 1

They won't pay the money for him... the 2M bid will have been from Barnsley.

Judging from that leaked Celtic memo, money is extremely tight at the moment... their choice of manager would also back that assertion up!

I didn't take it that money was tight (although unquestionably Lennon comes at a fraction of the cost of Brenda). Just think they're sticking to their model of buying talent relatively cheaply, getting a couple of years decent service out them whilst increasing their profile and then selling on at a decent profit whilst the player isn't too close to the end of their contract...hence looking to offload Ntcham and possibly Edouard this summer. I'd be fairly confident the £2million bid is indeed Celtic...and they'll likely increase to whatever it takes to get Turnbull onboard having been badly burned by the bad publicity in losing out on McGinn last summer. 

If Celtic wanted a player at £10million badly enough...they'd find it no problem

I didn't take it that money was tight (although unquestionably Lennon comes at a fraction of the cost of Brenda). Just think they're sticking to their model of buying talent relatively cheaply, getting a couple of years decent service out them whilst increasing their profile and then selling on at a decent profit whilst the player isn't too close to the end of their contract...hence looking to offload Ntcham and possibly Edouard this summer. I'd be fairly confident the £2million bid is indeed Celtic...and they'll likely increase to whatever it takes to get Turnbull onboard having been badly burned by the bad publicity in losing out on McGinn last summer. 

If Celtic wanted a player at £10million badly enough...they'd find it no problem

What a shock: https://stv.tv/sport/football/1438349-motherwell-reject-two-bids-for-david-turnbull/

Celtic could not afford anything like 10M for a player.

What a shock: https://stv.tv/sport/football/1438349-motherwell-reject-two-bids-for-david-turnbull/

Celtic could not afford anything like 10M for a player.

Yet they could afford £9 million for Edouard....are you telling me they couldn't find an extra million to get the right player onboard? One that they reckoned they could sell on for a profit 18-24 months down the line? 

And tell me how much compo they've just received for Brenda plus backroom staff?

EDIT ....just to clear things up in case some idiot decides to interpret my post as saying they would pay £10 million for Turnbull....of course they won't for him but they'll keep on bidding more and more until Motherwell eventually bite

Yet they could afford £9 million for Edouard....are you telling me they couldn't find an extra million to get the right player onboard? One that they reckoned they could sell on for a profit 18-24 months down the line? 

And tell me how much compo they've just received for Brenda plus backroom staff?

EDIT ....just to clear things up in case some idiot decides to interpret my post as saying they would pay £10 million for Turnbull....of course they won't for him but they'll keep on bidding more and more until Motherwell eventually bite

Bournemouth now showing interest in Turnbull

They sell Fraser they will get him.

Turnbull will see Fraser’s rise with them & hope to do similar

So when Fraser goes. Celtic have no chance of getting Turnbull so if they want him they better be quick & put in the appropriate bid now rather than penny pinching trying to rob him from Motherwell on cheap using their media buddies to help

They tried the same with McKenna & then took offense when us & hibs (regarding McGinn) told them to fk off & pay what other clubs are willing to bid

Heckingbottom has signed a winger called Joe Newell from Rotherham. On the face of it, looks like a similar background to Hedges... similar age, position, signed from a similar level of club. Will be interesting to see which turns out the better...

He's played a lot of games compared to Hedges but like you say interesting to see how they compare

They paid £9 million for Edouard.....in what way am I havering???

They got in 25 million for Dembele, they had been in CL 2 seasons, were wanting to make a big noise to show up the huns, had Rodgers.  They have since missed out on CL, have Lennon, unlikely to get in a 7 figure bid for any players.  They are cutting costs after throwing money at Mr weird teeth.  To say "...they'd find it no problem" is not right.