Worst Dons Moment Ever?

79 members have voted

1. 1. What is your worst moment as an Aberdeen fan of recent times?

• Queen's Park 2006
    • Queen Of The South 2008
    • Dunfermline 2009
    • Raith Rovers 2010
    • Celtic 2010 (9-0)
    • East Fife 2011
    • Other

So now that the dust has settled from last night, how does it rate amongst our other recent humiliations? I'd still say it's the worst, a new low considering all the circumstances of being at home, actually being ahead, conceding 3 goals and playing a part time team who were bottom of Division Two and who's players had been at work all day.

It now overtakes the 9-0 and Queen Of The South which are 2nd and 3rd for me now.

Vote away!

Yeah last night's game is by far the worst result in our history seeing as though we were at home and thankfully i wasn't there as i would have went absolutely ape-shit in that stand. Although the Queens Park one is on a par seeing as though we couldn't even score against these guys over 120 mins.

What a shocking state of affairs and even with the domination of the Old Firm i don't think there'd have been a single person in this country who would have believed the depths this once proud club has sunk to.

Other for me - the worst moment being when I realised I didna really care anymore.

It was not an overnight thing, and when I used to go to every game I never imagined not watching the Dons.

Nowadays I watch Highland League - not as good a standard but better value and a host of teams competing at the top of the league.

celtic 9 Aberdeen 0 for me, wasn't even there, but the record defeat in our history and a truly sad day for this club. The rest, shit happens, but breaking records in the wrong way is what gets to me.

What was just as annoying about that game was the fact the Tims were down to 10 men too, a defender at that as well.

I think just reading the amount of options to pick from that list, especially given they've all occurred in the past five years, was one of my worst moments!

I voted Queen of the South. That was one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced. Felt so low for weeks after that game.

The 9-0 game comes in at second. That was also a horrible experience but it was pipped by QotS because of the fact they were a division below us and managed to beat us in such an important game, just a couple of months after we'd drawn with Bayern Munich. At the 9-0 game, I just thought that was the end. Couldn't believe the scoreline on the big screen at 6-0, never mind 9.

Last night was just a feeling of "meh". Had I been there I would be feeling much worse, but I just get that apathetic feeling where I don't care. I'll recover from that much quicker than I did from QotS and 9-0. That doesn't mean it's acceptable though.

I think just reading the amount of options to pick from that list, especially given they've all occurred in the past five years, was one of my worst moments!

I voted Queen of the South. That was one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced. Felt so low for weeks after that game.

The 9-0 game comes in at second. That was also a horrible experience but it was pipped by QotS because of the fact they were a division below us and managed to beat us in such an important game, just a couple of months after we'd drawn with Bayern Munich. At the 9-0 game, I just thought that was the end. Couldn't believe the scoreline on the big screen at 6-0, never mind 9.

Last night was just a feeling of "meh". Had I been there I would be feeling much worse, but I just get that apathetic feeling where I don't care. I'll recover from that much quicker than I did from QotS and 9-0. That doesn't mean it's acceptable though.

I voted QotS because it felt like such a fall. we'd had a good jaunt in Europe and made it to two semi finals, after the disaster we had against Dundee United I thought we would make it and we had a "favourable draw" in the semi too then bang they shat it again

Easily QoS. We had a fantastic chance, an unbelievable chance to win something that season. The team bottled it, I include the management team in that as well. The huns were on their arses and a decent side would have taken them IMO. A massive missed opportunity that for many was the final nail in the Calderwood coffin. A different result and a win in the final and the fans may have united and the team could have pushed on. As it was we made a screaming AFC cunt of it.

Gretna Away, Boxing day i think. The worst ive ever seen Aberdeen play.

QP QOTS were embarassing.

9-0 Celtic, people finally took of the blinkers and realised that MM was a bell.

Last night. Anyone who was at the St Mirren, Dundee, Inverness second half. Would tell you its not surprising.

Knocked out if the diddy cup by east fife doesnt come close. It hardly raises an eyebrow.

However the QOS game was devastating. Not even just the game in isolation, but the impact on the entire season. That season had been a brilliant season and a terrible season. Fantastic for the euro experience but mind numbingly dreadful on the domestic front. One we got knocked out of Europe, and pumped by utd in the diddy cup, and obviously not going to finish in a euro qualifying position in the league, and drawn against Celtic in the proper cup; it looked all over. However, miraculously we were able to knock the tim out on a fantastic night at parkhead and were set to secure a route into Europe via the cup and play a Hun side that would be on their knees after a congested domestic and euro run finale. We all know that was the chance; Europe and the first Scottish cup in almost 20 years. It was also the tipping point for JC. The rest is history. I kicked a chair (first and only physical assault at a game).

I had the misfortune of witnessing our 6-0 destruction in 2000 when Ramon Vega of all fucking people scored a double on his debut and Larsson scored another hattrick against us. So i started to get used to our heavy scorelines against them but it still hurts all the same.

That's your worst moment despite all that's happened in the past 5 years alone?

The desperate way we went after him was one thing...but the complete capitulation of the club under his reign is something that any real Dons fan will look back on as being our darkest days...AFC RIP...Broons just the priest reading the last rites