Worst Dons Moment Ever?

79 members have voted

1. 1. What is your worst moment as an Aberdeen fan of recent times?

• Queen's Park 2006
    • Queen Of The South 2008
    • Dunfermline 2009
    • Raith Rovers 2010
    • Celtic 2010 (9-0)
    • East Fife 2011
    • Other

QOTS- So much build up first hampden trip for a while on what should have been a routine win and a good crack at the huns in the final we fucked it, that one hurt bad.

Last night- Shameful, embarrassing summed up the club we've became in the past few years that was the sad thing about it, apathy well and truly kicked in that is the sad thing about last night the club died to me.

Was thinking about this again this morning and as I was not at QOTS or EF the other night I cannot comment but I thought to myself that when sitting at Tyncastle a couple of weeks back after the 3rd goal went in I sat and had the realisation that this season was going to be actually worse than the last few looking at the way the players trudged off the park that day and thinking if this is the team that AFC think are going to progress then we are doomed. A real big sinking feeling sunk in and its being bourne out, sad days indeed

QotS as ive said many times.

•  
  • QP hurt, EF hurt, but those were still early on in the cups. Big clubs lose in cups all the time. Just happens we make that statistic more prevalent since we do it all the time
  • a 1 off league hammering against celtic just gets bundled in with the rest of the hammerings theyve given us over the last 10 years.
  • QotS was heart breaking because we were on the cusp, we were touching distance from a cup final against a team that based on how wed been doing that season, i firmly believe we would have beaten to give us our 1st trophy in a lifetime. we were so close.

Queen of the South for both me and I think for the club as a whole.

For me, the build up, expectation a great chance to not only to get to our first final in 8 years (guaranteeing European fitba), we also would be facing a Rangers tiring due to all their commitments or Falkirk if we get to the final. And we blow it. In embarrassing fashion, conceding 4 goals.

For the club, I think it was the moment that Scottish football as a whole realised that there was never anything to fear in playing Aberdeen and it has shown since when we go from embarrassment to embarrassment. Stenhousemuir and Queens Park before could be classed as one offs, but since Queen of the South, it has been consistent. It was a real low point that we should have risen from but instead we have stayed at that level...

Queen of the South was horrible, destroyed our fan base and the away attendances havnt been the same since, i cant believe how much numbers from our supporters club have simply stopped going.

Last night however was the worst for me, at home to a team bottom of division two and played off the park! Upsets can happen at a neutral venue (look at ross co v celtic), big occasion nerves bottles crashing managers fucking things right up but to lose to a team of part timers at home and the manner of the defeat makes it the worst for me.

Was more gutted after QoS but definitley more embarassed on tuesday.

I have never been more ashamed of the club.

Guest the shepherd

This.

QoTS was the worst day of my life supporting Aberdeen given the opportunity we blew.

Sitting through 9 at Parkhead realising the McGhee reign was over after I was absolutely desperate for a Dons legend to succeed, the fact that nae cunt at the club saw fit to apologise for days/weeks afterwards was another kick in the nuts.

Ugh.

:applause: Well said. Not one cunt fae the board nor management team saw fit to apologise to us supporters first and foremost who had to sit through and endure that day at Parkhead in the direct aftermath of the game, i.e. at 5pm on that Saturday. Still rankles me yet. :angry2: Heads up their own arses and full of their own self-importance.

However voted for the debacle at Firhill against Queens Park in '06 as being the worst Dons moment ever. No Aberdeen side should ever be losing to an amateur side let alone a third division side. Fucking shocking. Mind you Stenhousemuir in 1995 runs that farce very closely.

:applause: Well said. Not one cunt fae the board nor management team saw fit to apologise to us supporters first and foremost who had to sit through and endure that day at Parkhead in the direct aftermath of the game, i.e. at 5pm on that Saturday. Still rankles me yet. :angry2: Heads up their own arses and full of their own self-importance.

However voted for the debacle at Firhill against Queens Park in '06 as being the worst Dons moment ever. No Aberdeen side should ever be losing to an amateur side let alone a third division side. Fucking shocking. Mind you Stenhousemuir in 1995 runs that farce very closely.