Scotlands Roughest Pubs

Big Man

The Four Isles in Airdrie i think it's called.

When i was at uni, one of my flatmates who was a Dundee fan had two away tickets going spare for a game against Airdrie. He asked if me and another boy in our flat fancied boosting through for the game. Seeing as it was his team we left the logistics and planning up to him and he scouted out this place called the Four Aisles for a pre-match pint. As soon as we crossed the threshold of the door, the place fell silent, every head swivelling around to get a look at us. I new immediately we weren't welcome.

My flatmate sensing the atmosphere comes out with ''Oh, looks like John is not here boys, we'll wait for him outside eh''. This guy stood at the end of the bar, dressed like shit with half his belly hanging out leans back and sais, ''Aye, don't fucking bother''. Pockets of mild laughter and chuckling then emanates from all directions. Needless to say we turned around sharpish, elbowing each other to get to the door, and sprinted out faster than we'd arrived. Spent the rest of the day with a very twitchy arse.

That place gives me the primal fear. An utter shithole. Avoid.

Over to you...

The Three Isles in Airdrie i think it's called.

That place gives me the primal fear. An utter shithole. Avoid.

Over to you...

It's the Four Isles Pub sir but then Dundee fans aren't famous for their numeracy skills. Isn't Carol Vorderman a Dandy? sheepdance.gif

Anyway, the whole of Airdrie and Coatbridge is shit hole, including the rest of Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, Ayrshire, Dumbartonshire, and Glasgow. A nuke would certainly improve the gene pool. :)

It's the Four Isles Pub sir. The whole of Airdrie and Coatbridge is shit hole, including the rest of Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, Ayrshire. A nuke would improve the gene pool. :)

Aye, that's it. the Four Isles. I knew it was X. number of Isles.

Have you been in?

Have you been in?

I've been a couple of times because my ex lived nearby for a while. Shit pub, small people and they take delight in their orange marches. They all wear track suits and drink buckfast! :S hysterical.gif I thought that was just a Rab C stereotype! ohmy.gif

Been in the stadium bar and some other hun hole with rangers shit all over tiles and that. Pure shite byrway.

Faust in Krakow was a bit of banter. I go out to PL a fair bit knew this place was a skin head shit hole but some of my mates wanted to go cos one of PL mates reckoned it was ok, scottish mates "nah it'll be banter". I objected they knew better "ok" says I.

Onyway as I predicted full of proper nutters (Danny Dyer would love this place) I took a couple shots and went to go cutting shapes rest all shit themselfs and sat at the tables. Now see none of the agro types dance so I was fine rest got evils from man mountains all night then bleated about wanting to leave, too scared to take a piss even. And to do that you had to pay. Anyways was in having a slash in the tinny pisser huge polish boy walks in, waits for me to wring myself out (so I thought) turns round to wash my hand... ah no he's pissing in the sink...

Other place in PL met a few dons in one place then me and my wee bro went to some other place (dinna mind the name) anyways I was dancing like a mong as usual some large polish lad starts on me before I even register my bro chucked him over the bar, nae fucking about. Quick exit and just as we leave the dandies from the other place are coming into that bar (was like 7am) "yous coming in for a pint" "nah kicked out... he chucked a boy over the bar". (one was a Mackay cos we were joking about how everyone up west up here is called McKay) Happy days. laughing.gif

Have you been in?

Send this link to your dee mate! :)http://goo.gl/maps/ChCA. Even the taxi's look afraid or bored! ;) Was in there once wearing my Aberdeen top. I've had some interesting times in glasgow while wearing the colours! Drumpchapel wanted to kill mel, Royston wanted to hug me! unsure.gif. Royston is a bit strange. For miles, there are fllags, Irish as well as the red hand of Ulster flags. While you drive past there are quite a few floral wreaths on a grassy embankment. I guess some hun had recently cause a huntrocity there, but this is how they live!

Scariest club I've frequented was 3C in Detroit... also known as The CCC Club.

When I first moved here there was a bunch of us, mainly white strangely enough, who would go there after work on a Friday to do drugs, get fucked up and watch the dynamic. That was back in my younger days when I was a wild-eyed loner, standing at the gates of oblivion, on the last freedom moped out of nowhere city.

Stabbings were a nightly affair, you couldn't go to the bogs alone, and Coke was done in the safety of large groups of people.

Place was the haunt of a lot of local celebrities, which gave it a kind of status, and the worst of the city's hoods were usually identified at the door and turned away by the doormen, who also happened to be some local gang or other who had a rep for being stupid violent. They were aye fine wi us, though... I think the sight of some whities coming in was funny as shit to them.

I think it was 3C where we couldn't get in one night because there'd been a shootout outside and some lad was being carted off to the ambulance under a sheet, but I could be wrong about the location of that particular incident. Weekends in Detroit are like the Wild West, unless you stick to the burbs or Greektown.

EDIT: That wasnae in Scotland, though, to be fair.

Roughest Scottish pub was maybe the Saltoun Arms in the 80s.

Good stories so far :thumbup1:

Living in the Weeg, been in plenty rough houses. We always do an end of season subcrawl with the supporters club and you go in a few interesting gaffs down in Govan and south of the river. First year we ever done it, got off at Kinning Park and were walking towards what we knew was the biggest hun shit hole on the route. 10 or so dandies walking up to the door a bit nervous and this wasn't helped as we approached the door and some gut runs out with a burning newspaper. Get inside and there are guy in 'ra flute band' uniforms filling the place as it was 'marching season', had their wee kids in with them, who were banging the drums and shit. Only seat we could get was right under a big framed picture of Durrant. Anyway, only had to stay for one drink thankfully, but before we left we went in the bogs and someone held the door shut and we went to town with black marker pens :) Fair to say a very quick exit was made towards the underground after that.

Good stories so far :thumbup1:

Living in the Weeg, been in plenty rough houses. We always do an end of season subcrawl with the supporters club and you go in a few interesting gaffs down in Govan and south of the river. First year we ever done it, got off at Kinning Park and were walking towards what we knew was the biggest hun shit hole on the route. 10 or so dandies walking up to the door a bit nervous and this wasn't helped as we approached the door and some gut runs out with a burning newspaper. Get inside and there are guy in 'ra flute band' uniforms filling the place as it was 'marching season', had their wee kids in with them, who were banging the drums and shit. Only seat we could get was right under a big framed picture of Durrant. Anyway, only had to stay for one drink thankfully, but before we left we went in the bogs and someone held the door shut and we went to town with black marker pens :) Fair to say a very quick exit was made towards the underground after that.

hysterical.gif

Another dodgy shit hole we went in en route, no windows or anything, walked in and was almost in darkness. Got a few funny looks, but the locals started speaking to us cos it was quiet. Some of the boys started playing pool with them and we noticed a pile of snapped half pool cues in the corner and asked what they were for, to which some big nutter just replied 'old firm days'.

Went in to Belmont Bar once for a quick pint (no idea why tbh) and walked into the pisser and there's a guy snorting coke off the sink. Not in the actual bog but in full view of everyone. Turns round to me and goes "alright?" as if there's nothing wrong with that. I was in fucking knots when i went back to the bar :laughing:

Oh and the place is a fucking dump

Went in to Belmont Bar once for a quick pint (no idea why tbh) and walked into the pisser and there's a guy snorting coke off the sink. Not in the actual bog but in full view of everyone. Turns round to me and goes "alright?" as if there's nothing wrong with that. I was in fucking knots when i went back to the bar :laughing:

landlords were coke dealers, so that happened all the time.

i'm surprised the boy never offered you a line.

Belmont Bar for me too, utter hell hole.

You'd only go in if you were really pished and fancied laughing at some junkies.

Went in their once and was offered drugs by three seperate patrons in 15 minutes.

Think it's closed down now.

Last time I was in there on an ADS me and the boys are with got asked by and old wifie to meet her in the men's if we fancied some speed. She was in there for a good half hour waiting for us as well whilst none of us dared get up for a pish :hysterical:

Me and mates used to go in the Belmont "for a laugh" on some days out. Seeing guys openly doing drugs in the bogs became a regular occurrence. Absolute shit hole of a place but we never got any hassle in there. Quality jukebox too if i remember right.

Im sure i seen the barmaids from the Belmont working in the Tilted Wig one night. Did they take over the wig ? Used to go to the wig years ago when it was a decent rock bar but it too is a fuckin horrific bar now.

East Neuk on King street is pritty fuckin raw too

Me and mates used to go in the Belmont "for a laugh" on some days out. Seeing guys openly doing drugs in the bogs became a regular occurrence. Absolute shit hole of a place but we never got any hassle in there. Quality jukebox too if i remember right.

Im sure i seen the barmaids from the Belmont working in the Tilted Wig one night. Did they take over the wig ? Used to go to the wig years ago when it was a decent rock bar but it too is a fuckin horrific bar now.

East Neuk on King street is pritty fuckin raw too

They turned the Tilted Wig back into a Rock bar.

I'm not going to look for trouble but if it happens to arrive at my feet I am not going to hide under the table. People that start trouble are the real problems in life.

If the trouble arrives at your feet I would suggest being under the table would be the ideal location to deal with it.