Aberdeen Soccer Casuals - Where/who Are You Now?

Scrumpy

As an exiled proud Aberdonian thinking back to the glory days of the 80s and 90s, I just wondered if there were any old ASC lads on here, or if you know any? If you were (are?) ASC, who did you muck about with and who is no longer with us? I knew a hell of a lot of good guys back then and often wonder what became of them. Let me know.

:sherlock:

Seriously don't want to blow any trumpets and don't want to sound like a total arse, but if you've read Jay's book, 'Bloody Casuals' I was there during everything that is mentioned. If you were genuinely there too, I'd like to hear from you, as I will know you. Left Aberdeen years ago and lost touch with all my old mates (intentionally) but regret it now and would like to know if any of the guys I mucked about with are still around. No names needed if that's an issue, knicknames/initials will do!!!

Seriously don't want to blow any trumpets and don't want to sound like a total arse, but if you've read Jay's book, 'Bloody Casuals' I was there during everything that is mentioned. If you were genuinely there too, I'd like to hear from you, as I will know you. Left Aberdeen years ago and lost touch with all my old mates (intentionally) but regret it now and would like to know if any of the guys I mucked about with are still around. No names needed if that's an issue, knicknames/initials will do!!!

We bumped into Jay on the way back to our bus after the semi. He was very emotional whilst shouting "you're my fucking hero" and giving a huge man hug to my friend and football cohort. Won't say name but it sounds like Teuchter

Were you on the bus to Gothenburg?

Back in the day, I knew people such as (using nicknames only) Puffin, Johnboy, Shunter, Stretch, Weg, Bunter, Shinner, Moog, Mad Dog M, Croits, Newport, Swifty etc etc. Can't think of any more nicknames right now but knew all the the top boys

We bumped into Jay on the way back to our bus after the semi. He was very emotional whilst shouting "you're my fucking hero" and giving a huge man hug to my friend and football cohort. Won't say name but it sounds like Teuchter

Your friend had a perm back in the 80s (or was it natural curls?). Top bloke.

Never heard of them.

Although I do remember a guy who looked like Penfold. Got jailed for printing ASC cartoons, 'inciting violence' I think the sheriff said. Ran them off at Aberdeen City Libraries on their photocopier on this school lunch break!

Back in the day, I knew people such as (using nicknames only) Puffin, Johnboy, Shunter, Stretch, Weg, Bunter, Shinner, Moog, Mad Dog M, Croits, Newport, Swifty etc etc. Can't think of any more nicknames right now but knew all the the top boys

Roberto? Boy is mintal like and was at all the big scraps during the 80's.

Eh Robbo?

Well Moogs was defo not made up.

Only mentioned him cos I couldn't think of any other nicknames. Wasn't there when I first got involved but no doubting he was a mad bastard at times when he did arrive on the scene.

Prior to the advent of the ASC, we used to go in the old Beach End (left side, or wherever it was likely to kick off). Does anyone remember the Donkey Reds (I piss you not!!), Donkey jackets, DM boots and no colours? Forerunners of the ASC.

Big D's a toff if a lad, ain't seen him since qots semi.

Weg was a good lad, wasn't keeping best if health fir

a while but last I heard he'd got much better.

Quite a few lads have died in recent years.

Chris Kyle's still on the go.

Big D was with me in Princes Street when we ducked a petrol bomb - I can still feel the heat on my face and the smell of petrol....

Remember Kyle now you mention him but wasn't a close mate

Thanks Tommy