Germany Vs Poland (0 - 0)

The finishing 3rd and maybe making it through has actually made the competition much worse.

Teams setting up to defend and nick a point is frustrating.

I've not seen in my time a worse major tournament international level, ever. I'm 30. Terrible.

Euro 2004 was gowder.

WC 2010 was also a flop.

Euro 2004 was gowder.

WC 2010 was also a flop.

Euro 2004 was so poor it's like I've been trained to forget Greece won. I can name every World Cup and Euros winner since the 80's but seriously struggle to remember when I get to 2004. You'd think a team like Greece winning it would be more notable.

Euro 2004 was so poor it's like I've been trained to forget Greece won. I can name every World Cup and Euros winner since the 80's but seriously struggle to remember when I get to 2004. You'd think a team like Greece winning it would be more notable.

Milan Baros with the golden boot !

I see folk lumping 2004 Euros in there, not even close to be being as bad as this Euros in terms of quality.

The group games were decent in that Euros.

Aye Greece won and it was utterly abysmal, but the quality was better in the games than it was here.

I've been bored to tears pretty much all matches thus far. Whereas I'm 2004 I was only bored to tears in the semi finals and final match.

Least it's Italy today. Mon Pelle.

Hopefully with many of the next games are must win in one way or another, we should hopefully see more attacking, expansive football, or at least a war with 5 sending offs.

Football in general is shite quality these days. Different shades of shite the further down the leagues you go and whatever nation you're in, but money and the fear of not having any money have ruined it.

Football also looks better through younger eyes. When we were all younger football seemed better and a more romantic and exciting thing. Now we're all older wiser, more cynical and see it for what it is.

A corrupt money making machine where the fan is the furthest thing from being important.

Football in general is shite quality these days. Different shades of shite the further down the leagues you go and whatever nation you're in, but money and the fear of not having any money have ruined it.

Football also looks better through younger eyes. When we were all younger football seemed better and a more romantic and exciting thing. Now we're all older wiser, more cynical and see it for what it is.

A corrupt money making machine where the fan is the furthest thing from being important.

Then LCFC win the EPL, and non league player Vardy becomes their nations favorite...

Normal service will resume next year.

Aye nae doot.

Italy 1990 was the one for me.

Nessun Dorma, Schillaci, The divine ponytail Baggio,

Roger Milla, Oman-Biyak, Witch doctors.

West German efficiency, Matthaus, Klinsmann,

Penalties, Penalties and mare Penalties.

Ukraine last night had to win, didn't stop them passing back to the keeper from Northern Irelands half when 1-0 down and 5 mins to go...

It was so bad that I even said to my dad, surely they've had a brown envelope here. Their performance was utterly dreadful and I've never seen anything like it for a long time.

Italy only team that have impressed me although favouritism cause I have them to win it... so watch today's game be utterly shite.

I've never been so peeved watching a tournament like this. Swearing at the tv and genuinely getting myself worked up by the dross on show haha.

You're just upset that Scotland aren't there pal. We all share your pain.

Aye nae doot.

Italy 1990 was the one for me.

Nessun Dorma, Schillaci, The divine ponytail Baggio,

Roger Milla, Oman-Biyak, Witch doctors.

West German efficiency, Matthaus, Klinsmann,

Penalties, Penalties and mare Penalties.

That's the tournament for me too.

12 years old and lapping up the football with everything you describe above.

Brilliant.