Out Of Contract

Just now, Simply Red said:

Theres a player in there for sure. Be interesting to see what he makes of his career. I always think players like that should go abroad at that age if given the chance (Technical/lightweight/likes a lot of time on the ball) No chance now with all this covid pish tho. 

Aye Frank Ross got a gig in Holland.  Somewhere where Wright would do well I think. 

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Wright can fuck off. Was quite happy picking up his full wages after every cruciate injury and after the first decent 6 months in his entire Dons career he thinks he can do better. Fuck off you little dweeb then. 

It wasn’t even 6 months, maybe 4 months. Right fucking way to thank the club rehabilitating through his injury. Ungrateful little wankstain. 

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

Dont blame him. McInnes treated him like absolute dirt in his younger years, with his preference for his favourites clearly obvious. 

Agreed, stalled his development and only this season were we starting to see the player he was as eventually played in correct position. I would like to know what has been discussed in regards to him staying and the contract etc

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Where did I say Wright would play in the Dutch second division? 

I was suggesting that he would do well in a country like Holland. 

I never said you'd said that. 

you mentioned Frank Ross. He plays in the ditch second division. Whoop Dee do basil 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Not to worry. 

GMS will come in and take the role of mercurial, inconsistent and injury prone forward player back. 

Well, it does now become a bit clearer why we are even thinking of taking GMS back. DM will have known for over a month that Wright had indicated he was awa, as unless you are dross like McLennan or Taylor, you don't let a soon to be out of contract player get to Jan 1st without getting him signed to a new deal.

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Theres a player in there for sure. Be interesting to see what he makes of his career. I always think players like that should go abroad at that age if given the chance (Technical/lightweight/likes a lot of time on the ball) No chance now with all this covid pish tho. 

Worked wonders for mini Messi Gauld

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Harsh. 

The boy took the difficult decision to try something different at a young age rather than stay in his comfort zone. 

Just because he didn't end up as a superstar doesn't mean it was necessarily the wrong decision at the time. 

All about the £‘S. Or in his case the €’s

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I admit it's a pretty long shot. 

More useful than Greg Stewart or Jordan Jones though. 

Fuck whatever happened to that idiot Stewart? Is he away to get a league winners medal? 

if Wright goes to a club with more prestigious honours than Aberdeen I'll never post again. In fact, I'd even go for a pint with Betty.

10 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

McLennan's a puzzle, aye. He looks to have it all - bit of pace, bag of tricks, good physical size. 2 or 3 years I've been waiting for it to click with him and invariably he disappoints.

Play him through the middle. Honestly, guarantee he’d be better than Main, Anderson, Cosgrove or Edmundson 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that either of them take him as a squad player 

Fuck me your dealer must have got some really pure stuff that he's dishing out to try to snare a few more customers and you are getting a bonus high out of it

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Fuck me your dealer must have got some really pure stuff that he's dishing out to try to snare a few more customers and you are getting a bonus high out of it

You've just got a bee in your bonnet re Wright. 

Last week you were telling us he was going to be out of football if he didn't take Aberdeen's offer. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You've just got a bee in your bonnet re Wright. 

Last week you were telling us he was going to be out of football if he didn't take Aberdeen's offer. 

I said it wouldn't surprise me but I didnt say it would definitely happen.

Until this season I thought he was just plain shyte, based on what I'd seen prior to his knee injury. This season he has been good more often than not. I have only very recently come round to thinking that  he deserves a new contract with us. But absolutely not on blockbuster (for us) wages.

I just don't think his history makes him that much of an attractive option for other clubs. And he might find himself short of offers. If we take ours away and he has nothing from elsewhere.... then he ends up a free agent in the summer. Then the delights of Dundee for a grand a week beckon him as a late squad addition in August

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I said it wouldn't surprise me but I didnt say it would definitely happen.

Until this season I thought he was just plain shyte, based on what I'd seen prior to his knee injury. This season he has been good more often than not. I have only very recently come round to thinking that  he deserves a new contract with us. But absolutely not on blockbuster (for us) wages.

I just don't think his history makes him that much of an attractive option for other clubs. And he might find himself short of offers. If we take ours away and he has nothing from elsewhere.... then he ends up a free agent in the summer. Then the delights of Dundee for a grand a week beckon him as a late squad addition in August

If he's not signing on again with us he'll have a decent offer from another club in hand i'd wager