Pesky Tories.

TheG_L_A

Where's 57Vintage. We need his commy righteousness right now

Him and snecky! note when the latter loses a argument he calls the other person chief!

The other guy with serious issues right now is Arctic flunky, he's just out of shorts yet thinks the tories are the anti christ, brainwashed looney student! when he's 40 he'll be voting conservative.

• Upvote 1
  • 6 years later...

http://www.independent.co.uk/3d5ad307-27a7-43b2-9d16-10c77b51696e

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Conservative grassroots’ favoured candidate to succeed Theresa May, has said he is against same-sex marriage and opposes abortion even in cases of rape.

The Tory Eurosceptic MP, whose growing profile has seen him tipped for a ministerial role in the prime minister’s next reshuffle, said he was a practising Catholic and opposed abortion in all circumstances.
Asked by ITV’s Good Morning Britain whether he was in favour of same-sex marriage, the Old Etonian said: “I’m a Catholic, I take the teaching of the Catholic church seriously. Marriage is a sacrament and the view of what marriage is is taken by the church, not parliament.”
“I support the teaching of the Catholic church. The marriage issue is the important thing, this is not how people arrange their lives.”
Rees-Mogg, who is a father of six, said he was “completely opposed to abortion” and said he believed life began at the point of conception. “With same-sex marriage, that is something that people are doing for themselves. With abortion, that is what people are doing to the unborn child,” he said.
Asked whether he would be against terminations in all circumstances including rape, he replied: “Afraid so.”
Rees-Mogg, who recently topped a ConservativeHome poll of Conservative party members as their favoured next prime minister, called speculations about a run for the leadership “all good silly season stuff. It was fun in August when there wasn’t much news about.”
The MP said he would not be a candidate if there was a leadership election. He added: “I fully support Mrs May; I want her to remain leader of the Tory party.”

Old Catholic Sheep will be delighted.

I'm nae Catholic but I agree with the boy about abortion.

Whys that? I assume you'll also be against the morning after pill.

This view is archaic and it's only purpose is the control and subjugation of women. Whys it always middle aged men who want to try and tell women what they can and can't do with their body?

• Downvote 1