3 Months Since My Last Fag

Good work BC!!!! I'm onto my 9th month, it gets easier all the time, I found after 3 months I'd still get cravings from time to time, but I just get what I'd call the odd notion sometimes now, and wouldn't ever be tempted.

If your going to The Roses in 4 weeks time, continue to resist no matter what state you get yourself into :)

I've been stopped 9 years but after 3 months remember clearly I nearly started again. Life just didn't seem the same without cigarettes and I'd been puffing away for 20 years. It was nagging at me constantly and i felt empty without them.

However, luckily a cousin of mine had stopped and knew I was teetering and informed me that these feelings would go and eventually it wouldn't even cross my mind to smoke. That gave me some motivation to stay stopped and her words came good. I wouldn't smoke now if someone paid me.

Tricky biscuits stopping smoking, but well worth it.

Been stopped 22 months - as soon as I found out my wife was pregnant, got an appointment with the doctor and prescribed those Champix things. They are ace. Mental dreams every night - like going to the pictures for free every sleep. I'm half tempted to go back to the doctor and say I'm smoking again so I can get another course of them. Don't think I'll ever smoke again. I feel like I have never smoked. Play fitba now, do exercises - all shit I couldn't manage before. If I smoked now it would feel like I was having my first ever fag - a bit stupid for someone in their 40s.

Been aff them a week now, to be honest, I'm one o those chodes that only smoke when they go to the boozer at the weekends, so was going 4-5 days without anyway. Got a massive pile of Nicorette lozenges, they seem to work fine, when I get a craving for the smokes, I pop one of them under ma tongue instead. Been using them to deal with Monday morning cravings, so I know they work, only thing to get used to is the slightly spewey feeling while sookin awa on them, but if you've something to drink it keeps the edge off.

Quitting this weekend. Not going for patches or anything, been reading the Allen (not the queer one) Carr book, and lots of things adding up and making sense. Every cig tastes minging at the moment and I'm only smoking half of it before I feel sick, so think it might be time to give up. Tried patches once, but they gave me splitting migraines, i.e. to the point I could barely see.

Also went cold turkey once, but after 2 days my pupils were begging me to start again as I was becoming aggressive and moany in class, and I thought I was like that normally.

EDIT: A big well done to you who have given up, its fucking tough.

Quitting this weekend. Not going for patches or anything, been reading the Allen (not the queer one) Carr book, and lots of things adding up and making sense. Every cig tastes minging at the moment and I'm only smoking half of it before I feel sick, so think it might be time to give up. Tried patches once, but they gave me splitting migraines, i.e. to the point I could barely see.

Also went cold turkey once, but after 2 days my pupils were begging me to start again as I was becoming aggressive and moany in class, and I thought I was like that normally.

EDIT: A big well done to you who have given up, its fucking tough.

Surely you'll have more joy if you decide to quit instantly rather than putting a time frame on it?

Here's an idea for you stirling min.

A California woman who is desperate to quit smoking has slapped a sheriff's deputy so she could be thrown in jail and unable to light up.

Etta Mae Lopez came up with the new way to beat her nicotine habit when she smacked Sacramento County Sheriff's Deputy Matt Campoy in the face as he walked out of the jail, where smoking is not allowed.
Mr Campoy grabbed Lopez and took her inside, where she slapped his arm as soon as he let her go.
Once she was handcuffed, the 5ft 1in Lopez told Mr Campoy she picked him because he was in uniform and she wanted to make sure she struck a law enforcement officer.
"She waited all day for a deputy to come out because she knew if she assaulted a deputy she would go to jail and be inside long enough to quit her smoking habit," Mr Campoy told The Sacramento Bee newspaper.
The deputy said he tried to sidestep Lopez as he left the jail through the usual gathering of family members who linger outside the facility a few blocks from the state Capitol.
He said: "I stepped to the left again and she suddenly stepped into me and slapped my face."
Lopez, 31, pleaded no contest to misdemeanour battery on a peace officer and was sentenced to 63 days in jail.
She also was sentenced to five days for violating her probation from a 2010 drunken driving conviction.
Among the conditions included in her sentence: an order to have no contact with deputies.

Surely you'll have more joy if you decide to quit instantly rather than putting a time frame on it?

I'd agree there, but the lad that wrote the book reckons that you should finish the book completely before attempting to stop. Can see why, my distaste for fags is growing with every puff, managed to go 2 whole commutes in the car (50 mins each way) to work today, when normally I'd have 3 or 4 each time, so happy at that so far.

Apparently not. The psychological preparation before the confronting of the physical addiction is worth a puckley hairst in the dynamic interchange of autoresponders. That's not even taking into consideration the cost of cigarettes nor the exploring alternatives such as cigarillos or mentholated spirits. The electric fags need to be plugged in so nae use at the top of Benachie. Unless they've put power up there since the last time I was up it. Would be good for a jamboree or a cake shop. Guaranteed traffic all day in the summer.

What?

I'd agree there, but the lad that wrote the book reckons that you should finish the book completely before attempting to stop. Can see why, my distaste for fags is growing with every puff, managed to go 2 whole commutes in the car (50 mins each way) to work today, when normally I'd have 3 or 4 each time, so happy at that so far.

Sorry min, didna realise you'd got a book.

• 1 year later...

14.5 months masel. Will never smoke again. Well, not fags. Nor beef.

Never say never they say. With cigarettes, I can say with certainty.

Nothing good about Regal Kings. After a third of a century, finally worked out it was just habit.

Strange deal in the shops right now, apparently 10's are getting binned so the cig companies are selling 19's instead, 19 L & B £6.50, 20 £8.70.

I'm delighted, been snapping up packs of 19.

If I haven't smoked my stash in the next couple of weeks, you can have them.